Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 3 of 14

Silhouettes may work better, and I agree is - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 29th Jan, 2016 - 1:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (14) »
28th Jan, 2016 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 3

The names of the races, feats, and the like are fine. That's game mechanics and are already rehosted on the PFSRD by Silver Games. What you can't reuse is specific names for NPCs, deities, places, setting details and the like.

That's just basic OGL. You can clarify with the publisher, but there's no way they're going to say, 'You can use the mechanics for Earth Ponies, but you can't call them Earth Ponies, especially given they stole that name from MLP in the first place.

Sponsored Links:
29th Jan, 2016 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

Just a reminder, and so it is not lost, everyone wanting to be in this Role-playing Game should look at this Post so I can get feedback on Avatars.

This Role-playing Game will likely fall under the Comic / Anime Play By Post Role-playing Games & Reviews as I do not think it should be part of the Dungeons & Dragons / Pathfinder Play By Post Role-playing Games although it is using the Pathfinder system - what say you?

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2016 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review
A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

I'm thinking somewhere between cartoonish and more serious is the best bet. I would post links to the ones I think are best, but I'm not allowed to post links.

29th Jan, 2016 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

Actually they don't use the name Earth Pony, that is just the default Ponykind. It is when you get into the subspecies of Unicorn, Pegasus, Gem Ponies, Dooplegangers, Leather Wings, Flutterponies, exc that you get into other Ponykind races.

Also, in the Ponyfinder Campaign setting cutiemarks as 'marks of destiny'.
-

Hmm... JB, I don't really think the images from that source would really work or be fitting. Still they can work in a pinch until something better comes along, though I feel using the images of real ponies would work the least. Yet I admit it may simply be that the link doesn't offer the best examples of the images it could provide. I feel between serious and cartoonish.

Rather off topic, but...
I may have a way I can help, though doing such will need to wait until February 12th at least. You see I will be getting over a thousand* sometime during the middle of the month, so maybe we can look for an artist that we can commission to do some simple pony images? I would be willing to pay. *From my tax returns

I would like to use this for my avatar, a unicorn by the name of Mythos Gray and one of my original characters: [..] (This image will be the cover of the upcoming book Forgotten Past, though it has been cropped and shrank.)
-

On where this review should go, I disagree and feel since it is using the Pathfinder system it should count as a Pathfinder campaign.

29th Jan, 2016 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

Starshield: That's why I mentioned using the ID numbers. I only posted that link so you can see the selection I have at my disposal, there are many pages there. For instance: [..] represents: [..] also maybe a better search is this: [..] which adds "Cartoon" to the search or simply unicorn: [..]

Thomaslee, I'm not talking about the review but your Role-playing Game when it starts. I can put it under Pathfinder but I will warn you:
1. There is so much other Dungeons & Dragons / Pathfinder there it will be lost in it
2. Comic / Anime Play By Post Role-playing Games & Reviews is where reviews for things like My Little Pony and such are kept and where people normally gravitate to find such stuff. It is up to you though, however once you start, the switch of Boards cannot be made.

As for images, no need to purchase anything. This is just simple options for everyone to start. Your image is not as important as the role-play and game mechanics, its just to enhance it.

29th Jan, 2016 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review

[That site] is a start, but some races may be difficult if not impossible to represent with the images there. For example the Purrsian, winged felines and the Steelheart, mechanical equines. More noticeably there is the Changelings, insectoid equine like shapeshifters... Admittingly the avatar chosen could be what they look like as a pony. Earth ponies, unicorns, pegasus, and griffins seem to have images that could work for them.

Hmm fair enough of what you said on where to put the Review and the Campaign. I guess we can do this on the Comic / Anime Play By Post Role-playing Games & Reviews.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Jan, 2016 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 3

For me, this: [..] and [..] are great for ponies, but maybe not close to the cartoon. Maybe what will solve this issue are silhouettes like this: [..] as an example. No one can really argue with those. For instance here is the one for the griffins: [..]

Silhouettes sound like the way to go as we keep away from any copyright or resemblance issues. Here is one with many: [..]

That image you linked to, it does not sound like something we can use legally especially if it is going to be the face of a book.

29th Jan, 2016 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

Silhouettes may work better, and I agree is probably the way to go.

I could always ask if my character could be used for my avatar, despite it being Ponyfinder art?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,