Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 12 of 149

In Character: : Maiokus nods to Njall. "Aye, - Page 12 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 6th Dec, 2015 - 1:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 149 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
5th Dec, 2015 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 12

The Referee relays...

To find passengers you can use the Carouse skill or make a Streetwise check, if successful you add half the effect to the traffic value; in this case the traffic value is 12 (Population value of current world is 8 -1 for leaving Rich world, +4 for high population destination, and +1 for Industrial destination), so you would add another 6 for a value of 18. For playing up the Doc's medical skills you can add a +1 modifier to the carouse or streetwise roll. In order to accommodate Middle or High level passengers someone needs the Steward skill.

international QUOTE (Core Rulebook pg. 160)
Each level, including level 0, of the Steward skill allows a character to care for two high passangers or five middle passage passengers.

Enerii
Regina's trade classifications is Rich (Ri) and its UWP is A788899-C while Ruie has two trade classifications: High Population (Hi) and Industrial (In) with a UWP of C776977-7 Most high tech gear will probably fetch a decent price as well given the planets limited technology. While various governments may have access to higher tech through some trade, the common citizen may not though they may also not have much in the way of funds either.

The spaceport is located on an island and is operated by an international confederation of governments similar to NATO. These governments are more open to offworld contact and trade but overall information is somewhat limited. Governments and national boundaries on Ruie are in constant flux. You find several news articles that reference wars between various nations and the space port primarily caters to mercenaries and arms dealers. Dealing in weapons on Ruie is dangerous and there are more than one articles that report off worlders being assaulted or killed by agents of various world governments as a consequence of trading or otherwise aiding their rivals. Off world traffic is often monitored very closed by agents as well, working with one government is likely to draw the ire of another.

Silvertongue
Using the contact information provided you are able to make contact with Dr. Crane; you see his image come up on the screen. He is a portly middle aged man with a shiny shaved head. He is a heavy breather, sucking in air and forcefully expelling it quite audibly as he sits looking into the monitor.

"Ah yes" he says with a tinge of excitement in his high pitched voice that doesn't seem to match his physical appearance "Calling in on this line must mean that you are calling about the job yes? Very simple really; its all layed out in the request. I need as much of this particular chemical compound as you can muster delivered to my lab in the Whanga system...well on the outskirts of it anyway on a moon orbiting the furthest gas giant. I have business here on Regina at the moment so it is likely that I will not be there to receive the shipment. If you agree to take on the request I will let my assistant know to be expecting you and you shouldn't have any trouble."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2015 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

In Character: "Doctor, given the scarcity of this compound and the related security at the facility where it is stored. I am certain that you are low-balling the price."

(Social +1, Persuade +2)

5th Dec, 2015 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

The Referee relays...

Silvertongue
Dr. Crane arches his eyebrow, "Ha! Low balling the price!" he bursts out with laughter, his jowls shaking as his upper body spasms and convulses and for a moment Silvertongue fears he may be having a stroke or a heart attack.

Holding up his hand he waves it back and forth in dismissal "That's a good one. I like you already, almost as much as I liked the last guy that called about the job." He takes a moment to compose himself before continuing, using a white handkerchief to wipe a layer of sweat from his bald head, "And how much more over twice the going rate for freight would you suggest is appropriate in this situation? It is true the compound I seek is rare and hard to come by, but not impossible. You are not the only game in town my friend."

Crane chuckles some more and wipes away more beads of sweat before continuing "I get it you're a businessman, and you want to get as much out of this as possible, and here I am just a meager researcher with no business sense to speak of...I am truly at a disadvantage here. Whew, what to do? Well, like I said; I like you so I wont simply cut the feed here, and I'll give you another opportunity to accept the offer..."

He leans in until his fat face fills up the screen "Truth be told though...gosh...I just don't really need you for this, like I said, you're not the only game in town. So do you want the job?"

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2015 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 12 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

In Character: "So how many lives are you willing to risk, getting this substance? You aren't the only one able to put the word out and I am certain there are many more interested in knowing about this. And you cutting this call will confirm the suspicions of those already following this conversation."

Silvertongue momentarily turns and gestures to a space that Crane can not see, through the Doctor's Holovid. Pressing a throat mike, Silvertongue whispers, "Doc, get a lock on the Vid number and track all previous calls."

Turning back around, "Everything is negotiable, however some risks bear more consideration. So once again, how many lives are you willing to risk for this? The price you are currently quoting is not worth the lives of my crewmates."

Silvertongue turns again to the empty space and gestures for another minute or so. Hoping that Doc is able to get the details he needs, he presses his throat mike again, "Maiokus, we have competition. Need to consider some alternate approaches."

Turning back to the Holovid, Silvertongue studies the bulbous doctor, and waits for responses from his crewmates and/or the doctor.

Reconcile Edited: Malcolmshaw on 5th Dec, 2015 - 11:01pm

5th Dec, 2015 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : "He seemed awfully ready to give us the job, which makes me think there might not be as much competition as he might suggest.

"But, we do need the job and we're likely not going to get a better offer."

5th Dec, 2015 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

This is Kanin, over...

Krakrefr manages to find some viable jobs from suppliers in town. He makes a grin, showing his teeth, as he hears the conversation of Silvetongue and the doctor. He really does not like this one, but Maiokus is right. They really need the job. He nods affirmatively his head to Maiokus.

Out of character: I rolled Education for trader or black market trader.

Reconcile Edited: Morfeas on 5th Dec, 2015 - 11:25pm

Krakrefr Results:
  • Finding a supplier on D12 (+1): 12 (1 roll)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Dec, 2015 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 12

Rebel over...

"Well, we tried to bump up the price. I say take the job, get earning. Perhaps we'll be better able to negotiate when we actually have what he wants. Find out where he'll be over the next few weeks so we can contact him before the delivery."

"Maiokus, you want to help me stock the freezer? Without a Steward our only passengers will be sleepers. Suits me. Less trouble."

Njall starts looking for Low Berth customers. That means those "Travelling on a budget", so he will use his Streetwise ( and, if free, Maiokus will help ):

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 6th Dec, 2015 - 12:01am

Njall Nail Lang Results:
  • Streetwise on D12 (+1): 5 (1 roll, as D2-12)

6th Dec, 2015 - 1:44am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 12

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus nods to Njall. "Aye, sure thing."

Maiokus stands up from the pilots seat to assist Njall.

Out of Character: : streetwise check with INT +1 and streetwise skill +1

Maiokus Results:
  • Streetwise check on D12 (+2): 10 (1 roll, as D2-12)

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,