Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 2 of 84

When gaining skills based on connections it - Page 2 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 26th Nov, 2015 - 6:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2015 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 2

Is there room for another player? I'm dying to play some Traveller again after too many years.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Nov, 2015 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

There is room for another; you can submit a character in the Character Creation Thread

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2015 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Awesome, I'm checking on the version of the rule book I have, I think it's the one you want. It was published in 2008 and credits Marc Miller for the Classic Traveller and Gareth Hanrahan for Mongoose Traveller, is that it? COre Rule book v.2. Also what kind of a crew do you have going and what kind of a character would they need at this point?

23rd Nov, 2015 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

The beginning will be fairly open, giving the players the opportunity to push the game in whatever direction you want it to go. An overall campaign may develop as we go or it may simply turn into a series of largely unrelated adventures.

This thread would probably be the most appropriate place for the players to discuss how they are going to handle the decision making process for the crew; choose a captain, decide how they want to split up any profits made, what posts on board the ship they plan to take or what role they will fulfill unless you would prefer to play this discussion out in character in the Main Thread, which is fine as well.

24th Nov, 2015 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

international QUOTE
I have a question regarding the Tech Level. I haven't played any campaigns in the Imperium setting, only home brew games. What is the acceptable Tech Level for weapons and armour gained through benefit rolls?

From my take on the rules it basically says that you can choose any weapon, I did not see a TL restriction when it came to weapons earned through benefits in the character creation process. However, I would have to look closer but off the top of my head some weapons and armor are restricted to military personnel only and I would assume that means active military, not retired. So I don't think that power armor and the like would be available to a character during the creation process.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 24th Nov, 2015 - 10:14pm

26th Nov, 2015 - 9:52am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Rebel over...

When making Connections are we choosing any skill that we can make a case for, only ones available in our career, or only increasing an existing skill?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Nov, 2015 - 10:03am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 2

This is The Cynic, over...

Any as long as it fits into the background narrative as far as I know.

26th Nov, 2015 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 2

The Referee relays...

When gaining skills based on connections it is more dependent on what you are able to make a case for; you should be able to articulate how you gained the skill based on the connection but you are not limited by your career or existing skills. I'm going to deviate a little from the book in saying that you can basically pick any skill (Rather than rolling for it) as long as you can explain how you gained it. Also, keep in mind that when making connections both characters get one extra skill from the connection (And it doesn't say that it has to be the same skill). You can add to a skill you already possess but you cannot use connections to bring the skill higher than 3

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 26th Nov, 2015 - 6:59pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (84) »

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,