Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 3 of 150

Carrick feels a sense of pride begin to swell - Page 3 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jul, 2016 - 3:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

30th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 33235
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
11th Jul, 2016 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 3

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Carrick, seeing the dusty-robed figure with quarter-staff in hand approach and address Tywin, turns to the Reeve,
"Er, ah, Mr. Gant, if I were beein' honest," and he looks up at the boy, "An' I'm not meanin' no 'ffense to ya," and then turns back to Tywin, "I just weren't specting to see so many, er, well, youngins to be part of this lit'le group you've gather'd."
Carrick, not that old for a dwarf himself, but has definitely a number of years on most at the table, looks back up to the dusty-robed boy, "Lad, what be yer name, an' how old ar' ye anyhow?"

Attached Image Edited: Brandonfett on 11th Jul, 2016 - 12:52pm



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2016 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

"My name is Mradoric and I am 16 years now. I may be a bit short but I do know how to use this. (He indicates the staff)

Mradoric looks about seeing that many are young. Looking back at the dwarf, "I guess you do not like younger people? I will try to remember that in the future."

Mradoric sits down away from the dwarf but still be at the table. Not wanting to upset someone he has just met he will sit back and observe what is going on not saying anything.

11th Jul, 2016 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Carrick smiles at the boy,
"Ah, no, lad! I'm sure yer quite able at handlin' yerself with that there staff of yers. An' Th' Maker knows Carrick's not one to r'fuse th' aid of any that'r willin' to give it! Just not 'xactly what I were specting, tis all! Come now, 'ave a pint an' let's get down to th' mat'er at hand!"
Carrick takes a big gulp of his ale and wipes the froth from his beard and smiles at the red-head,
"An' yes, Zinna, th' ale's fine, but I be thinkin' I'll be needin' a few more fer this discussion." And he lets out a small chuckle and then continues to drink.



11th Jul, 2016 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 3 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

Satisfied that everyone is at the table and has drink and food available to them Tywin sits at the chair with his back to the wall, no one has ever seen him sit with his back to the door and his eyes are constantly scanning the room for threats or potential danger; even on the most peaceful of evenings.

“Thank you all for answering my summons” he says “no doubt you all know what this is about. There is a threat to this community and we must put an end to it. As Reeve the responsibility for ensuring the safety and security of this area falls on me and in doing so I have authority to deputize, if you will, others to act on my behalf in emergencies. And I believe that this situation certainly constitutes an emergency.”

Tywin produces a scroll from a pocket and places it on the table “This document grants its bearer the authority to act in my name within the limits of bringing this emergency to an end. I have sent a request for aid to Vollandar, but we cannot wait for a response. I need to know the extent of the disappearances. I will be in Clear Creek speaking to witnesses and relatives of the victims but I need you all to check on the outlying farms and camps.

Many farmers, trappers, and loggers do not come to town on a regular basis, and so there may be more missing that we do not know about. The Morris, Dinsmore, and Kenly farms are the furthest out and they are the ones that I am most concerned with at the moment. We haven’t heard anything from them for at least a week.

I choose all of you for your skills and your knowledge of the area. There have been reports of increased activity in the Wilds and there have been several sightings of small goblin raiding parties in the area. No hostilities yet, but they may be probing our defenses so be on your guard.”

Tywin finishes his tankard and looks everyone over then pushes the scroll toward Corran “You are with the Town Guard so I’m putting you in charge. Roland, I understand you were a soldier once and you may feel entitled to the position but truth is I don’t know you that well and in this part of the world we base our appointments less on pedigree and more on what we know of a person. I know little of your past life as a soldier. Corran grew up here and I think everyone that knows him can attest to his character. While this doesn’t mean that I feel you lack character, it is as of yet, unproven.”

Tywin fixes Corren with a stern look “As Reeve I hold the guards of all the territories under my watch to a high standard. Corren, you were taken into the guard of Clear Creek because of your accomplishment and your heroism and it is because of these things that I am placing the burden of leadership on your shoulders; and believe me, it is a burden. Share it with the members of your party, but understand that ultimately I hold you responsible for ensuring the task gets done. If you find any leads or gather any information that would lead you to investigate elsewhere, do so; if not return and report to me as soon as possible.”

Tywin’s unnerving gaze falls on Zinnathyra “I’m counting on you Zinnathyra to bring an element of diplomacy to the table. This close to the Wilds you may encounter Elves who are not always entirely thrilled with our presence. If your party is attacked you may of course defend yourselves, but I look to you deescalate any encounters if possible. We do not need a conflict with any of the Elven tribes in the area right now.”

He looks over to Carrick and continues “Thank you again, Carrick for answering my call. I know you are all taking time out from your livelihoods to deal with this. I made the call to you for two reasons: First, I know that Coridan is your friend and you will go search for him regardless of whether I tell you to or not, and second you seem to know your way around the Wilds as well as any Elf that calls the place home it would seem. You also know how best to find your fellow hunters who may still be out there. Your skills are invaluable to the team.”

“Mradoric, you come from a monastery. Yes? I was told that one of their members may be in the area and able to lend a hand. Are you a Child of the Church then?”.



Post Date: 12th Jul, 2016 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Corren, in the midst of taking a deep pull of water, almost spews it all over the table. He coughs, "Excuse me," then catches his breath. He is not the oldest of the group, nor the most experienced. He is confident in his abilities, but he also knows that a good leader works with his people, rather than simply telling them what to do.

He addresses the Reeve, then the table at large. "Sir, I... WE will not let you down. You may depend on us." Turning to the assembled group he says, "I do not pretend to have much experience as a commander, and certainly am not familiar with everyone's abilities, nor any weaknesses. So my first order is to tell you all that any idea you have, no matter how silly it might seem, share it. We will be relying on one another, and building trust as well as understanding will be a priority as we travel. And I shall go first. You see I carry a rapier and a short bow. I can move relatively quietly, and prefer to do so. But regardless, my ability to speak is stronger than my fighting prowess. Also, before I joined the Guard, some of you know I apprenticed as a cook. I keep my gear, and will do the cooking for our group."

He looks to Carrick. "Knowing your abilities, I am sure you can fill the pot. I will prepare it. But since you know the surrounding area, I'd like you to plan a route to the farthest farms that will not have us constantly changing direction."

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2016 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

Mradoric smiles, "No sir, I am not a child of the church. While the church has its place in grand scheme of things I do not always see eye to eye with them. Just think of me as a hermit that is socializing for now."

Looking at the others, "I have wandered a lot in my young age and have spent a bit of time in a monastery away from society. There I learned to use my body as a weapon. This staff helps too. I too can be quiet in the woods and other places. I do know how to work leather if that helps anyone. I also know a bit about herbal lore to assist us with potions if we find the right herbs."

Attached Image Edited: KNtoran on 12th Jul, 2016 - 1:52am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2016 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 3

Zinnathyra listens to the conversation around her. She nods in reply to the Reeve. Zinn looks around the table at each person for a brief moment with a serene expression. She looks back to Corren. " I left my home at an early age to pursue my craft and have had to live by my wits. I'm not much of a fighter but I will help as much as I can. I have a few abilities involving healing and illusion which might be helpful. "
Zinn then smiles. " I'm also an excellent musician. I can help maintain morale in camp. Walking tightropes are a hobby of mine. If you need a dangerous stunt attempted then I'm your girl. I speak fluent Elvish and have some dealings with them. I can be .... Very diplomatic and persuasive when needed. " she then looks around the table with her green eyes glimmering. " I hope to be able to persuade one of you gallant gentleman to help carry some of my equipment when we leave. I can carry it but it is very difficult for me." She relaxes back into her chair in a relaxed pose while waiting for the next person to speak.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Jul, 2016 - 2:42am

12th Jul, 2016 - 3:23am / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 3

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Carrick feels a sense of pride begin to swell up as Tywin acknowledges his abilities, but quickly brushes those feelings to the side as the gravitas of the mission catches up to him. There are people's lives at stake. Hell, people have already gone missing, and presumably for good. This thought brings another sobering wave of emotion over Carrick as he thinks about Coridan.
"Mr. Gant," he says with a slight smirk on his face, "That assumption would be c'rrect. Coridan is, er, well, was, a good friend. If it be the Maker's will to just learn of his fate, so be it. I seek to end whatever is happenin', an' hope to r'store the peace I came to love here in Clear Creek."
Turning to Corren, "I'll find [yes/you] that path. Th' only thin' I ask is ye let me scout ahead with ya. Don't want us gettin' lost an' all."
Then turning back to Tywin, "When you spectin' us to 'ead out? Need to grab th' rest of me gear."
He finishes the last bit of his ale and asks Zinnathyra, "What 'xactly ye needin' carried?"

Attached Image Edited: Brandonfett on 12th Jul, 2016 - 3:26am



+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (150) »


Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.