Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 53 of 88

I don't think I'd give up - Page 53 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Feb, 2017 - 7:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 88 pgs.  49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 53

Paul, I will make sure to do that. I wouldn't miss that opportunity. Hopefully Zinna won't find him being comforted by a certain bar maid *smile*

Aeric, I activated the first gem for Zinna. Corren better watch out! smile.gif Here was the result.

You have an admirer at your current location that is partial to helping you within their ability to do so.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Lovely. As if Corren didn't already have enough worries *wink* Maybe sometime I will activate the only gem I have earned on this site.

8th Feb, 2017 - 4:41am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Maker says...

Zinna

international QUOTE
You have an admirer at your current location that is partial to helping you within their ability to do so.

Ok, what would you like to consider Zinna's location to be during the down time where this would apply? Durmista, the Fey Realm, or Clear Creek? Celodhil could easily be this admirer and would have spent some amount of time with Zinn, he would also be the one that would likely be paired with Zinna to help her with her training (He is actually a ranger/warlock), particularly any field training that she would undergo upon her return to her own realm.

Brandonfett
I think that the Pathfinder rules that deal with downtime activity, earning capital, etc. Can be translated to 5E (You can reference these in the Pathfinder SRD). So for Carrick to establish the Hunters Guild would be the equivalent of the Hunting Party in Pathfinder's Ultimate Campaign which to create costs 5 Goods, 7 Influence, 11 Labor, and consists of 1 team of archers, 1 team of laborers, and 1 team of Lackeys. Assuming he is earning the capital instead of simply purchasing it outright it will cost him 500gp to build up all that capital. On the other hand, given the group's status among the people of Clear Creek I think we could easily say that he already has the 7 Influence so that will reduce the cost a bit (Savings of about 105gp so it would only cost him 395gp).

The problem though is that part of the process that Pathfinder uses in determining gp or capital earned is dependant on skill checks which are not really compatible with 5E. At higher levels in Pathfinder one can roll a skill and with modifiers and get over 30 but this is nearly impossible in 5E even at the highest levels so Pathfinder’s table regarding earning capital using skilled labor accounts for rolls up to and over 40 and grants capital accordingly. I’m not sure how to convert this table for use in 5E.

It does allow for a method of generating capital based on character class (1d20 + character level + highest ability modifier - 5) and then reference the appropriate table, but it also recognizes that this is not as profitable as using skilled labor and I’m struggling to convert the skilled labor from Pathfinder to 5E.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2017 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 53 Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

I think Celodhil would be perfect. He was who I was thinking of as well. I thought that they would spend a lot of time together during her training. She would be in contact with him a lot on both sides of the Veil. If you have another idea feel free to go with it though.

Aeric, you mentioned before about Inasyah providing equipment for Zinna. Did she provide her with some and if so what exactly? I'm asking because she has nothing at all now.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 8th Feb, 2017 - 5:17am

8th Feb, 2017 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

I apologize, but I am not familiar with the Pathfinder system. However, on page 128 of the DMG, it goes over possible downtime activities including the construction and establishment of a guild or guildhall.
There it lists that it would require 60 days of downtime as long as Carrick is overseeing the progress (3 days extra per day he is not) and 5000gp, assuming the materials and labor are present to do so. (Seeing that it is a logging community, I don't see that aspect being too difficult.)
But of course this is all at your discretion. Just thought I'd share.
And I'm not necessarily looking to create something on the scale that may require 5000gp. Something probably smaller at first and maybe grow as we continue.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 8th Feb, 2017 - 2:37pm

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2017 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

PF's rules for such things are a bit complex, but basically there are four kinds of capital needed to establish buildings and organizations. Goods, influence, labor, and magic. When building things, they act like special forms of currency. Source 9c Source 9g

You can buy capital outright, or you can work for it. The latter cuts the currency cost in half.

Working for capital is a lot like working for money, you make a skill check for a certain period and gain an amount depending on the result

From the looks of it, you have the skills needed to earn any kind of capital except magic, which you don't need for the sake of this.

The Hunting Party Aericsteele mentions isn't a building, its just the people, three flunkies described as "The necessary guides and assistants for sport hunting"

A tannery might be a decent baseline to establish the building as well, that would take 20 Goods, 1 Influence, 20 Labor, and 830 gp, or just 1660 gp if buying outright.

Both of the above are assembled items, you can 'purchase' people and rooms individually and build things up.

The problem in importing this is that both the gold values and the skill DCs are inflated by comparison to 5E's standards.

However, I think that even after conversion, the price is going to be out of Carrick's reach unless he can find a sponsor. You might need to spend the year earning funds and laying groundwork, and actually establishing the guild during our next downtime.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 8th Feb, 2017 - 5:20pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Feb, 2017 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 53

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Hmm, well if it's going to be too tedious or take away from the focus of the story I won't worry about it. I have other things Carrick can do for the year.
Which brings me to another question, what is our financial situation going to look like during this year or is that something we need to describe on our own? I couldn't remember if we had some kind of "Retainer" type thing for being the towns "Heroes" and what not.
Needing to upgrade to some better armor.
smile.gif.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2017 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 53

I don't think I'd give up out of hand. Given that we're skipping large amounts of time, I think Aericsteele is probably willing to handwave a lot of the complexities. Just work with him to find something appropriate. You might start with a simple shed and a flunky that helps with the hunt.

As to Carrick's funds, If I recall, the Defenders are getting a stipend from Clear Creek. Can't recall how much, check the intermission posts from that time.

Wanted to ask about obtaining armor myself. I decided that Leo was going to be busy doing a few too many things to have a profession per se this time around, but he would still be looking for a chance to upgrade to splint (Or better yet plate, but that's asking for a bit too much I think at level 3). That could be as simple as doing favors in trade for the materials and time at a forge to craft it himself, but there'd need to be the right opportunity. Heck, if he can get the steel strips elsewhere, maybe his buddy Carrick can set him up with the cured hide needed for the base. biggrin.gif.

And then of course there is the need for another mount. Probably just a riding horse, as I doubt a warhorse can be obtained around here. Going to wish I hadn't needed to sacrifice the last one.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Feb, 2017 - 6:41pm

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.