Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 11 of 84

That seems reasonable to me! Will - Page 11 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 1st Jan, 2015 - 5:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
29th Dec, 2015 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 11

The Referee relays...

Its fine, Malcomshaw, no rear harm done. As I mentioned in my previous post, I do appreciate players working in their back story and making suggestions about a scene, an NPC, or an event so please do continue to add your input, just make sure to run it through the Support thread first if it is going to involve anything/anyone (PC or NPC) outside of your character or has the potential of having a significannot impact on a scene.

I also don't want anyone to get the impression that they have to run everything they plan to do with their character past me in the support thread either. The player is exclusively responsible for dictating the actions/reactions, thoughts, etc, of their characters. There are some exceptions of course that may result in the referee taking temporary control of the character, the exception that immediately comes to mind being when/if psionics or some other mind altering event occurs, or if the game is stalled due to lack of posting by the player.

That being said, I like the idea of adding Adeline to the mix. I think it will make things interesting so I'm going with it; that being the case she will survive and under Shuths expert care she will recover quickly enough; had he botched the roll (Which given his skill level plus education mod would be the only way he would have failed the roll) she would have lost an arm but still would have lived smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
31st Dec, 2015 - 5:43am / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

I think we are at a point in the game now where we can discuss where you guys would like to take this next. Do the players have a preference regarding more covert operations, participation in larger scale combat, smash and grab, or something else? Your preferences will pretty much guide how the briefing goes and what sort of agreements are made for you guys to attempt to gain possession of the chemical compound.

31st Dec, 2015 - 5:48am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

Gaden and I have been discussing a smash and grab on a convoy (We know each other in RL). Though I think adding in transporting coalition troops or something like that in addition to that would make a fun turn of events. Also we could possibly negotiate air support to help with the dangers of being detected by opposition.

Rather off topic, but...
Also happy New Years everyone!

31st Dec, 2015 - 10:59am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 11 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

While I'd prefer it I think subtlety is not an option for a Free Trader - stealthy it isn't. Smash-and-Grab it is then. I'll go with Large scale military operation if the majority want it, but it seems risky. We absolutely need air support and a missile screen/ECM cover to pull it off. Local troops would be good, and pretty much guarantee that air cover.

Aericsteele: I just found a free PDF with a consolidated equipment list for all Traveller kit. It seems to have every item with TL, Kg, Cr, note, source reference. No details. Obviously I can't tell you how to find it, but perhaps you could get admin to ask me if you'd like to know.

Rather off topic, but...
Happy New Year all ( assuming it is New Years Eve in your calendar ).

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2015 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

I agree with Bindoner. Stealth would be the preferred option, however the Wildcard is not currently outfitted for such things.

Smash and Grab, with the Wildacrd as troop transport and cargo hauler, would be the most logical. I am all ears for suggestions.

1st Jan, 2015 - 4:35am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

I think we could fit almost a full infantry battalion in our cargo hold.

Maybe we could get a discount on fuel? That way we could load up and then beat feet. Or perhaps they will be willing to give us some credits for the transport job?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2015 - 5:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 11

If we transport personnel and equipment, so the GTC can hold and reinforce the facility, we should be able to acquire ECMs, a full load of cargo, and a refuel in trade.

1st Jan, 2015 - 5:41am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 11

That seems reasonable to me!

Will we have crew members actively taking the facility or will we be directing the action? I know Krakrefr and Gaden have tactics and leadership skills.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,