Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 6 of 84

I think Njall is the best Pilot aboard: Spaceship - Page 6 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 14th Dec, 2015 - 9:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
12th Dec, 2015 - 11:11am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 6

Rebel over...

*previous post responded to ancient question. Sorry, hyperlink sent me back in time...

With regard to the state of the ship Njall will spend Jumpspace studying for Engineer ( Life Support ) 1

Sponsored Links:
12th Dec, 2015 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

In the main thread I made an out of sequence post. Could Admin remove it?

13th Dec, 2015 - 7:40am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

Drunk posting is the best kind of posting, eh Njall? biggrin.gif

Are you posting by mobile device? I find I sometimes miss it as well when the thread has moved to the next page.

13th Dec, 2015 - 11:37am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 6 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Oh, I was sober enough - it was morning, and I was on my way to work ( so not fully awake perhaps ) - and on a laptop.

As you say, I refreshed the page, but missed the "Next page" button.

Which lesson, hopefully, I shall learn.

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 13th Dec, 2015 - 11:39am

14th Dec, 2015 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

Could I get you guys to let me know who is primarily filling the following roles/verify that the following is acceptable:

Captain--(Vacant)

Pilot--Enerri

Comms--Enerri

Sensors--Enerri

Navigator/Astrogator--Maiokus

Engineer--Njall

Steward--(Currently Vacant/no Steward skill)

Medic--Shuth

Gunner--(Vacant/No turrets, but assign in the event ship does gain armament) Gaden

The above is based on skills that I've identified from your character sheets; Enerri shows a pilot-0 skill while Maiokus and Gaden both have pilot (Spacecraft)-1 which may make them more suitable for the pilot role while Enerri focuses on comms and sensors but that's up to you.

Fusil
You still need to add the GM assigned skill of Comms-1 and Sensors-1 to your character sheet

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2015 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

If everyone else is okay with it, I will fill the Captain's role.

Speaking of rolls, If we are rolling for a specific action, should it be the d2-12 (2-12) option or the d6 x2 (Ex. 4, 2) option?

Does the wiki, also contain the skills with associated attributes, so I know whether I am needing to include bonuses?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Dec, 2015 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 6

The Referee relays...

international QUOTE
Speaking of rolls, If we are rolling for a specific action, should it be the d2-12 (2-12) option or the d6 x2 (Ex. 4, 2) option?

You can do it either way. If you do a d2-12 then you may add the modifiers to the roll in the dice roller; if you use the d6x2 option you do not include any modifiers in the embedded dice roller; either way it is helpful if you indicate in your post what modifiers you are applying (Skill + ability)

international QUOTE
Does the wiki, also contain the skills with associated attributes, so I know whether I am needing to include bonuses?

I'm not sure if the wiki does because it is not version specific (It includes information from all the various versions of Traveller). Depending on what you are attempting to do with a skill, different abilities may apply as well. I will try to include what ability applies to the skill when I ask for a roll.

international QUOTE
any details regarding the lab and facility that we need to infiltrate? Or is that a computers test?

You do not have any details regarding the lab/facility. In this case I imagine what you are wanting to do is find a supplier for the chemical compound; if that is the case then you would roll a Broker skill (Education or Social Standing) which would take 1-6 days and would be an average task (No modifiers) hiring the liaison would be the equivalent of hiring a local guide to help you find a broker but remember brokers take a percentage of sale price of the goods depending on what amount of broker dice modifier you want (From +1 to +6 and ranging from 1% to 15% of the sale price). If you make an unskilled broker check you suffer a -3DM to the roll.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 14th Dec, 2015 - 7:29pm

14th Dec, 2015 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 6

Rebel over...

I think Njall is the best Pilot aboard: Spaceship 3 and Small Craft 2. He is the only Jump-Engineer, and a safety-minded spacer, which is why he's been down among the machinery, and will be in Engineering to make every Jump, but his highest rating is in Pilot.

Njall has Broker 0, which would avoid the unskilled penalty, if we decide not to hire a qualified local. But essentially then we'd be gambling time against money - the Broker will be quick but cost a percentage, we'll take longer.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,