Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 5 of 84

Maiokus: Imperium TL is 15, but out here in - Page 5 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 10th Dec, 2015 - 10:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
6th Dec, 2015 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 5

This is Kanin, over...

My TL8 goggles are 1250Cr. Right now I have 28.350Cr. Left from acquiring my equipment (Before game started, as my background). How much of this has to go to the montly lease? My pension is 90K (Per month I suppose?).

In my stats I have:
Gun Combat (Energy pistols) 0
Gun Combat (Energy rifles) 1
Gun Combat (Shotguns) 0

So, can I add something to other weapon (Eg. Energy pistols 1, Energy rifles 1, Shotguns X) or just remove the "0" weapons?

Reconcile Edited: Morfeas on 6th Dec, 2015 - 8:14pm

Sponsored Links:
6th Dec, 2015 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

international QUOTE
My pension is 90K (Per month I suppose?).

You don't gain retirement pay until/less you have completed five terms of service. You would receive 10,000cr a month at five terms. I'm assuming you got the 90,000cr as part of your mustering out benefits which you would only receive once at the end of character generation.

7th Dec, 2015 - 2:14am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

Krakrefer, did you roll those gun combats when you were rolling for skills during your terms? If so, they can be changed like you said as those are cumulative. Anything listed as the skill Gun Combat(For example) with no number next to it in the book is cumulative.

7th Dec, 2015 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

international QUOTE
Well, if we take the mail, that will be 5 tons. I don't feel comfortable taking on radioactive goods just yet, so how about we take the lot of raw data, the lot of plants, and then top off with the Polymer lot

Some of these are unclear to me which lots you are taking on. You mentioned the lot of plants but there is more than one lot; one is 25 tons of living plants, the other is 30 tons of wood. Please specify which lots, and the size of the lots that you want to take on. For example "25 tons of food plants (Living), 30 tons of plants (Wood), 2 tons polymers" etc.

international QUOTE
Krakrefr goes to his cabin to drop his breather and the goggles. The door automatically locks when he leaves.

I'm glad you brought this up; just to let everyone know I will assume that your quarters do automatically lock and that you secure your gear when not equipped or on your person unless you specifically say otherwise.

And a note on law levels and gear: If/when you leave a star port or leave the ship on a non-imperial space port it is assumed that you have left any illegal weapons or contraband that you would reasonably know are illegal behind. If the law level prohibits a particular weapon, but you want to attempt to smuggle in you will need to state this explicitly. You may inadvertently take something illegal off the ship but it is assumed that you would not do this knowingly unless you tell me that this is the case

For example if the law level prohibits weapons of any kind on a world and you leave the ship/star port it would be assumed that you have no weapons on you; if you run into trouble later you will not be able to say that you smuggled a body pistol off the ship. You would need to state that you attempted to smuggle the weapon off the ship before you leave.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 7th Dec, 2015 - 6:03pm

8th Dec, 2015 - 12:11am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

50 tons raw data (Data), 30 tons plants (Wood) and 2 tons Polymers are what I was referring to.

9th Dec, 2015 - 2:18am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

Hey referee, what's your policy for training new skills during jump travel? It's one week per jump, so realistically we could do some training during that period?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Dec, 2015 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 5

The Referee relays...

The book reference what skill levels represent and for the most part training by itself would not get you any more than a skill at level 0. Level 1 in a skill generally represents someone who is competent but not experienced:

international QUOTE (Core Rulebook page 51)
Each rank represents several years of experience using that skill. A character with Level 2-3 in a skill is a skilled professional in that field.

The rules do provide for gaining skill ranks, but it is a long drawn out process:

international QUOTE
The more skills a character possesses the longer it takes him to learn a new skill. A character's Skill Total is calculated by summing the levels of each skill (Level 0 skills count as zero). A character with Mechanic 1 and Gun Combat (Slug pistols) 2 would have a Skill Total of 3.

To increase a skill, a character must train for a number of weeks equal to his current Skill Total plus the desired level of the skill. So, to advance from Pilot 2 to Pilot 3 with a current Skill Total of 3 would take (Three, plus three) six weeks. A character may only train one skill in a given week.

Jack of all Trades skill cannot be learned in play

Maiokus currently has a Skill Total of 11. I would also have to say that it depends on the skill being learned though and what training is available. I would imagine that it would very difficult for a character to learn Medic, at least beyond Level-0, unless there was someone available to train/teach them. If book learning is all that they have available then I wouldn't imagine they could get much further than Level-0 in the skill.

Weapons would only be able to be trained beyond Level-0 if there was a range or drill hall available (For example the cargo hold was empty and converted into a firing range). I just don't think one can adequately learn a skill like marksmanship by reading a book, the same applies to using a sword or other weapon. Unfortunately the rules do not provide for a method of increasing skills based on experience gained during an adventure. Mongoose Traveller doesn't use experience points or levels that I'm aware of.

10th Dec, 2015 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 5

Rebel over...

Maiokus: Imperium TL is 15, but out here in The Marches there are only a few TL15 worlds. Any Imperial service probably allows TL15 kit for Bene's. I'd guess if you can explain how you got it, it's OK. A look at the Wiki for each Subsector shows the highest TL in each.

Krakrefr: "Recon : A character trained in Recon is able to scout out dangers and spot threats, unusual objects or out of place people"

So more of an intuitive, in-the-field type skill than map reading - that's more Tactics and Navigation.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (84) »

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,