Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 75 of 84

I would like to add my money, I have the same - Page 75 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 21st Oct, 2016 - 7:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
27th Sep, 2016 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 75

Rebel over...

Sounds good. Once you're ready I'll fly the Wildcard to you. Try not to track mud into my cargo hold.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2016 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

*puts on his suit, shirt, tie, and 4K credit pair of loafers and set out for the nearest patch of civilization.*

"Mud, (Laugh)." Just worry that I don't bring a whole village with me.

5th Oct, 2016 - 11:11am / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Rebel over...

MalcolmShaw, I am not sure if you missed this. But AericSteele already has Silver meeting the locals: Source 9t.

Post Date: 5th Oct, 2016 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 75 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

I missed that post. Not sure how but I did.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention though.

18th Oct, 2016 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

I apologize for the delay in posting; I will hopefully have something up either today or tomorrow. As it stands right now I have the party and the enemy squad in very similar circumstances where recon rolls are required to spot each other and then with both sides having cover this will modify the hit chances so we may be in for a fairly lengthy combat encounter. Any suggestions on how to speed it up a bit? Maybe having everyone roll several recon checks to pinpoint when in the encounter they are able to spot the enemy?

Right now the party has spotted two of the opposing soldiers but you don't know whether any of you guys have been spotted yet.

18th Oct, 2016 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Rebel over...

Hmm, I think rolling multiple recon checks with each attack isn't a bad idea. Maybe 4 at a time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Oct, 2016 - 5:00am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 75

This is The Cynic, over...

Ajit, a recon check would be considered a major action. So it would replace the attack. Not a bad idea to have one person doing recon every other round though.

21st Oct, 2016 - 7:24am / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 75

This is Kanin, over...

I would like to add my money, I have the same amount as Maiokus has on his profile (212,055Cr. Or 57,500Cr.)? To answer Njal's zodiac style boat… I looked at the Supplement 6: Military Vehicles. It has an extensive list of making custom vehicles and I write here everything and we can buy the boat in our next major port. Everything is calculated in M3

Buggy: 8 M3 (To count as small inflatable boat)
Gunskiff: 20 M3, open

Construction:
Light Alloys (TL6): hull multiplier *1.1, mass/M3 80, cost 250Cr./M3, armour 2
Advanced Composites (TL7): hull multiplier *1.25, mass/M3 90, cost 500Cr./M3, armour 4

Configuration:
Open (TL1): mass multiplier *0.9, hull cost *1, 1M3 per crew 0.5M3 per passenger
Streamlined (Tl1): mass multiplier *1, hull cost *1.3

Qualities:
Lightweight construction (TL1): mass multiplier *0.8, hull cost *1.5,hull and structure *0.7, vehicle cannot have extra armour
Sealing waterproof (TL1): mass multiplier *1, hull cost *1.2
Sealing extreme enviroment/advanced (TL7): mass *1.1, hull cost *3
So for a zodiac-like gunskiff the calculations should be:

Advanced composites: 500*20=10,000Cr. Open: 1*10,000=10,000Cr. Streamlined: 1.3*10,000=13,000Cr. Sealing TL7: 3*13,000=39,000Cr.

Total: 39,000Cr.

Total M3: 20*1.25=25 M3

Base hull: 20/4=5 advanced composites: 5*1.25=6.25 lightweight: 6.25*0.8=5 round up: 5

Base structure: 20/4=5 advanced composites: 5*1.25=6.25 lightweight: 6.25*0.8=5 round up: 5

Also, we have to add an engine and powerplant: waterdriven TL4 engine is 10% *M3=2.5 M3 cost: 5,000Cr*M3= 12,500Cr.

Hydrogen Fuel Cell-7 TL7 powerplant is 1,500Cr.

So for a total of a Spec-Ops Zodiac that takes 7 people (The whole crew basically) we will need 53,000Cr. Without any weapon mounts and other equipment. On the plus side, it is an one time buy. The fuel is 1M3 per 1000 liters and for the Hydrogen the efficiency is *1.5 .
Also, I saw that we bought a cutter, can we suppose that we taken it with us and not left in the Wildcard?

Reconcile Edited: Morfeas on 21st Oct, 2016 - 7:26am

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,