All the points I made here have been accomplished.
1. Manitou potions are now available
2. You have the option to drink Manitou outside of Combat
3. Spells are available for learning
4. Llafair's Witchery will teach some combative Spells (Still need to create a special place for more dangerous Spells)
5. A Tutorial about how Magick is used has been added: Magick Tips
In addition to this:
A. Notifications for Characters not being moved forward will be sent out by Email every two days.
B. The Character Sheet now has more (?) tip buttons at every place where some additional understanding might be needed.
C. A better explanation on Sleep vs Quick Sleep: Sleep
D. Explanation on Assignments.
E. History, Assignments and Layout buttons have been added to every structure. In here you have the opportunity to earn 50 gold pieces for adding the story of that place or person.
F. In the Town a Clan / Kindred button has been added in preparation for what is to come.
What I Am Working On…
* I am adding more Assignments to each place until ever major NPC has an Assignment to give
Getting The Word Out There!
* I feel ROK II, although far from where I envision it to be coding wise, is ready to be open to the public in a big way, but first I need a very good trailer (Video) to introduce it. I will be looking for someone who can volunteer or do for really cheap: a suave female voice-over of an introduction to the game. I am hoping to do a fund raiser or similar to raise funds to continue expansion as it takes up tremendous time and resources to create. I hope I can count on everyone to vigorously spread the word about it from now and especially when it is splashed big.
My character died and I don't have enough FP so I'm going to start some topics and reply so some of you new faces in the top six don't get used to it. ;).
And here I was hoping for more company!
We have a saying in my country: "Complaining with a white bread under the arm" referring to people who complain even though things are going well for them and that is what I want to do here now…
I am not sure how others find the patrols these days, but I can honestly say that I do not believe them to escalate properly according to level. I know that the bears and all can be a problem, but after you are properly prepared, then they are not even a problem anymore. No, I do not have the best armor (Only scale) I only took the right skills. Perhaps my build is just better suited to combat and therefore I am complaining too much, but I was hoping patrols would become more challenging.
Again, I understand the time and effort it takes to code these sort of programs, but perhaps as a suggestion, a increased frequency of attacks at higher levels or perhaps a better stat line for the enemies (Eg they get more HP, better armor, more hitting power), but this of course is my view… others might freak out and beg you to please not do this…
Mm… an arena might be fun *Tongue-in-cheek*
Where I Am At
A. I have Assignments about half way done. They are varied with tasks that are simple and some that are very difficult, however building up these in ROK II is quite a work load especially because I am not getting much by way of submitted story lines. I get lots of ideas but not the actual text, so although I am able to construct the ideas I still have to take time to think up: who says what, what actually happens, etc. This is in addition to coding it to make it happen.
B. What I do get lots of is support for are Archives, History and Layout - please keep them coming, you get 50 gold pieces per submission and there are still areas that need it. I'm not so much concerned about Monsters in the Archive because I fill those as I use the Monsters in the game, I need more on History and Layout.
C. I get a couple of reports about Combat not working as it should with misses and Hit Points being taken away. I have not been able to identify this since the last fix but what I am going to do is add some code today to decipher what is happening. For instance before the battle you are given your current HP but before going to the next page I am going to attempt to see if I can show what your current stats are after the Round and before the next page. Therefore, if you see Combat offline you will know why. You can use that time to concentrate on Skills, get Jobs, etc.
D. Please let others know about ROK II, soon you will need to form a Clan as part of your move forward towards being a Ruler and guess what… your Clan comes from other Players! Therefore, the more working with you the better. Note, Clans are different from Armies which will also come later.
Mm… I think I either spoke too soon or the Developer of this game has upped the stakes… patrols seem a bit more intense now. Especially with the added factor which armor helps nothing against ;) you know of what I speak…
That is much more like it! Thanks!
1. I've addressed the issue where some people see their HP going down even though the enemy missed. Looking at the code the calculation was correct, the error was the wrong display message. In other words your Character was hit but displayed it as a miss! I corrected this so it will not happen again.
2. To back up #1 (Above) I've added the calculated HP after the battle so before you continue to the next round you can see for yourself if the calculation is correct.
3. Make sure to read Combat info more thoroughly since battles are even more complex now and becoming as statistical / calculated as the table top systems in that:
- A. The element of being exhausted (Tired) has been added. Your Body can only fight so many continuous rounds without getting tired, this is calculated by your Body divided by 2. Therefore, a Body of 18 means a Character can fight for 9 rounds without becoming tired. The Enemy has this factor added in as well since they can become tired too. Once tired your Character is easier to hit.
- B. Characters have the advantage of Magick so does the Enemy as well. Watch out for Monsters and the like which can cast spells on you in battle thus affecting your performance temporarily or permanently! Do not worry, you do get a chance to Save.
- C. Save for Characters is now done via a D20 based on your Soul. You fail the roll you are affected by the Spell of an Enemy.
3. Your Character Sheet now shows a new entry: "Temporary:" which refers to things that are affecting your Character that are not normal such as sickness, disease or magick.
Alright folks, this should plug the bugs that Players brought up about Combat and the complaints about things being too easy. Please keep the feedback coming if you find something off, even if I challenge it you help me to discover the error of my ways. ;)
Please keep in mind my previous Post about submissions, really need content for structures, more Players, etc.
Thank you so much for helping me build ROK II.
Back to finishing Assignments.
Since I was already working on the Combat system based on this, I decided to implement a few things now that will be necessary later.
1. Secondary combat. It is possible that in addition to melee combat the enemy can have someone far away attacking you as well, such as an archer. Do not worry, the whole affair is broken down hit by hit so you don't miss any HP.
2. After Resurrection you will be taken back to the City where your Character died rather than an attempt to aim for the Town.
3. On Patrols you get more Experience points at the end depending on your Level. This is in addition to whatever you earned while on Patrol.
Those additions are boss JB the more I play the more I feel like I'm in an automated table top game. I like how the combat tells you at the end how much HP you have left. Now with all that said, my character is dead. I need to scrape up some FP now to fix that. Looks to be true for some of the others as well. Maybe there should be a special place where dead characters could meet and greet to discuss how they died. *laugh*.
We rest Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion to share scoop from yesteryear:
Today is: 25th September (GMT), in history on the 25th of September, 1852 AD the following birth happened:
Cornelis J Snijders: Supreme Commander of Dutch Navy (1910-18)