Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 9 of 84

Njall we can possibly get temp loan of scramblers - Page 9 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 18th Dec, 2015 - 10:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
18th Dec, 2015 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 9

This is The Cynic, over...

With your piloting skills, I think we could make it there undetected. Referee would that be a pilot skill check?

Then recon plus tactics to set up ambush. Fuel up first, hit and run.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2015 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

I can assist with the recon, but we will need a location to set down in.

Also we may still need the use of those guards to secure our Landing Zone (LZ), once we land the Wildcard.

A thought came to mind, that maybe we could get sanctioned by the Coalition to hit the compound and take off with the material.

18th Dec, 2015 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Rebel over...

"Official sanction" - I like that idea! Maybe we could get paid to steal our cargo too. Also local support will help with that "Getting into orbit while under missile attack" thing. I'd feel happier about that with some point-defence systems of our own, but any help is good.

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2015 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 9 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Also the Wildcard has no armaments and would be nothing more than a scare show. We need whatever help we can get.

If there is something the coalition needs and we can help them at the same time they help us, we may have a more permanent contact for future runs.

18th Dec, 2015 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

international QUOTE
I am having a hard time separating my rational, logical, and scientific mind from the imaginary world of Aericsteele. Over analyzing is probably hurting something somewhere.

One thing that may help is understanding that the truth is, as a GM, I do not have a fixed story in place really. I have a basic outline of what is going on in the world/setting but for the most part the story adapts to your actions (Sort of like cooperative story telling in a way). I see my role as just throwing up obstacles and challenges to make things interesting. Therefore its better if you don't try to figure out what I have up my sleeve, because it may be nothing as I'm kind of waiting on you to decide what you want to do and where you want to go before I start to throw obstacles in your way as opposed to setting the obstacles up and waiting for you to come across them or trying to maneuver you into them.

For example with the Zenith the only thing I had in place there was the ship and a motivation for them which amounted basically to "There are reports of Zhodani supplies and spies trying to get to Ruie; we need to stop that from happening." All of their actions and reactions were based on this motivation. The Zenith didn't even exist in my mind until you guys fell out of jump space and I decided to put an obstacle in your way and see how you responded to it.

I apologize if this comes across as erratic or confusing. I imagine for those that expect more direction from the GM it could be frustrating. In this scenario there is no "Right way" or correct answer as to how to go about getting the chemical compound. I try to make each "Scene" as it were accomplish something either giving you information, allowing you to give everyone else information about your character, or moving the story forward somehow.

international QUOTE
With your piloting skills, I think we could make it there undetected. Referee would that be a pilot skill check?

That's a good question. I think that it could be used to aid in a Tactics roll as basically representing the pilots ability to maneuver the craft under radar. The ship is not really designed for stealth but given that radar would be the primary technology being used by the locals it might be possible to avoid detection to some extent.

I think what we can do in this situation is if you plan on hitting a convoy someone can come up with a plan and then roll a Tactics skill (Military tactics) how well put together the plan is or if there are going to be any significannot complications once the plan is put into action.

I like the idea of trying to work with the Coalition to hit one of their enemies, sort of like a Letter of Marque. If that is the direction you want to go, we can do that. Rather than having to go through all the briefing and negotiations etc we can work out the details of the agreement here and then I will present the scene/situation in the Main Thread. That way we don't spend ten pages talking to the guys from the Coalition, we can cut to the action as it were if that sounds ok to everyone.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 18th Dec, 2015 - 9:52pm

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2015 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

For the Wildcard Crew

Options to complete Mission: Chemical Extraction

Option 1) Overland, using our own resources and security

Option 2) Use the Wildcard, our own resources and security

Option 3) Coordinate with the Coalition, Operate as additional asset for their operations, We recommend a strike on the compound in an effort to liberate something the Coalition needs as well as getting the security we need to get what we need.

The Wildcard can quickly move a battalion (300 men and equipment) of the Coalition's forces to a position that we could ambush or strike a compound of our choosing. We drop gear and men, infilitrate the compound, extract the necessary cargo, and return to a safe zone.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Dec, 2015 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 9

Rebel over...

I vote 3. We have more chance of success operating with local support. Wildcard being an unarmed ship I really worry about SAMs and interceptors - hopefully the Coalition can help with that. Also some Redshirts to soak up bullets if we have to shoot our way to the cargo smile.gif
I do not think 1 is viable, as I don't see how we get the cargo across 20 miles of water and into the Starport.

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2015 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 9

Njall we can possibly get temp loan of scramblers for rockets and the like. And for the record, I am all in for Option 3 myself.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,