Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 57 of 84

Silver, I believe it's your turn to - Page 57 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 28th May, 2016 - 12:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

+  « First of 84 pgs.  53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61  ...Latest (84) »
Posts: 669 - Views: 20155
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
Post Date: 25th May, 2016 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 57

Aericsteele you get my vote for best narration of a "Meatbag".

Poor schmuck. Getting sucked into space while your insides get squished into jelly and your bones are splintered and shattered. Not a way I would choose to die.

Alchyrogue thanks for the technical details.

Good luck to the rest of you on your upcoming actions.

Sponsored Links:
26th May, 2016 - 12:12am / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

This is Kanin, over...

I wait my turn then, I am after Silver if I am not mistaken. Ajit thank you for your technological input, but I guess the glass, especially on the bridge, would be durable as hell. I will try to crack it open, maybe with Strength? My character is dexterous not strong (Borderline to not have minus rolls). I don't know if the LasCAR will be good to make a larger hole and I do not think my shotgun can work in the void. (I guess with the proper ammo it should).



26th May, 2016 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

The Referee relays...

I don't think a roll is necessary at this point. The window would be weakened sufficiently that Krakrefr should have no trouble using his weapon to break it down further. I think you are correct though that shotguns might have some issues operating in a vaccum unless they are higher tech/designed for it. Anyone have the answer to this? Im not sure its in the rulebook but I will take a look.



26th May, 2016 - 9:13am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 57 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

The gun will fire alright, but the recoil will propel you away from the target…

Attached Image QUOTE
Fires can't burn in the oxygen-free vacuum of space, but guns can shoot. Modern ammunition contains its own oxidizer, a chemical that will trigger the explosion of gunpowder, and thus the firing of a bullet, wherever you are in the universe. No atmospheric oxygen required.


Attached Image QUOTE
Newton's third law dictates that the force exerted on the bullet will impart an equal and opposite force on the gun, and, because you're holding the gun, you. With very few intergalactic atoms against which to brace yourself, you'll start moving backward. If the bullet leaves the gun barrel at 1,000 meters per second, you — because you're much more massive than it is — will head the other way at only a few centimeters per second.


Skill in Zero-G ops helps with that.



26th May, 2016 - 11:31am / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Bindoner quoted the relevant bits, but I believe Krakrefr has magnetic boots holding him to the ship that should prevent him from floating too far off. I imagine the blast might push him a few centimeters off the ship, but the magnets should still be strong enough to pull him back down to it with no issue (Again Zero-G skills would help).

Attached Image Edited: Alchyrogue on 26th May, 2016 - 11:31am



26th May, 2016 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

This is Kanin, over...

I never had the intention to use my shotgun in vacuum. I will use my action to fire my LasCAR and break in.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th May, 2016 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 57

Morfeas, you could brace your back against the window and fire the shotgun. The force from the blast would be sufficient to take out the entire cockpit/bridge window.

28th May, 2016 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 57

This is The Cynic, over...

Silver, I believe it's your turn to take an action if I am not mistaken. And it looks like you may be in some danger!




 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,