Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 32 of 84

I wasn't positive cause when I was - Page 32 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 4th Mar, 2016 - 9:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2016 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 32

Is Enerii's body in the medbay or did we put him in cold storage?

I would say prep for take off and we will scrap with the flak vest monkeys on our way into orbit.

Also it looks like the doc has some specimens to test against.

I think we determined Room Three.

Reconcile Edited: Malcolmshaw on 2nd Mar, 2016 - 7:17pm

Sponsored Links:
2nd Mar, 2016 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

I believe you had placed his body in low berth. We will go with room three then so this encounter is taking place in the corridor. Shuth, Silver, and Agent Mentsoyan would be positioned pretty much right outside the door of the med bay. There would be two guards positioned just below on your side of the iris valve that leads to the cargo bay and the remaining four are on the other side of the door, but the iris valve would be open at this point.

As far as an anti-hijacking program I don't believe that this would come standard on all ships so at this point it would be assumed that it is not installed on the Wildcard and the doors would have to be operated manually. But if someone is able to quote a reference to anti-hijacking software being standard either in Mongoose or Classic Traveller then I will allow it.

I have actually never played Classic Traveller; I started with Traveller: The New Era, if you can imagine *smile* Anti-hijacking software may have been referenced somewhere in TNE but it is a pretty hefty tome so I don't recall off the top of my head.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2016 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Would one use Carouse or Deception to go about Bribing the Agent?

I am guessing that Social would be the other modifier.

2nd Mar, 2016 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

Page 32 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

I think the Persuade skill is probably best for bribery situations, and that would add a SOC modifier to the roll. I would say corruption is fairly high on this world and so you would add a +2 to your roll but other modifiers may apply depending on what you attempt to bribe the agent with. Anything less than 500cr. Is probably going to have no effect or a negative effect because you are dealing with a high end agent over a significant 'crime' and it would have to be worth it to him to risk losing his position and/or getting arrested himself.

2nd Mar, 2016 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Yeah, anti-hijack was an optional (Essential) extra in CT that doesn't seem to to have carried over to MgT... A lot of program types didn't… Anti-hijack was pretty standard on commercial and military vessels, but it was a MCr. 0.1 program, and it was not necessarily installed on player ships - you had a budget (MCr equal to computer number) and spent it as you thought fit.... Anything else you wrote the program yourself (If you had the skill) or you saved up. The idea of lists of programs for different functions and bonuses went out with later editions - I don't think they were part of Mega… never played TNE.... To some extent I think the idea was that the many defined programs (Different levels of Jump control, target predictor, evade, etc) were just turned into a computer rating…

4th Mar, 2016 - 2:18am / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

This is Kanin, over...

I am waiting to see the result of the fast escape and I will post. Assume that I was in the engine room at the time the actions in the Crew Common are happening.

We have looted weapons from our run in the Facility before or we surrendered them all, along with their ammo, to the GTC?

Also, I think it is better to have a less GunHo reaction when we transport passengers. I don't know if the passengers have found out any of the delay and the boarding so far.

I am GMT+2.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Mar, 2016 - 8:26am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 32

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

Loriel, I may be wrong but I think you'll have to make an actual sensors check to be able to pick up anything on the sensors. If you succeed then you'll be able to find something (If it's there).

Post Date: 4th Mar, 2016 - 9:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 32

I wasn't positive cause when I was reading the skill section for sensors in the rulebook and it said something on not needing to role for use. But I'll go ahead and post a role for it just in case.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,