Infonode Introduction

Infonode Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 6:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Infonode Introduction
A Friend

Infonode Introduction

Hello, I'm interested in joining your Role-playing Game community. I'm not exactly "Seasoned" but I've played a few text-based Role-playing Games in the past and I loved it. I enjoy playing post-apocalyptic "Fallout" type games, and other types of games that have a heavy emphasis on survival and team work. The most enjoyable Role-playing Game for me was a story-driven game where everyone sent their actions to the moderator, and the mod would integrate that into the story which would be sent to everyone who was effected or in the game area; So I suppose I enjoy a relatively structured game (I hope I explained that well enough).
Anyways, about me. I'm currently finishing up high-school and after that I'll be going to college to become an RMT (Registered Massage Therapist), which in my country is a medical profession so I'll be able to work on people who will really benefit from it, which is why I'm going into it in the first place. I enjoy snowboarding, nature, reading, gaming, and writing.. And I'm interested in theoretical physics, psychology, geopolitics, philosophy, and technology.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Middle Ages Facts

Introduction Infonode

Welcome Ta Ye Ole' Forum!

So, Ye be seeking Adventure eh? Ye be one after meh own heart. Meh mates have cut down several dragons in times past and we be always in serious need of an extra hand fer deeper darker dungeons of brilliant gold. Friend, get ready, cause we be havin' many an exciting Play By Post Role-playing Game here: How To Find The Role-playing Game That Fits Me?

[+] Sci-Fi Play By Post Role-playing Game
[+] Be A Super Hero Role-playing Game / Comic Reviews
[+] Matrix Trilogy - Plugged Role-playing Game
[+] Gwynedd Medieval Village Play By Post Role-playing Game
[+] Mystery & Horror Role-playing Game
[+] D&D / Pathfinder Member Wars Role-playing Game

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Infonode Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Infonode! Thank you for such a great introduction. Horde gave you the recommended boards to get started but if you are looking for a particular Role-playing Game maybe I can help. Any questions at all you might have please ask here and someone will assist.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Infonode Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Infonode

So I've found a game I'd like to join: Jungle Biowarfare. I've been reading the main thread, but do I need to read every single post before I join? I'm not even certain whether it's open for people to join. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I've found the answer.

Reconcile Edited: Infonode on 3rd Dec, 2015 - 4:57pm

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Infonode

Welcome to the Community Infonode.

I run the Future Earth - Jungle Biowarfare Role-playing Game but I have requirements: 30 Core Posts first and an Activity of at least 75%. The other thing is at the end of that particular Scenario I will be retiring so your Character will not be able to progress.

There is a current Science Fiction Role-playing Game that you can join in: Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation and there are no requirements like I have so you can start right away.

While you are still free to choose to join my Role-playing Game I wanted you to know that beforehand so you can make a choice.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Infonode Introduction
A Friend

Infonode Introduction

Thanks for that information JB, I appreciate it.

I see that Aericsteele's Traveller talks about an Role-playing Game book that you're supposed to have, are these kinds of books necessary to play these games? I am, for all intents and purposes, a complete beginner when it comes to these kinds of RPGs.

I apologize if these kinds of questions are a bit too basic, but I'm trying to wrap my head around how this all works.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Infonode Introduction

Infonode, no problem, asking questions is the intelligent thing to do. For Traveller you should know the system, at least the basics. Some Game Masters are willing to assist if it is your first time but it depends on how many Players they are engaged with at the moment. You can ask that specifically here: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support.

To help you better, with which Role-playing Game are you already familiar? Then we can go from there. Have you ever done any kind of collaborative writing?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2015 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Infonode Introduction
A Friend

Infonode Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Well this will actually be my first "Real Role-playing Game " experience (If I can get started, (Laugh)). I've never really gotten into all of the mechanics before, but I am familiar with collaborative writing. For example, I understand the basic concepts of dice rolls and character statistics, but pretty much everything beyond that is going over my head.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Infonode Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,