Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 4 of 15

One thing that I would like everyone to do - Page 4 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Jul, 2016 - 10:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (15) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2016 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 4

I am working this afternoon/evening. When things calm down, hopefully around 1700 Eastern Time, I intend to put up a rogue I am working on.

Sponsored Links:
7th Jul, 2016 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Alright, got all the traits, ideals, bonds, and flaws filled out, so I think now I have completed Carrick.

Just a few things though as I'm seeing what everyone else is coming up with; how would a dwarf like Carrick respond to having a half-Orc in the group? I know it has been established that most of the world hates orcs, but would there be more or less of a tension between these two races given their fantasy lore history? I don't want to roll up to the tavern and immediately have to start justifying why I would work with a hated enemy, but then again, that could lead into some interesting role playing.

And also, now that I have completed my character, should I go ahead and post about me getting to the Drunken Logger, or wait until everyone has completed their characters?

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2016 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Maybe Carrick is more open-minded than your "Normal" dwarf? If that is ok with the master I personally think it makes everything easier for the group.

You know that question is kind of like my question what will happen when a characater who is clearly not a wizard uses magic to defend himself or others? I think it all depends on how open-minded characters are.

7th Jul, 2016 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Page 4 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Hmm, good point. Like I said, it could definitely have some interesting [role-playing] moments. I'm just trying to get a broader understanding of just how hated "Half" breeds would be. Even elves, as it seems like they aren't that well liked either.

7th Jul, 2016 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

international QUOTE
now that I have completed my character, should I go ahead and post about me getting to the Drunken Logger, or wait until everyone has completed their characters?

I think it would be ok for you to go ahead and post arriving at the tavern, but I will not necessarily respond to it until I have at least three others ready to go. I don't want to get too far in until I know a little more about what characters are going to be involved and what their relationships are going to be with each other and the community.

As far as interactions with a half-orc, I think some of it will depend on background. A half-orc who grew up in Clear Creek among humans would be looked upon with some suspicion and disdain, and probably would have spent their early years being bullied and made fun of but that would be what he knows and the people of Clear Creek would not necessarily be outright hostile toward him. There may even be some pity there as it would be assumed he is the product of an orc raid (Rape & pillage)

I'm not sure why a half-orc raised by orcs in the Scoladi Wilds would even associate with humans or elves rather than just trying to kill them outright, but if a half-orc shows up in Clear Creek they are likely to not differentiate between a half-orc and a full blooded orc. They may not attack him on the spot but his presence would definitely raise alarm, and it would certainly be a complicating factor to the party! But if you guys can make it work, I won't necessarily prohibit this.

I guess the best reference I can come up with regarding how elves and half-elves are viewed it would akin to the way Native Americans were viewed by people of the United States around the 19th Century (1800's). Wood Elves in particular would be seen as uncivilized "Savages" while the Elves that were displaced by the conquering of their homeland are basically second class citizens. A half-elfs presence would not raise the same alarm as a half-orc would though because Elves are generally seen as being created by the Maker while orcs are the product of the Destroyer.

international QUOTE
how would a dwarf like Carrick respond to having a half-Orc in the group? I know it has been established that most of the world hates orcs, but would there be more or less of a tension between these two races given their fantasy lore history?

This is where some collaborative world building comes it. I leave it up to you to determine what sort of relationship, if any, your homeland would have had with orcs keeping in mind of course that orcs are pretty violent and territorial but this doesn't necessarily mean your character's culture has been involved in numerous wars with orc tribes or has even had much contact with them. That is up to you.

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2016 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Empire is not the only place where humans reside. Those that fear the Empire or want to evade the Empire for whatever reasons have taken up secluded residences in the Skoladi Wilds. Being more concerned about the Empire, they set about to befriend or be on good terms with the other species of the Wilds.

Orc Tribes raid frequently across the expanse that make up the Skoladi Wilds. They interfere with trade and homesteading alike. One such raid interrupted the homestead of a self exiled priestess of the Empire, High Lady Brala or known locally in her parts of the Wilds as Healer Brala.

Left for dead, severely beaten and broken, Brala was found and healed by the Druidic Circle of the Wilds, mostly elves. During her long and painful recovery a few things changed. Brala discovered she bore a half-orc child and the trapper Coridan came into her life.

Coridan and Brala developed a friendship that benefitted both of them. Brala would meet Coridan in some designated spot in the Wilds where they would hunt together. Other times he would come to her homestead and help as she tended faithfully to those needing her healing arts and skills. Moving into together had been discussed, but because Brala would be easily recognized and Coridan provided for Clear Creek, they remained committed to each others independence.

Now to the half-orc child. Brala took the birth to term, though after nine months she was uncertain of the delivery. Consulting with the Druidic Circle of the Wilds, it was determined when and where and how this child was to be born. The Wild Sisters of the Moon assisted in the delivery with the stipulation that the child would be raised among the Druidic Circle and that Brala could visit from time to time to see to the nurturing of her son.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2016 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 4

Okay, I have now created a character. As this is my first time using this site, I won't be surprised if I have missed some things. I will let the Dungeon Master look it over and guide me. I also am open to suggestions from the other players for ideas…

I was also thinking that for a definite hook into the story, there is a young lady in town on whom he has a crush, and either she is one of the missing, or someone close to her is. He views this as added incentive to find the missing folks.

Thanks all!

7th Jul, 2016 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 4

The Maker says...

One thing that I would like everyone to do is include their passive perception in either the combat stat block or the character stats block.

Corren looks ok so far though I do not see the feature from your background listed, or the background itself. You included a statement that he was apprenticed to the cook at the tavern but also a member of the town guard so I'm not sure which background you want to apply.List your characters feats, proficiency, skills, saving throws, abilities, etc in the character stat box, Also please put stats for your attacks in the combat stat box or the character stat box (I.e. Ranged: Shortbow +5 atk / 1d6+3 dam)

Like the character history though, and it will be interesting to see your character's flaw in action. I will work tonight on trying to put a desired format for character sheets into the opening post so we can get everyone on the same page.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (15) »

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.