Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 115 of 149

"Talk to the natives? Hazard pay at double - Page 115 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 8th Sep, 2016 - 11:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

+  « First of 149 pgs.  111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119  ...Latest (149) »
Posts: 1191 - Views: 38442
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
7th Sep, 2016 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 115

The Referee relays...

EPISODE 2: BACK ON RUIE
Adeline’s departure at Alell was sudden and without warning as she gave no indication that she had any intent of leaving the crew. She disembarked when the ship arrived on 057-01115 and said only that she had some matters that she needed to attend to. Adeline never returned and all attempts at contacting her via comms failed. By the time 060-01115 came around the crew decided that they had no choice but to continue operations or risk falling behind on the ships mortgage, not to mention the fact that they needed to get to Ruie as soon as possible to follow up on the lead given to them by one of their passengers regarding a salvageable sensor array.

For the most part the ship was operating fairly well given her age, though some of this may be contributed to the presence of skilled engineers/mechanics among its crew who were constantly working out all of its kinks. The sensors of course were hopeless and continued to plague the crew as the systems worked only intermittently and had even been the cause of several small fires. This meant that the vast majority of the time the sensors were either not operational or simply shut down for fear of malfunction.

The crew of the Wildcard quickly established a hauling routine jumping from system to system, offloading cargo and passengers, loading more freight and passengers, refueling, and then repeating the process.

The ships locker had been restocked (Included in the maint. Cost) and now included enough vac suits for each crew member, though not every passenger. The locker also contained basic weapons, armor (Mostly flak jackets) and survival gear

On 122-1115 the Wildcard emerged from jump in the Ruie System, its crew armed with knowledge of the general location of the Free Trader Isis, the ship used by Imperial Marines for a planetside operation during the 5th Frontier War which was subsequently shot down by ‘insurgents’ and had crashed into a dense swampland. Though it was possible that the Isis may have been recovered by one of the planetary governments, it was unlikely given the resources that it would take to pull her out of the depths of the swamp and that assuming anyone knew of its location. The Imperium certainly didn’t bother to try and recover her.

Of course this presented a problem to the crew of the Wildcard as well. Though they have a general idea of the location of the vessel; narrowed down to an area that is roughly ninety-five square miles, they do not have precise coordinates. The crew could try to scan the surface but the ships sensors were not very good which was the whole reason for the expedition in the first place, and the Isis was likely submerged in the swamp to one degree or another and this would most likely interfere even further with any scans made in an attempt to locate her. Odds were good that if the crew of Wildcard were in for a slog through the swamps of Ruie.



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2016 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

When The 'Card reaches Ruie he curses under his breathe. The last time planetside just plain sucked. Nothing worse in his mind than getting caught in squabbles.

Silver recommends a rather crude method for locating Isis. Find a safe place to land for the night. In the morning, tether a pair of individuals near the cargo hatch and fly 20 feet above the trees and use good old fashioned eye sight to spot the Free Trader vessel and identify a few safe areas to land.

Silver checks with the crew before entering the planets atmosphere to see what else they have thought of.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2016 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

"I think eye outside would work nicely. We have a good idea of the general location but how long will it take to find this downed trader and will we have enough time before other authorities come to hassle or shoot us down?"

8th Sep, 2016 - 11:40am / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 115 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Not having been on the previous expedition to Ruie, Ajit suggests asking some of the locals to see if they can narrow it down anymore. But almost to a man, everyone makes a face at the suggestion, and Ajit realizes he has made a bad suggestion. Given that they seemed to be in this by themselves, Ajit thinks for a bit about how to best approach this problem. If they had some more data, they could probably plot a trajectory and narrow down the search, but with only the memory of a marine to go off of, nothing was precise enough. Working off of Marq's suggestion, Ajit then tries to think about what the best search pattern might be to cover the area quickly.
Finding a roughly 40x20m rectangle in a 95 mi2 area was not going to be easy, but the best search pattern was probably to fly in concentric circles and look for signs of a crash and then the ship itself. Wherever the crash happened, there would be trees down and most likely lots of charring from the fire. The swamp shouldn't have grown back up too quickly around it, though the ship itself was likely not easily visible anymore. The ship would have to fly slow if two people were hanging off and visualizing the area. The best way to hang them would probably be in a V with each facing 180o from the other. They would have to be tied at the waist and over the shoulders, so they could be at a 45o angle to the rope, while the ship flew parallel to the surface. That would maximize visible area and thus minimize search time, as best as Ajit could tell.
The crew looked at him with raised eyebrows, and he shrugs saying that being in charge of sensors for so long, he has learned a thing or two about optimal search patterns. :D.

Attached Image Edited: Alchyrogue on 8th Sep, 2016 - 11:42am



8th Sep, 2016 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus looks at Ajit after his suggestion, "Bad idea. The locals aren't exactly friendly." He punches in a few keys at his computer terminal to bring up the maps of Ruie and finds the general location of where the Isis should be located.

"If it hasn't already been pulled out by any of the locals," He says to the assembled crew, "It's probably in a hard to reach spot. Perhaps we can narrow down the search a bit more." Maiokus starts to analyze the maps on the computer.

"Either way," he mutters, "I hope this little expedition goes better than the last one." He chuckles dryly.

After analyzing the map, Maiokus reports his findings (Or lack thereof) to Silver and the crew.

Out of Character: : Navigation check +1 skill +1 INT.

Maiokus Results:
  • Navigation check on D12 (+2): 4 (1 roll, as D2-12)


8th Sep, 2016 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

Rebel over...

"Who's territory is this swamp in? One of the two states we already tangled with or a third? New people would be nice. Maybe we can make friends." Njall grins to emphasise the joke.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2016 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 115

Silver eyes Njall suspiciously. "Seriously, you want to talk with the natives. Maybe we can establish a trade agreement. I still have the information on that biochemical substance we pulled from here last time. Maybe they want that back."

8th Sep, 2016 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 115

Rebel over...

"Talk to the natives? Hazard pay at double rates wouldn't be enough. Seriously though, whose territory is this prospect in? We ought to know who's shooting at us. And how far away our old acquaintances are, in case they want to say hello. If some poor sa- *cough* brave hero, is going to dangle under the 'Card we ought to know how long 'til the fighters arrive, so we can haul 'em in in time."




 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,