Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 10 of 15

Don't know much about his persona - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Oct, 2016 - 2:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

02nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 15 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (15) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation
22nd Oct, 2016 - 4:08am / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 10

The wise says...

Malek Szul
Variant Human
Level 1 wizard
Background: sage sex: male ht: 5'10" wt: 154 lbs hair: black eyes: hazel skin: pale

Strength:10
Dexterity:12 (+1)
Constitution:14 (+2) started at 13 raised it 1 point
Intelligence:17 (+3) started at 15 raised it 2 points
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma:8 (-1)

AC:11 HP:8 init: +1
Attacks: Staff +2 to hit / 1D6 damage

Skills: Acro:+1, Anim:+2, Arca:+5, Athl:0, Dece:-1 Hist:+5, Insi:+4, Inti:-1, Inve:+5, Medi:+2, Natu:+3, Perc:+2, Perf:-1, Pers:-1, Reli:+5, Slei:+1, Stea:+1, Surv:+2

Equipment: quarterstaff, 2x small knife, spellbook, component pouch, back pack, book of dragons, 2x bottle of ink, 2x quills, waterskin, common clothes, 10x parchment, small bag of sand, old letter from colleague, belt pouch, 2x days of rations, red robe, 2x scroll case, 4x sacks, 2x chalk, 4x candles, tinder box, bedroll

Gold: 3 silver: 2

Save proficiencies: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skill proficiencies: arcana, history, investigation,insight, religion
Languages: Common, Orcish, elfish, dwarvish, draconic, abyssal, giant
Tool Proficiencies: none weapon proficiencies: staff, dagger, darts, sling, light crossbow armor: none

Cantrips: Light, Fire Bolt, Prestidigitation
1st level spells: magic missile, sleep, mage armor, comprehend languages ®, detect magic ®, identify ®

Feats and abilities:
Linguist(+1 intelligence and 3 languages) arcane recovery

Trait: I'm used to helping out those who aren’t as smart as I am, and I patiently explain anything and everything to others.
Ideal: Emotions must not cloud our logical thinking.
Bond:
Flaw: I speak without really thinking through my words, invariably insulting others.

History: work in progress.

Reconcile Edited: Delgar on 22nd Oct, 2016 - 4:25am

Sponsored Links:
25th Oct, 2016 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

Delgar, the character looks good so far as I can tell. If the position does open up you can level up to lv2. Have you read through the opening post of the Main Thread to get an idea of how magic is handled in the setting?

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 25th Oct, 2016 - 5:52pm

25th Oct, 2016 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The wise says...

Yes I've read the rules on magic and I've played in a few campaigns where you can not openly cause damage or attack others with magic. Some cities seem to frown on that kind of behavior your system maybe a little more restrictive but that should be fun for role playing. Just to clarify since my character is trained in the arts and from an arcane school he is able cast non harmful spells in public like most cantrips for example if I use mage hand to say move a drink or pick up something or use prestidigitation to change the color of something I own will the church come after me for that? I've read a long as well with the story I am really hoping to get involved.

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2016 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Page 10 Creation Character RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Dungeon Master feel free to correct me, but my understanding is probably not. As a wizard trained in an academic setting, the only legal restrictions on magic are basically the same as for everyone else with their normal methods of doing stuffs (Don't harm others, don't steal, etc.), and you are already not subject to the Church's only official objection to arcane magic (Wizard magic definitely does not stem from the unmaker)

However, the typical uneducated rube tends to fear non divine magic enough that they may cause problems, potentially up to and including asking the church to intervene, depending on how badly you scare them. The church should do nothing after looking into it, but from the sound of it that technicality might sometimes get swept under the rug if dealing with true zealots.

Bear in mind, at least to begin with, you'll be working with at least one church official who would tend to calm such irrational mobs rather than work with them.So long as your guy acts with some measure of prudence, I don't forsee problems, at least not based on what I think I know.

P.S. And just to clarify on that slot opening. The user Alessandar has not been seen for a week, if he doesn't respond sometime today, the Dungeon Master has declared that you're in.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Oct, 2016 - 6:45pm

25th Oct, 2016 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

Daishain's assessment is pretty accurate I think. Minor spells or spells meant to heal or help others are not going to be forbidden but it does depend on the context in which the spells are cast along with the intent of the person casting it.

Casting an otherwise harmless spell with the intent to frighten, intimidate or deceive another person would be investigated as a crime; so even if the spell is harmless it is dependent upon other variables including knowledge, intent, and the consequence of casting it.

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2016 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Oh of course, deliberately disturbing the peace, even with entirely harmless spells, would also presumably cause trouble with authorities, but casting some minor cantrip in a nonthreatening manner should not.

As I see it, its a bit like walking around with a gun on your hip in one of the open carry states here in the US. If you're licensed and not doing something stupid with it like waving the thing around, authorities should leave you be. But you're still going to attract attention, and potentially trouble, if the people you meet are the type to be intimidated by the fact you have the gun on hand at all.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Oct, 2016 - 1:57am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 10

The Maker says...

Ok, Delgar you are clear to create your character and join the Main Thread. The question is how to work your character into the party before they leave Clear Creek…

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2016 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

Don't know much about his persona yet. But a sterotypical wizardly reason to come along might include a desire to observe how the "Non domesticated" elves handle magic. New techniques and theories are often like candy to a dedicated arcanist. Malek could have heard about these missions, and traveled here in hopes of tagging along for that purpose.

Just a thought, by all means, let us know what motivates your guy Delgar.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.