Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread - Page 2 of 4

There seems to be a misunderstanding about - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 6th Jan, 2016 - 5:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2016 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread
A Friend

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread - Page 2

Is there a feature that notify thread followers when an update has posted versus a new post to the same thread.

So as GM, if I updated a previous post would there be a notification sent?

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2016 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Thread Policies and Rules Masters Game

No. Would that be necessary if in the course of the game the GM simply put as part of his Scenario update an out of character or off topic message that said, "The rules have been updated please check them"?

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2016 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread Reviews RPG & Card Board

No, it wouldn't be necessary in that case. So my previous statement is void.

Just for clarification, this all on the Game Masters Review thread?

6th Jan, 2016 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Thread Policies and Rules Masters Game

I would not say its "Void" it just can't be implemented simply the way you are suggesting it. For instance, imagine a GM edited a page now, then forgot something and edited it 20 seconds after and then came back 5 minutes later to add something again. That would mean a Player will get 3 notifications in the space of 5 minutes. After awhile, those notifications will be ignored or blocked by the end User.

To make something like that work maybe there will have to be a button that can be pressed to notify all Players but then the same issue of pressing that button multiple times could be abused.

international QUOTE (Malcomshaw)
...this all on the Game Masters Review thread?

No, this would be part of the Main Role-playing Game Thread where the GM normally lists the Rules of his game.

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2016 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Policies and Rules Masters Game

How would you centralize a Game Masters posts in the event that players posts appeared between the Game Masters rules posts?

How would I reference an updated post in another post. I think I glossed over a section since I haven't been able to link sources.

6th Jan, 2016 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Not sure what you mean about Posts between GM's Rules. Did you read this? My idea is to apply unlimited edits to the first Post of the Rules Thread where the Rules of any Role-playing Game are normally kept.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2016 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread - Page 2

I just worry about the length of the initial post becoming TOO much to read. I do like being able to direct inquiries to a specific post, with the relevant information.

When I were to use this feature, I would probably have 5 posts that would include the majority of the information for the game I was running. Those posts would have titles or labels that I would reference in later posts and I would supply the links to those posts for player referencing.

6th Jan, 2016 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

There seems to be a misunderstanding about what I am proposing. I am saying that ONE Post, which is the initial or first Post of the Rules Thread a GM starts should contain all the rules necessary about game play. The idea here is that sometimes what the GM needs has to be edited or changed. At first it was proposed to have a specific page for this whereas I am suggesting that the initial Post can be used which can then be used to Post links to further Posts. A good example is how I use the first Post of the Text Role-playing Game Character Creator which constantly evolves and I edit the first Post to update that evolution.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,