Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 11 of 88

I totally forgot that the new updated ranger - Page 11 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Oct, 2016 - 3:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 88 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
Post Date: 11th Oct, 2016 - 7:26am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 11

Aeric, in the [PHB] it shows where we can roll for our hps when leveling or take the average number they give. I took the average number. (My rolls have been horrible sad.gif) is that ok or do you want me to roll for it?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Oct, 2016 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

I will take a chance and roll for my hit point increase I just hope that I roll well. If not oh well.

11th Oct, 2016 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

I just want to say, I really like the little "Insight" into the grell's thoughts. But also, I'm (Not Carrick) kind of scared right now because Grells at level two aren't anything to mess with, and getting us split up and the surprise? Just, just, dang… (Laugh).

12th Oct, 2016 - 12:43am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 11 Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

I did debate whether this would be an encounter that would prove to be too difficult and might result in a TPK, especially with the Grell having the element of surprise. It's always difficult when trying to figure out what kind of major encounter will give the party a challenge. Too much and you get a TPK but not enough and the players take out challenge in a handful of rounds. I've had it happen where I have tried to match the challenge rating to the character level and had the encounter end before it even gets started. On the other hand, I did mention in the beginning that death is a very real possibility in this game and I often do not tailor encounters to the character level or ability.

A very difficult encounter indeed, but not necessarily insurmountable. I look forward to seeing whether or not the heroes are able to overcome this one; if they do they will be local heroes for sure!

Post Date: 12th Oct, 2016 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

To save us some confusion for our next posts, for those of us coming from the cave, will we have any movement left when we get outside? Possibly even enough to engage? Since we had to drop down to crawl inside, I am assuming we won't be able to engage, but we might have enough to move a bit. As a rogue, it will make a difference to my actions.

12th Oct, 2016 - 2:45am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

The Maker says...

The problem is that only one person is able to get through at a time; I think I will allow the player to move through it and have enough left over to make an attack, but again only one person is able to get through each round so the others are basically still in the den waiting for their turn to get through.

The first person through the hole is going to be able to make an attack on the first round of combat but the other two will not be able to do so. That means that the second one in line is not going to be able to contribute much until round two and the the third one out will not be able to contribute much until round three.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Oct, 2016 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 11

The Maker says...

international QUOTE
Aeric, in the [PHB] it shows where we can roll for our hps when leveling or take the average number they give. I took the average number. (My rolls have been horrible sad.gif) is that ok or do you want me to roll for it?

I'm sorry I completely missed this question; the way I like to do it is you may roll but when it comes to HP I don't allow you to gain lower than average. So as an example if you have 1d8 hit dice with a +1 CON modifier and you roll an 8 then you would get 9hp. However if you rolled a 1 you would actually gain 5hp instead of 2hp (The average of 1d8 being 4 plus the constitution modifier)... I for one hate it when you have a d10 for a hit dice but only manage to get maybe 3hp when you level up because you rolled poorly.

So Carrick (As an example) actually cannot gain less than 8hp when he levels up but he could potentially gain up to 13hp if he rolls well.

Also, just a heads up, now that we are in combat the 48hr posting rule is probably going to be enforced a little more stringently. Remember that means all players have 48hrs from the Dungeon Master's most recent post to declare their actions. Failing to do so will result in the Dungeon Master assigning a very basic response for your character during that characters turn. As far as initiative goes this means your character will be at the bottom of the initiative order.

12th Oct, 2016 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 11

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

I totally forgot that the new updated ranger class has advantage on initiative rolls. I will roll again here.
Also, just want to point out that since we are in initiative, I have not made my way up the hole and thus am not blocking it. I merely was saying that's Carrick's immediate intent is to head back up the tunnel, but will actually do so on his turn.

-edit- per the HP update, awesome! Thanks!

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 12th Oct, 2016 - 3:26pm

Carrick Granitebranch Results:
  • Initiative (advantage) on D20 (+2): 14 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.