Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 8 of 84

Part of me likes the piratical raid on the - Page 8 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 18th Dec, 2015 - 12:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2015 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 8

Thanks Aericsteele for the clarification.

I apologize again for not having read through the entire wiki and not having the manuals available to reference.

I am thankful, however, that there are those who know what's what for this game and are willing to tactfully approach answering my questions.

Sponsored Links:
17th Dec, 2015 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

international QUOTE
I apologize again for not having read through the entire wiki and not having the manuals available to reference.

No problems there, I think its close to impossible to read through the entire wiki, and there is great deal of wiki information that is "Non-canon" anyway. Please don't hesitate to ask questions if you are unclear on something regarding the rules, the setting, etc. That is what this thread is for after all biggrin.gif

18th Dec, 2015 - 1:47am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Rebel over...

An Out of Character: question for the group:

Do we need to sit dirtside while things are sorted? Perhaps it's safer to be in orbit and land only once we have our cargo? Pay the man his commission on the guards we don't need, but save wages and avoid the paranoia. It's not as though this is an R&R port.

Silvertongue: Always happy to look through the books and find answers. I read rules for relaxation, more systems than I'll ever play. Ask away. Happy to help if I can ( of course I can only do rules, not setting ).

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2015 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 8 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Wildcard would be safer in orbit for sure. A handful of us on the ground.securing cargo and passengers.

Traveller is one system I don't have.

18th Dec, 2015 - 5:35am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

I think we should just pull a convoy heist. No matter what we do there seems like there is going to be conflict. We might as well die big.

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2015 - 7:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Protect the ship.

I am all for getting the material.

I am having a hard time separating my rational, logical, and scientific mind from the imaginary world of Aericsteele. Over analyzing is probably hurting something somewhere. Maybe that is me trying to compensate for my lack of knowledge of the actual Traveller game system.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Dec, 2015 - 8:38am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 8

This is The Cynic, over...

Well either way it certainly appears to be a damned if we do, damned if we don't scenario. Which is good because it's more fun smile.gif

Combat is dangerous in traveller, so realistically we should avoid it. But I'm not sure if we will be able to in any case.

18th Dec, 2015 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 8

Rebel over...

Part of me likes the piratical raid on the convoy.... But combat is more than dangerous in Traveller, it is "Nasty, brutish and short".... The Starport is on an island, so we'd have to take the ship to the convoy...even 70's world has enough Air Defence to make that a risky flight - I'd have to run NOE, and hope they don't have fighters ( someone will have fighters ). Then there's reaching orbit..

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,