Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 53 of 150

Corren grins at Zinna and says, "Understood." - Page 53 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Nov, 2016 - 11:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

16th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 150 pgs.  49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 33549
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 13th Nov, 2016 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 53

Zinna listens to Carrick speaking to the elf. She studies the elf while listening. There is such a sharp contrast between the Elven Carrick speaks and that the elf speaks. She smiles at this. Carrick sounds dwarvish even while speaking in Elven. Hearing Corren speak to the elf in common she glances at him and to the elf for his reaction. Maybe this would be the chance the party needed to establish good will with the party. She smiles at the elf while waiting on his response.

Sponsored Links:
14th Nov, 2016 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Hearing his companions' input regarding the orc scouts, Carrick looks back toward Jae'dyn, "Hm, me friends 'ere be willin' t' off'r in takin' out any immediate orc threat in 'xchange fer a stay while waitin' fer word from yer counc'l." Carrick then reaches into his coin pouch, "But if that not be 'nuff, what do ye consid'r this be worth?" The dwarf extends his hand out to the elf revealing the strange elven coin.



14th Nov, 2016 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Maker says...

When Corren speaks Jae'dyn glances at him and looks him over giving Corren the impression that he did understand what was said but returns his attention to Carrick and continues speaking in Elvish. The elf takes the coin from Carrick's hand and looks it over, turning it back and forth from front to back several times as he examines it. "Where would you come about this so far east?" he asks "The City of Allranbel is more than a hundred miles from here, well if the trader's I've dealt with are right anyway. I've never been there myself, nor have I met any elves from the great city."

Jae'dyn returns the coin "It holds no value here, but the human's offer might. Durmista is ill equipped to withstand an orc raid and so as you can see we are preparing to flee. The orcs have a tendency to raze any elven structures they come across so to protect the forest our root benders need time to undo the dwellings here. These are living structures and for an elf to know that they have fallen into the hands of savages is almost unbearable; like losing a member of ones family. It is doubtful that the root benders will be able to complete the undoing before the war band arrives. If you are able to give us enough time to withdraw I'm sure it would go a long way in convincing the council that you are worthy of their attention."

Jae'dyn explains that the settlement suffered a probing attack a few days ago and that they are anticipating a larger assault within the next twenty-four hours. Unfortunately they do not have a precise location of the war band but he does give you their last known whereabouts.



14th Nov, 2016 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Page 53 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Carrick puts the coin back into his pouch, "Got it off an orc. It 'ad three of 'em tot'l. But as fer th' ones that be headin' 'ere, it seems that the rest of me cohorts be up fer th' task!"
The dwarf then turns to Corren and relays what Jae'dyn just said then adds, "But if we know they be comin', perhaps we 'old up 'ere an' prepare an ambush?"



Post Date: 14th Nov, 2016 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Corren frowns. "But if we try to set the ambush here, doesn't the defeat the purpose of giving the village inhabitants time to make their preparations and escape? And surely they expect resistance here, since their scouts made contact. I'd feel better about moving in their direction and hopefully finding a good place to lay that ambush. Or maybe offer a few hit-and-run attacks to keep their attention for a day or two." He suddenly blinks and turns to Zinna. "But as this is now your command, I am simply offering advice."

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2016 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

Leo chimes in, "We should be able to establish an ambush point enough away from the village to limit the danger. This remains the one area we know they will be. But it is preferable to to know their specific movements before establishing our plan. They may split their force to assault from more than one direction for instance, in which case we'll wish to engage them out there before they get close. Out group is not large enough to reliably defend more than one approach."

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 14th Nov, 2016 - 9:34pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2016 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 53

Listening to the others she nods. " Yes, we must act away from here to protect the village. Let's prepare to leave quickly. We will head in the direction of the Orc attackers. Let's send out two people ahead to scout quickly. Corren and Carrick, can you scout ahead for us? Find the enemy and learn their numbers, direction they are headed and watch to see if they are splitting up or staying together. The rest of us shall follow behind straight towards the enemy. We will look for good areas for setting up ambushes. Carrick and Corren, please don't be allowed to be engaged by the enemy. This is reconnaissance only. If you are attacked there will be no one around to help you. ".

Zinna studies the others with the hint of a smile on her face. " We can't make final plans without more information. If the numbers are too great we will be better off conducting hit and run attacks to delay. If they are more manageable we can conduct a defensive ambush and try to hold them for a little while. Let us make haste my friends. ". Looking at Carrick and Corren she speaks " be careful you two. Come back to us as soon as you have the information for us. "

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2016 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 53

Corren grins at Zinna and says, "Understood." He turns to Carrick and says, "You're the expert here. I will follow your directions to the best of my ability. Once the horses are rested we should set out."



Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.