Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 13 of 84

Hauling tanks and troops equipped with plasma - Page 13 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 14th Jan, 2016 - 1:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
8th Jan, 2016 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 13

The Referee relays...

I should have been a little more clear on why I did jump ahead so far while also setting up a scene on day 012-1115. While I do want to push forward and get into a little action I also wanted to develop the NPC a little bit and explain why she would still be on board even as the Wildcard goes into combat.

The scene with Shuth in sick bay with Adeline on 012 is designed to introduce her into the story a little bit and hopefully between 012 and 018 when the action starts Silver will be able to have some form of scene with Adeline to develop that a little further. So I was hoping to do sort of a back and forth deal using the week of 012 to 018 almost like a flashback so that Adeline can be more fully introduced into the game.

At the same time I didn't want to trudge through a week of interactions, planning, preparation, etc. Before jumping into the action. So I set up a "Cut scene" of sorts with the Wildcard descending from orbit while using a series of "Flashbacks" to deal with Adeline further. Apologies if this was very jolting to the players.

international QUOTE
the woman sleeping in the suspended animation tank

You don't have a suspended animation tank on board. She is using an empty stateroom with a bed unless the Doc wanted to put her in low berth.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2016 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Thanks. I was uncertain where Adeline was on the ship and figured she was still in sickbay.

All right I could do some flashbacks if using the date stamps is fine.

12th Jan, 2016 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

The Referee relays...

Krakrefr
I know you guys purchased the repair robots; they tend to come with Mechanic/2 standard but can be replaced with Engineer/2 although if they are equipped with the engineer skill set it will need to be specialized (Jump Drive, Maneuver Drive, Electronics, Life Support, or Power) ; You will have to decide which of these systems the repair bots are designed to repair and they would be limited to that system unless you purchased more repair bots for the other systems as well.

I think in this case the mechanic skill would work though to repair but I will say that Krakrefr's attempt to repair on the fly. I don't think remote operations is necessary with repair bots unless you are directly controlling them. Rather than a remote operations check I will make a mechanics skill check for the repair bots as an assist to your mehanics roll Krakrefr. A sensors skill roll deals more with operation than repair I believe, the negative dice modifier due to the ships age and the fact that it is a civilian craft (Total of -3DM) is applied against sensors skill checks. There is a penalty applied against repair attempts due to the age of the ship though which is -1DM. So, you have +1DM for your Mechanic roll and +1DM for your intelligence modifier and a -1DM for the age of the ship giving you a total of +1DM; plus I manually rolled for the repair bots and got a total of 9 which gives you another +1; your total result is 9 (Basic success). When I update the narrative I will account for this success.

Jack of All Trades skill does not add modifiers to a skill roll, it merely reduces the penalty modifiers when using a skill that the character is not skilled in.

Silvertongue

The Wildcard is currently in the planets atmosphere trying to dodge missile salvos and AA fire, if you are moving about the ship you are going to get bounced around pretty good. Most of your interactions are probably going to have to be over comms until you land.

Everyone
I will give a little bit more time for Enerri and Gaden to post something if they want to before I move forward unless they indicate to me on this thread that they have nothing to post regarding their characters during this scene in which case I will move forward as soon as they indicate this to me.

12th Jan, 2016 - 10:53am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 13 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

The Repair Robot was purchased configured for Engineer 2, with a separate Mechanic 1 wafer.
Now I realise that it has to be a specific Engineer category (Which I didn't specify at the time), I think I'd rather have bought it as Mechanic 2 with an Engineer (Life Support) 1 wafer - too late to change? (And now I wish I had sprung for a couple more Engineer wafers. First TL10+ place we visit....).

12th Jan, 2016 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

No, its not a problem to change it at this point so I will consider the repair bots to be Mechanic/2 with an Engineer [life support]/1 wafer. You cannot have multiple wafers active all at once though, so when you do get more you will need to identify which one you would have installed by default.

12th Jan, 2016 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Rebel over...

Absolutely. I think the best use of the system is as roving mechanic by default, which we reconfigure for specific tasks as the need arises.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jan, 2016 - 1:13am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 13

This is The Cynic, over...

Enerii you still about? I think Silvertongue was asking for a sensors check.

Should Gaden consult with the Colonel? I seem to remember something about hauling some tanks. Muhahah.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2016 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 13

Hauling tanks and troops equipped with plasma rifles and Rocket Propelled Grenade Launchers.

Lets pop smoke and create some havoc.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,