Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 39 of 88

Uh, I think we need to confirm something before - Page 39 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Dec, 2016 - 2:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 88 pgs.  35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
17th Dec, 2016 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 39

The wise says...

Also have to make my portent rolls which I will do first then. Also for the lore check is it okay I make it here before I do my post as the roll will greatly affect my post?

Malek Szul Results:
  • Portent on D20 (+0): 3, 14 (2 rolls)
  • Lore check on D20 (+3): 19 (1 rolls)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Aeric, I added some information at the bottom of my character sheet notes just now to let you know of something I was thinking about with Zinna. Please review them when you have time.

20th Dec, 2016 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Maker says...

Just need to clarify some things and make sure everyone is on the same page before I make my next post. In game it is the 14th of Mirtul, Zinna's interactions are occurring closer to mid day while the rest of the party comes across the Kenku. The party continues past the Kenku and are going to continue tracking, they take the rest of the day to do this (A total of eight hours) and decide to press on, but I need to know for how long because they will need to make CON checks every hour and with each failure they gain one level of exhaustion.

As far as movement rate what I am going to make some corrections. Rather than dividing the movement speed by three I am considering the party to be moving at a slow pace (18 miles per day) to account for Carrick's tracking and then with the difficult terrain (Dense forest) this is cut in half so they travel 9 miles every eight hours which means that by the end of the first eight hours they have 16 miles remaining and are travelling at about 1 mile per hour give or take whereas before I was having them travel at about one mile every two hours.

Zinna, when she first arrived at the caverns was at an exhaustion level of 4 but after eating the berry provided by her friend she is now at an exhaustion level of 2--speed is halved and she has disadvantage on ability checks but at least her hit point maximum is not halved and she doesn't have disadvantage on attack rolls and saving throws (I bet the party is going to really want to get their hands on some of those berries huh?).

For Malek and Mradoric I am still working on the rules regarding herbs. It is difficult to accommodate a general "Looking for rare herbs" it is far easier for me as the Dungeon Master when I know what they are looking for specifically (Healing herbs to make healing poultices or potions, anti-toxins, etc) if I know more specifically I can assign an appropriate DC for finding these herbs. Also bear in mind Mradoric is going to have to put these herbs somewhere. I don't think he has a component pouch, but maybe between stuffing them in his pack or pockets? Malek, so far as I can tell, is not so much gathering the herbs as he is cataloging them and I don't know how specific you want to get with this (And without using an herbalism kit and having some time available he is not necessarily going to be able to determine their properties/effects). If Malek's intent is rather to catalog the herbs for something like a book or journal let me know and I will try to work out something for that.

Zinna, with a guardian on your character sheet I cannot see your notes.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 20th Dec, 2016 - 9:24pm

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 39 Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

CON checks every hour? Oh my… that puts things in a different light. We've already had a couple people fail the first one I believe. I think after that first hour Corren will call a halt. Thank you for the clarification!

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Ok, Aeric I will post it here.
I'm thinking about having her multiclass into a warlock. At this point if a patron offered her help with escaping she would accept it and worry about the consequences later. Feel free to have some being respond to her call for help *smile* If she doesn't get help now she will be somewhat traumatized and feeling vulnerable. She will be looking for something to make her stronger. I feel it will be fun to play and would be great for roleplaying. It would be interesting hiding that she is in a pact with a fiend or Great Old One from Corren, Sir Leo not to mention the rest of the group. Zinna will be a little… different after this whole experience.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 20th Dec, 2016 - 9:36pm

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Actually, I was going to ask something similar. Planning on Leo taking oath of the Ancients when he gets to level three. The fluff behind that oath strongly suggests contact with fey beings and/or elven ancients. Since such beings also can be Warlock patrons, I wonder if we can weave in contact with the same being.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Dec, 2016 - 9:41pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Dec, 2016 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 39

The Maker says...

I think I can find a way to accommodate Leo and Zinna's plans and it would be a good way to transition to level three and create some interesting opportunities for conflict with the dominant culture. Having a fey-like patron will also make for some interesting moral conflicts for the characters as humanity begins to assert more influence and presence in the Wilds. Will they continue to be the Defenders of Clear Creek, or become enemies of the people they once protected? A lot of opportunities associated with this I think.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2016 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 39

Uh, I think we need to confirm something before we go any further with the patron idea or these dream sequences.

Kyrroeth, you were wanting to go with Warlock, but didn't mention the archfey patron. Is that because you thought the other two more likely to be offered or because those two were the ones you wanted? I brought up this possibility because of the possible connection tying the pair of our characters into the story, but I don't know if you have any actual interest in that particular subclass option.

In the event you are indeed fine with this, what I was thinking of as a loose concept is a fey spirit/being of some kind that is dedicated to preserving life in its full balance, including the natural end of life. Since the Illiosani ancestors are actively screwing with that balance by preserving their own souls in the manner described, not to mention they apparently keep a form of necromantic slaves, said spirit is looking for worthy allies that meet some inscrutable criteria of its own.

It would present a major glimmer of hope for Zinna, and likely a considerably more palatable one than a Fiend's offer would be. For Leo's part, he'd be somewhat suspicious that its a trick of the destroyer, but if the spirit's pitch is aligned with the aforementioned oath, the cause is one he deeply believes in already.

I have to say though, it would have been somewhat amusing for Leo to drop down sometime and swear the Oath of the Ancients completely unprompted. Perhaps back in the Clear Creek Inn, "Leo kneels down on the tavern floor, takes a swig of wine, and starts chanting, 'I swear by the ale puddle staining the knee of my breeches to preserve the light in all its forms… '"

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Dec, 2016 - 3:06am

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.