Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 48 of 150

Leo shakes his head, "I don't - Page 48 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Nov, 2016 - 2:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

28th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 150 pgs.  44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 33207
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2016 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 48

Zinna looks at Corren as this plays out and sees him nod. She nods and smiles at the Elven warrior. " You are correct. I might not remove his tongue but he will be dealt with later. Thank you for allowing us to patch up our wounded and for speaking with me. I am called Zinnathyra and lead this group. A bard is a warrior, magic user and singer combined. I remember old times and traditions and make sure that they are not forgotten. The main tribe of elves that my man is familiar with is the Yellow Hairs. He just knows that is not who you are. They are the elves we thought we would encounter in the wilds. We have been tasked by my leader with bringing the priest and his servant into the Scolandi wilds to share with and learn from elves here about the Maker and the beliefs of the elves. "

She pauses for a moment and studies the fine features of the elf, feeling inferior. Zinna continues " There will only be a sharing of ideas. No forced conversion. I do not believe in it and will not tolerate it from the priest or his follower. I have a great respect for the Elven people and their culture. There will be nothing allowed to happen that will dishonor that. ". She eyes the group before looking back at the elf maiden.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 31st Oct, 2016 - 8:14pm

Sponsored Links:
31st Oct, 2016 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

“The only think you need know about the Elves of this land is that we have no need for mankind, nor for anything that mankind offers including whatever this Maker is.” The warrior gives Marcellus a baleful glance then returns her attention to Zinna.

“I am Adsila of the Illiosani. From watching your fight with the Ankheg I can see you have strong and capable warriors with you. Such a creature is not easily overcome and rarely as quickly as your men here dispatched it. My people honor great warriors, but at the same time we do not tolerate the presence of your kind From what we’ve seen and heard so far you are little better than the orcs; an affront to the Ancestors.”

Another elf, a wiry man whose face is covered in tribal tattoos, drops down from the trees next to Adsila. The man has a short sword drawn and a longbow slung on his back and his eyes are full of bloodlust but Adsila raises her hand and he immediately lowers the blade and averts his eyes to the ground.

“Zinnathyra” she says with a tone that suggest no negotiation is forthcoming “if you truly honor the ways of my people then you will lead your men back to this Clear Creek and never set foot within the Scolandi Wilds again. Your people will cease their butchery of the forest. The next time I encounter your kind I will not grant them or you the privilege of a warning.”

Zinna may continue to attempt to negotiate but this will require a successful Charisma (Diplomacy) roll DC 20. You may also choose not to negotiate and simply give into her demands which would not require a roll.

Attached Image Edited: Aericsteele on 31st Oct, 2016 - 11:07pm



Post Date: 1st Nov, 2016 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Zinna considers for a moment then looks the elf maiden in the eyes. "Adsila, it is truly my pleasure to meet you. It is always an honor to meet an elf. I'm sorry that some humans have done some horrible things to your forest. That is totally unacceptable. We have nothing to do with that though. We come from a small village that is just trying to survive. Common enemies are shared. We despise the orcs and other vile destructive creatures as well. This can be an opportunity where our races can possibly learn more of each other and become allies against the true evil in this world. Please allow us safe passage through to speak to others of your race if you do not wish to speak with us. I personally vouch for the conduct of my men. We do not seek dominion, only allies. What better allies to seek than the mighty elves? "
Zinna looks at the elf to see what her reaction will be. " I will respect whatever your decision is Adsila. If I have not convinced you then my men and I will pack up this instant and depart these wilds. "

Out of Character: : This feels like one of those moments from one of my favorite fantasy series The Wheel of Time. Matrim Cauthon rolling the dice. The only problem is that Zinna doesn't have the dark one's own luck. Hopefully this time she does.

1st Nov, 2016 - 3:55am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 48 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

Adsila holds Zinna's gaze for what feels like an eternity. The tension is palatable as the elf warrior considers what the bard has told her. Finally Adsila turns her head toward the warrior next to her and gives him a slow nod at which point he sheathes his sword.

"Under different circumstances I would reject your request outright, but you make one point that I cannot deny. Your people are a threat to the forest, of that there is no doubt in my mind, but at the moment you are not the greater threat. The greater threat lies in Orcs of the Bloody Axe who have managed to solidify their hold on surrounding orc and goblin tribes. Durmista will need warriors, for the Bloody Axe Tribe is bearing down on them as we speak. But I warn you Zinnathyra; the Illiosani will deal with the Bloody Axe and then in time, if your people do not cease their assault on the forest, we will come for you as well and we will raze Clear Creek to the ground."

With another nod Adsila and the male warrior bound back up into the trees with a near super human grace and disappear into the canopy.



1st Nov, 2016 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

After a few tense moments after the elves depart, Carrick let's out an audible, exasperated sigh and grumbles something in dwarvish (Which Malek would seem to be the only one to understand) to the effect of, "Cut out me tongue, eh? Like t' see ye try!" Followed by a few choice words that are clearly curses and insults, but become more unintelligible toward the end.
The dwarf then looks to Zinna, "Well, s'ppose I be owin' ye a concession, then? It were a tense situation, 'eat of th' moment sort a thin', ye know? But I shouldn't 'ave snapp'd at ye like that; it weren't right an I be sorry." Carrick' then turns his attention to Leo and the priest, "So, how do ye like th' locals?" The dwarf chuckles to himself, clearly trying to lighten the mood.

Attached Image Edited: Brandonfett on 1st Nov, 2016 - 12:10pm



Post Date: 1st Nov, 2016 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

"I'd like to make a request for any future talks, that they adopt a new method for saying 'hello there, we'd like to chat.'" Leo shakes his head and laughs half heartedly, trying to convince himself all was well again. "So I must ask, why did they seek out Zinna to speak with? What did she tell them?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Nov, 2016 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 48

Zinna has a huge grin on her face as the elves leave. She wasn't for sure if that would work but apparently it did. She walks over to the rest of the group now completely healed. Hearing Carrick she replies" it is okay Carrick. I know you didn't mean anything by it. The first time is free. The second time I remove your tongue. ". Zinna laughs. Upon hearing Sir Leo she looks at him with her hands on her hips. " Is it so amazing that she would wish to speak with me? Humans could learn much from the elves. She granted us passage. The only concession I made was that upon us passing back through here they could keep you Sir Knight for target practice. I thought you wouldn't mind." Zinna giggles.

Looking at the group she addresses them. ". For those of you who can't speak Elvish I convinced her that we have common enemies and seek alliance. She agreed about the common enemies. They are at war with the Orc Bloody Axe tribe. She said upon completion of that unless we stop our assault on the forest they will assault Ckear Creek and raze it to the ground. I think we should head on as quickly as possible to not give her opportunity to change her mind now. I am going to look for my horse which was so rudely chased away. " She grins at them and heads out to look for her horse.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2016 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 48

Leo shakes his head, "I don't ask out of surprise, but rather in hopes of understanding. She sought you out specifically, ignoring all others, it seemed a decision of significance."

After Zinna departs"What's this about an assault on the forest? Have people been attacking the inhabitants?"



Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.