Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 46 of 150

Out of Character: : I don't know how - Page 46 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st Oct, 2016 - 3:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

24th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 150 pgs.  42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 33682
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2016 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 46

Mradoric is still by Zinnathyra's side. When she tries to get up he will restrain her lightly. "Please stay down Zinnathyra no good will come right now. Heal yourself I will go check on our ward." Mradoric will look around and see if he can see where the arrows are coming from.

He thinks to himself that while the father released them from the mission he would still not feel right if the father is killed without them working to assist him. While many here do not agree with the church of the maker, they should still think of the whole picture and what would true heros do? Would they allow a person unfamiliar with this area just wander away to their possible death? No we would try to make sure they got to their destination and back as safe as possible.

Sponsored Links:
31st Oct, 2016 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

The forest is still for a moment as the party scrambles to find cover and identify the threat. Father Marcellus, still clutching at the protruding arrow, crawls to a nearby tree as he scans the canopy trying to determine where the attack came from. Zinna is the first to actually spot a figure moving quickly from branch to branch they stop about sixty-five yards from the group and notches an arrow in their bow.

A distinctly feminine voice comes from the figure perched in the trees speaking in strained common “Now that I have your attention” she says “what business does your kind have in the Scolandi? And why should my comrades and I refrain from killing all of you?”

Carrick, being familiar with the sounds of the forest notes the chirping of birds that is just off enough to suggest to him that the sounds are not coming from birds, but likely are being used by this person's comrades to communicate and coordinate though he is unable to estimate their number.



Post Date: 31st Oct, 2016 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Leo's never liked shields, clunky things that always get in the way, but he wishes he had one now. He's itching to rush to the Father's side, but fears doing so may trigger another attack. Leo will instead stand openly as he returns the challenge. He isn't dropping his glaive, but is lowering the blade.

"The man you just wounded and I are representatives of the Church of the Maker. These others are simply guides we asked to aid us in finding your people, they have no more part in this than that. We are on a peaceful diplomatic mission to the Scolandi elves, and intend neither harm nor insult to the same. Please, may we talk?"

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 31st Oct, 2016 - 2:35pm

31st Oct, 2016 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Page 46 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Carrick relays to the rest of the group, "No one make any sudden mov'ment. We be surrounded."
Then the dwarf slowly lowers his bow and shouts back in elvish,
<< Aye, our 'ttention ye 'ave! An as much, we be in no position t' take all ye on, so how's 'bout we jus' talk fer a moment an' let us 'xplain? But first, 'llow fer me companions t' aid th' man ye jus' shot?>>

Carrick looks back to the group eying for them to lower any drawn weapons.

Carrick Granitebranch Results:
  • Persuasion on D20 (+0): 20 (1 roll)


Post Date: 31st Oct, 2016 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Corren, despite the threat from the unseen woman, is relieved a dialog seems to have been joined. He raises his hands and steps away from the tree behind which he had taken cover. He decides to opt for the truth, shaded slightly with diplomacy. He tries to project his voice with both authority and humility.

"My name is Corren, and I am with the Guards at Clear Creek. My comrades and I have been tasked with escorting a representative of the Church of the Maker into your Wilds, to begin an exchange of ideas with the people who live hereabouts, in hopes of fostering closer ties between the people of Asendar and the Scolandi." He pauses before deciding to add, with his slightly humorous tone, "I find it a trifle unwelcoming for you to begin by attacking us unprovoked. You would have our attention even without the arrows. No warning shot, no chance to parley or break bread. Considering you have already wounded one of our party, I am surprised you didn't press your attack. But I am grateful nevertheless for the respite, however brief."

31st Oct, 2016 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

The Maker says...

The figure immediately switches to speaking Elvish upon hearing Carrick speak in their tongue. Though Carrick is unable to distinguish any specific tribe or origin from the woman’s dialect, he is fairly certain that she is not from Durmista or the Light Hair Tribe.

“Under normal circumstance you would already be dead” she states in elvish “your kind have pressed far enough into the forest already, but your fight against the Ankheg affords you some honor and the opportunity to leave the forest with your scalps still attached.”

There is another brief pause before the woman continues “You may tend to your comrade, Dwarf. Take the arrow that is lodged in his belly back to this Clear Creek, or whatever that human called it, along with a message. A warning that the Illiosani will not tolerate any further encroachment into the forest. Your people will cease to bring their destruction to the trees or there will be consequences.” The woman’s voice drips with disdain as she says the words dwarf and human.

Having spent some time in the Scolandi Carrick may make an Intelligence (K/Local) check to determine what he may know about the Illiosani.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2016 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 46

Corren does not understand one word of the Elven tongue, but he does recognize it. He turns to Carrick's direction and waits for a translation.

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2016 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 46

Out of Character: : I don't know how initiative affects a free action like speaking. Zinna saw the elves first so will call out warning then speak. If it's initiative order based then this will come after the others speak.

Zinna's eyes widen as she sees the elves. "They are elves. Probably surrounded. " She lays down as Mradoric pushes her back down. She begins speaking in Elvish. " I assure you that we mean no harm. I am a friend of the elves. I am a bard. I know some of the ancient songs. Please be patient with the men. Men are used to negotiating with their arms and not their tongues as we women know how to do. Having shot someone I commend you on the choice. He is the least popular of our group. ". Zinna laughs. " Please permit us to parley with you. I will submit to being taken captive as a show of good faith and trust if you need that. ". She struggles to get up again with her hands up.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 31st Oct, 2016 - 3:35pm



Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.