Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 9 of 15

I boosted Strength and Charisma via the human - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Oct, 2016 - 5:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

04th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 15 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (15) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation
19th Oct, 2016 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 9

The Maker says...

international QUOTE
What official content is specifically available?

My intent was to keep things fairly basic. Core races/classes, basically limited to the PHB and that is taking into account that while there may not be a great deal of supplemental books out there at the moment, they will inevitably come and I do not want to have to sift through it all or have to research other classes or class options.

international QUOTE
Are there any cultural restrictions on magic aside from "Don't let others think you are a warlock"?

The use of magic is heavily regulated in more populated areas like cities or towns but less so in frontier regions where the Akashic Order has less of a presence. For the most part magic is not commonplace and is not heavily involved in the lives of commoners.

Most wizards are formally trained at arcane colleges in major cities. Not every city has an arcane college though most will have some form of arcane preparatory school (Akin to a community college) for those who show some arcane talent. In game terms those coming out of preparatory schools are level 1-3 Wizards while those coming out of the arcane colleges are usually level 5-6 (Usually arcane colleges will not accept students lower than level 3). The majority of wizards coming out of these schools wind up working for nobles or wealthy merchants (Who also tend to fund their education as it is fairly expensive)

Wizards are generally looked upon by the common folk with a mixture of respect and fear while those who obtain magic through natural ability or some other source are looked on with mostly fear as they are concerned that Sorcerers and the like lack the discipline that wizards usually learn as part of their training.

It's a pretty broad topic though so if you have more specific questions regarding magic and culture I will answer as best I can.

international QUOTE
-A Paladin (Not an inquisitor) is among the characters I'm considering. I noticed that they're apparently all functionaries of the church. Does this come with any restrictions on the choice of oath? Also, what would a Paladin's role likely be in a frontier town like clearwater?

There is no restriction on the choice of oath for Paladins. A paladin may be sent to a frontier region like Clear Creek to further advance the presence or goals of the Imperial Church, to protect and guard the church and the priests/religious there, to eliminate a perceived threat to the faith or a combination of these things.

international QUOTE
Do you allow for tweaks to existing backgrounds and/or the creation of new ones?

I don't necessarily have an issue with this as long as it is reasonable and doesn't lead to an overpowered character somehow. In fact there are some features associated with backgrounds that I don't care for as they may not apply in all settings.

international QUOTE
-Also speaking of backgrounds, another character being considered would be a soldier who (Honorably) left the army to pursue another life. Any setting specific details of particular import there?

Nothing that comes to mind off the top of my head.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Oct, 2016 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Creation Character RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

I think I've settled on a paladin, and as I flesh out the details I'm leaning towards him having been raised as a "Child of the church", with previous history unknown.

As you are between chapters, it occurs to me that his bond or reason to come to Clearwater could easily be tied up in the next threat the party has to deal with. I'd be happy to serve as part of the initial plot hook if you are so inclined. Let me know if you want to do something of the sort, if not I'll just come up with something suitable.

19th Oct, 2016 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The wise says...

Hi again yeah I didn't see a response for a few days so I assumed you weren't looking for new people. OK well looks like you have another so if someone drops out keep me in mind please. But yes all wizards should be feared and respected at the same time!

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2016 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 9 Creation Character RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Prospective character, awaiting approval before punching into forum tool. I did make one tweak to the stuff provided by Acolyte, swapping one language prof out for proficiency in Smith's Tools, thinking that learning to make/maintain his gear would be of more import to a crusader in training than another language learned (Besides, knowing lots of languages as a low Int character just feels wrong) Forgot to ask, but I'm assuming I'm starting at L1 with base starting gear and will need to play catch up.

Character history and personality are in flux, but as I'm currently envisioning him a slightly naive protector of the living. Both inspiring to others and kind, but badly lacking in the rationality needed to be a true leader. While he willingly serves the church, he is more interested in spreading the goodwill of the Maker than the authority of church officials (Though he's particularly eager when those interests at least appear to align) Likewise, while he's sworn to oppose the destroyer, and will zealously fight the servants of the same, by comparison to his peers he rarely levels accusations of such without direct proof.

Leo (The Green Knight)
Variant Human
Level One Oath of Ancients Paladin
Background: Acolyte

Att sc mod save
Strength 16 (+3) [+3]
Dexterity 10 (+0) [+0]
Constitution 13 (+1) [+1]
Intelligence 8 (-1) [-1]
Wisdom 12 (+1) [+3]
Charisma 16 (+3) [+5]

AC16, HP12, init+0
Attacks: Glm+5 1d10+3s, Glb+5 1d4+3b, Mau+5 2d6+3b, jav+5 1d6+3p

Skills: Acro+0, Anim+1, Arca-1, Athl*+5, Dece+3, Hist-1, Insi*+3, Inti+3, Inve-1, Medi+1, Natu-1, Perc*+3, Perf+3, Pers*+5, Reli*+1, Slei+0, Stea+0, Surv+1

Equipment: glaive, maul, 5x javelins, chain mail, holy amulet

Other Gear: backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50' hemp rope prayer book, incense, vestments, common clothing, 15 gp

Save proficiencies: Wisdom, Charisma
Skill proficiencies: Persuasion, Athletics, Insight, Perception, Religion
Languages: Common, Celestial, Orcish
Tool Proficiencies: Smith's Tools
Armor&weapon proficiencies: all

Lay on Hands pool: 5

Feats and abilities
Polearm Master Feat-can make extra 1d4b melee attack as bonus action, enemies provoke attacks of opportunity upon entering reach
Divine Sense- 4/day as action detect celestial, undead and fiend creatures in 60'
Lay on Hands- as action, touch creature and restore HP, drawing on LOH pool. Can expend 5 points to cure disease or poison

Trait: "I can find common ground between the fiercest of enemies, empathizing with them and always working towards peace"
Ideal: "Faith, I trust that the Maker will guide my actions, I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well."
Bond: Pending depending on how Dungeon Master fits into tale
Flaw: "My piety sometimes leads me to blindly trust those who profess faith in the Maker"

Background feature: Shelter of the Faithful- Leo and his companions may expect free healing and care at religious centers dedicated to the Maker. Leo himself can expect free room and board there at a modest lifestyle.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Oct, 2016 - 2:56am

20th Oct, 2016 - 3:27am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

You can start at Lv 2; I do not track XP characters level up when appropriate based on the game. The character looks good although if you wouldn't mind breaking down for me which two ability scores you increased by 1 per the variant rule and which skill you gain proficiency from in as well using the variant. I assume the Polearm Master feat came from this variant rule.

Also, if your Constitution modifier is +1 I think you should have 11hp rather than 12 at level one (But I have been wrong on this once before so…). For your HP when you level up roll the hit dice but if you roll below average (In this case below a five) then take the average instead. If you roll above average then keep that roll. In other words you shouldn't gain less than 6hp based on your constitution modifier but you could gain 11hp if you roll the max.

You are otherwise accepted and free to generate your character. Check in at the support thread for discussion on the next adventure.

20th Oct, 2016 - 3:42am / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

The wise says...

I think I will start working on a character in case you get another opening. That's part of the fun.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Oct, 2016 - 3:51am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 9

The Maker says...

There is one player that I have not received definite verification from that he plans on continuing; either way you are free to post a character here and keep an eye on the game to see if something opens up down the road.

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2016 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

I boosted Strength and Charisma via the human bonuses. Perception was from VarHuman, religion and insight were from acolyte background, athletics and persuasion chosen from paladin list. PM feat was indeed gained via VarHuman bonus.

And yes, I should have 11 HP, good catch there. I made a last second change to stats (Dropping Con for a little more Wisdom), and forgot to adjust that particular number while messing with the skills Wisdom affects. By the time I noticed, I was no longer able to make edits.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.