Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 2 of 14

QUOTE (Thomaslee)JB, I have emailed David - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 28th Jan, 2016 - 6:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »
28th Jan, 2016 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 2

Your suggestions are a part of racials already or feats. As long as I have a way of giving players access to my Ponyfinder resource that I put together we should be fine in that regard as it gives everything... At least, everything I'm allowing.

Its just that Pathfinder magic system can be a bit... Excessive in places and higher level spells more powerful then what you would ever find in My Little Pony. It's why I brought up Spheres of Powers, it is a more balanced system.

If there is no easy way to give players access to such, I am fine with going vanilla.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 28th Jan, 2016 - 4:37am

Sponsored Links:
28th Jan, 2016 - 8:28am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

This sounds like a game I'd like to follow along with, but not play in, just because I don't think I could get in character.

I personally do have a copy of Spheres of Power and it's easy to purchase. If an alternative is needed Pathfinder core has Wordcasting, but it's far from detailed.

28th Jan, 2016 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
If they are unfamiliar with the Pathfinder system I would be willing to go over the basics as best I can...

There is a Pathfinder Character generator, that I don't know if it will help but you will limit many who want to play by requiring Pathfinder plus an add-on. Its good that you will assist.

international QUOTE
I am willing to provide what is needed though under your direction on how to set that up. [..] They do not mind, or more David Silver the creator...

I can host an SRD, its not a problem if it is already in a format that I can place online as I've done with this: Dungeons & Dragons SRD 3.5 - Dungeons & Dragons Manual. I had even wanted to do it with the Pathfinder system but since they update it often I decided not to. Now, after saying that there are a couple of things that must be confirmed beyond you just saying its Ok to use it:

1. Text I can read where for the legal allowance of the information being placed online.
2. The actual location of the SRD / Info in question.

international QUOTE (Corinthi)
...explain a whole new magic system, especially as complicated as Pathfinder can be for players.

I agree with this. Keeping things simple is key to encouraging new Players unless you already have Players lined up that fit your requirements: must know Pathfinder and Ponyfinder extensions.

That brings me to my next question: You have two Players willing from what I see, is it that you do have Players waiting besides the two that fit your requirements or are you counting on recruiting from this site? If from this site alone then you will be limiting yourself because of the very small amount of persons that will have both the interest and background for it unless you were actively recruiting elsewhere.

28th Jan, 2016 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

international QUOTE
Declaration of Open Game Content
All texts pertaining to game mechanics and statistics are declared Open Game Content. All items subject to the definition of Product Identity are the property of Silver Games, LLC, and cannot be used without written permission.
Product Identity
The following items are hereby identified as Product Identity, as defined in the Open Game License version 1.0a, Section 1(E), and are not Open Content: all trademarks, registered trademarks, proper names (Characters, deities, etc.), dialogue, plots, storylines, locations, characters, artwork, and trade dress. Elements that have previously been designated as Open Game Content or are in the public domain are not included in this declaration.

This can be found on their sample page of Griffons of Everglow on DriveThruRPG here: Source 5f

Two things of note, is first that I contacted them on their site Ponyfinder Forums by PM last night and two I am mostly only using the game mechanics not any proper names or locations. Also, most of the dialogue, plots, and storylines that I could use would have to be changed to fit in the MLP:FiM show, if I were to use them at all.

Once I have a more 'official' permission by their reply, I will offer a screen shot and show it to you here.
-

To the rest of your post, I will put aside Spheres of Power until I have a way of offering to players for online play. For this campaign I will keep it to Pathfinder and Ponyfinder books.

No, I don't really have anyone from off the site who I would be having join, so all recruiting would be from here... Mostly because any I could ask wouldn't want to worry about all the rules this site has and the additional steps just to get to the point of being able to play. I could ask around, though I would be limited in how I ask because most sites I am a part of have rules against advertising other sites.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 28th Jan, 2016 - 12:39pm

28th Jan, 2016 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

That's a paid resource, it is doubtful the whole of it can be placed online. The mechanics should be allowable but I would need that permission in the form of an Email or seen online in their site rather than a PM.

What about image use for representation of the ponies, is there a fan kit available or will we need to make pseudo images representing the ponies?

Look over this: Game Masters: How To Recruit Players For Your Role-playing Game.

By the way, I got Latina to start a Topic about it: Ponyfinder - Griffons Of Everglow if you wish to review the material of the extension itself.

Rather off topic, but...
The rules of this site are very simple and common for other Communities: write properly, stay on Topic and don't spam - that's it in a nutshell. Due to the 'free for all' allowance of places like FB and other social networks people have grown to think that online you can 'do whatever you want.'

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2016 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review
A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review

You said that Alchemist was not allowed due to Spheres of Power, which you might not be using. Does that mean that Alchemist will be allowed?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jan, 2016 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 2

Yes the Alchemist is now allowed.

JB, I have emailed David and they have confirmed as long as the Open Game Content is followed they are fine with the mechanics and such things being reposting as long as they don't refer to specific people (Including gods), art, and places, exc.

Want me to direct them to contact you themselves or should I give you their email?

On art... I'm not sure what we can use. I do have some stock images for earth ponies, pegasus, and unicorns but they are more pony bases then anything else.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 28th Jan, 2016 - 6:33pm

28th Jan, 2016 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
JB, I have emailed David and they have confirmed...

If it was their offical Email please forward it to me so long as it has both your question and their reply. If not, please send me their Email. I have already sent you an Email so you can just Reply to it.

For art, I was hoping there was a fan kit, but if not we can improvise. Since I doubt I will have to create a massive amount of avatars I will just do a few or see what can be legally purchased.

UPDATE: Thanks for sending it, you do have approval for game mechanics but not for the names, so you will definitely have to make that part of your Role-playing Game Rules when you start by finding alternative names for whatever is in Ponyfinder.

Now with regards to images here is what I can do for Players. I can purchase one Pony and style it differently as Avatars (Different colors of the same image). If you think that is good have a look at this page: [..] and tell me which pony will be best: a cartoon-ish one, a more serious looking one (Muscular) or a real image of a pony.

Thomaslee, as GM, what kind of Avatar do you have in mind for yourself?

Each of those images has an ID number in the URL when you click on it, please let me know which is best suited.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,