Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 35 of 84

Yeah that works. So with the 5 we can decide - Page 35 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 9th Mar, 2016 - 4:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
8th Mar, 2016 - 12:52am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 35

Rebel over...

Good idea Morfeas. We should have pistols, shotguns, etc. Stowed securely in Engineering and on the Bridge. In the current situation the bridge crew are unarmed. Shouldn't happen again. Weapons behind "Innocent" panels next to doors, under control consoles/seats.... In the common area and by the cargo bay internal iris valves too perhaps… good thinking that Vargr.

international QUOTE
It would be assumed that those in low berth have started rumors or are spreading rumors about the corpse of Enerii.

? People in Low Berths are on ice - they can't spread rumours until they're out of Low. Perhaps they'd text out before going in the tube "O.M.G. !, dead dude! Second thoughts? YOLO"

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 8th Mar, 2016 - 1:04am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2016 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Still trying to figure out what berths are what and who goes where in each and does what.

Thanks for the reminder.

8th Mar, 2016 - 11:08am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Rebel over...

The staterooms are all full of crew and passengers. We have, theoretically, 4 weeks life support consumables for full occupancy (80 person-days) at maximum. That's food, water, clean air and waste handling. That would take us to Alell/Uakye - just, assuming we fully resupplied at Ruie. I'd prefer to resupply at Whanga if we can (Might have to forage…).

Really the options for the GTC guys are
1) Stay in-system with the Zenith or an incoming merchant - we really should scan for other shipping - or persuade us to take them back somehow.
2) Go into a Low Berth and await thawing out on an alien world.
3) Capture the ship and force us to fly it back or die trying.

- - -

Maiokus - You plotted a jump to the Gas Giant at Forboldn, didn't you? Are we good to go or do you need to tweak that.

8th Mar, 2016 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 35 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

How does the life support account with the state rooms at double occupancy, I know it costs more but falls under monthly maintenance and it hasn't been a month yet. I don't think we paid maintenance out of earnings yet either, so there is that.

Yes I plotted there. So we can jump when you guys are ready.

8th Mar, 2016 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

*Edit* 280 person-days. Appalling bad maths.

I always assumed ships life support performed optimally at single, but was designed to provide air/waste capability for double. (As an aside: apparently on the ISS they decided crew didn't want waste liquid recycled as potable water, so they use it to generate clean air. Instead of drinking your waste water you breathe it…)

The book says Cr 2000 PCM, Cr 3000 if double. Presumably the extra refers to food/drink/toiletries. Suggesting a cost of Cr 250 per person per week for consumables.

international QUOTE
Life Support and Supplies: Each stateroom on a ship costs Cr. 2,000 per month, occupied or not. This cost covers supplies for the life support system as well as food and water, although meals at this level will be rather spartan. Each low passage berth costs Cr.100 per month.

That "Occupied or not" is a puzzle.... Presumably it's a game mechanic, but I can't help trying to find reasons for it.... Perhaps you have regulation food products that must be replaced?

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 8th Mar, 2016 - 10:17pm

9th Mar, 2016 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

The Referee relays...

I think the way I will handle it, in order to cut down on the record keeping in this case, because I don't want to have to figure out the daily occupancy cost of each room, will be to have the crew declare which rooms are going to be designated as double occupancy rooms for a given month. When the maintenance cost is paid at the end of the month the crew will need to declare what rooms are going to be double occupancy for the upcoming month. Once declared it cannot be changed until the end of the month after the maintenance costs have been paid. Rooms designated for double occupancy can only accommodate Middle Passage and cannot hold High Passage.

The monthly lie support determined at the beginning of the game was set at 22,000 and I believe this was with each state room being 2,000cr and low berth being 100cr and that will still apply for the upcoming payment due. For the next month, however you are going to have at least four rooms that are double occupancy (For the crew) which will run 3,000cr, the sickbay will cots 1,000cr per month (This will be for life support, supplies, standard medicines, etc) to operate. Leaving you with four rooms to determine whether they will be single or double occupancy.

Does this sound reasonable to everyone?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2016 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 35

That sounds very reasonable to me. I know the doctor will not mind it at all.

9th Mar, 2016 - 4:16am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 35

This is The Cynic, over...

Yeah that works. So with the 5 we can decide whether or not we want to target mid or high passage fare.

So what should we do with these GTC dudes? I'm still in favor of either leaving them with another ship or putting them on ice. Or just spacing them and be done with it.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,