Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 6 of 88

If no one was there or robbing the place yeah - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Aug, 2016 - 9:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 88 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
10th Aug, 2016 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 6

The Maker says...

The Opening Post of the Main Thread has been updated to include a brief Q&A regarding magic in the setting. You can find it just before the DAY 1 part of the post near the end of the post. Later I will probably be adding more information regarding religion, death, and the afterlife.

Sponsored Links:
12th Aug, 2016 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

international QUOTE
What is the current distance between the wagon and Carrick?
Also, even though Carrick does not speak goblinoid, could he still infer that the figures speaking are at least not human and therefore not family that dwells here, or would that be too much of a leap? Should I roll to learn that, with say an insight perception check?
If so, my rolls are below as well as an initiative roll if this is heading into battle.

You're probably looking at around a hundred yards between you and the wagon. I think that Carrick can infer, without the need for a roll, that they are certainly not speaking the common tongue and probably are not the residents of the farm. As you would draw closer it would probably become apparent, based on your experience, that the appearance of the little guys seems to be consistent with goblins while the larger one could be a large human or an orc.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2016 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I had a question before posting in the main thread. Our group is galloping back towards the Dinsmore farm. With our higher rate of speed will we arrive back in time to help in this encounter or will it be afterwards?

12th Aug, 2016 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Page 6 Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

I hope so! 1/2 dozen goblins or more and an Orc against three level 1s. We will be slaughtered if they choose to fight, (Laugh).

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2016 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

That is the frightening part about playing a level one character to me. You are never safe. One lucky shot is all it takes. Mradoric will not be asked to scout again *smile*

Hopefully we can help. Zinna wouldn't want anything to happen to Carrick or the others. sad.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Aug, 2016 - 7:41pm

12th Aug, 2016 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

The Maker says...

I posted that it took Zinna and the others about thirty minutes but this should probably be retconned to only eight minutes (I posted that they moved at a brisk pace so 12-15mph on horseback). It would probably take them another five minutes or so to drop off Geoffrey then at a gallop they would make it to Dinsmore about six minutes after that so a total of maybe 18 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile Carrick being a dwarf and slower it would have taken them about half an hour to get from the Morris Farm to the Dinsmore Farm (Being about a mile apart from each other).

With this in mind I would say that Zinna and that group would arrive in time assuming they did push their horses at a gallop (About 30mph for a horse). The question is, would Zinna and the others push their horses like if they didn't know what was going on at the Dinsmore farm or would they again travel at a brisk pace rather than a full gallop? As far as Zinna knows, Carrick and the others went to recon but there is not necessarily a reason to believe that they are engaged in combat or in any kind of imminent danger.

If they travelled at a brisk pace, again your looking at twelve minutes instead of six so more like 24 to 26 minutes. Either way I think they would make it back in time. Consider though that even with a party of four, at level one a half dozen goblins and an orc will probably be a challenge. Quick reminder to reference the policy on character death… Consequences *smile*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Aug, 2016 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 6

Believe me, ever since the recon group began posting about moving closer, and even "Walking" rather openly, I have been muttering to myself, "I said recon only. No engagement… " Oh well, time to see what we can do to help out, I guess.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2016 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

If no one was there or robbing the place yeah recon would have happened. But alas the best laid plans can go haywire *laugh*.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.