Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 65 of 150

Zinna feels dizzy as she is spun into a cocoon. - Page 65 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Dec, 2016 - 10:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

19th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 150 pgs.  61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 33048
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2016 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 65

Corren tries not to scowl. "Take Malek, leading his horse. Once you find something, as long as you are able to find a place to remain hidden, send him back to us so he can lead us to you."

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2016 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

The elf that had been tending to Carrick responds to his query about the Illiosani "They are an aggressive tribe" he says in a matter of fact tone "And they have a fairly unique system of beliefs as far as most other elves are concerned. I know little about it other than the great emphasis that they place on their ancestors. We have heard of the Illiosani offering up their enemies in sacrifice to their ancestors and they are not opposed to enslaving their enemies either, regardless of race. It is possible that your friend has been taken as a sacrificial offering, or perhaps as a slave, maybe even a combination of the two."

Father Marcellus prays over Corren and he too feels the warmth of the priests healing spell which restores 7hp. "Allow me to speak with the council. I will make convincing them to help us find Zinna my first priority. I speak elvish and will not need a translator. Take Leo with you as you will need him more than I will. You have delivered me to Durmista as promised. The other part of your obligation is to assist me in my mission here, and what will assist me the most right now is having Zinna back here with us. So I suggest you rest and recuperate but then go after your friend as soon as possible and let me approach the council."

On the other hand the elves that are there right now refuse to escort or guide anyone without being told to do so by their council. They were ordered to come to your aid and help dispatch the orcs, or at least bleed them and draw them into an ambush, but they express concern about doing anything against the Illiosani or aiding anyone against them without the express command to do so by their council. They state that tensions are already high between the two tribes and escorting or guiding your party to an Illiosani camp that you may potentially attack could spark conflict.

Searching through the pile of loot Carrick discovers coins amounting to about 50gp, several pounds of cooking spices (Mostly found on the goblin corpses) worth another 10gp. The hunched orc had a slightly rusted sickle along with a blowgun and ten darts and a small stone of lapis lazuli worth 10gp that is part of a string necklace. The goblin's were armed with scimitars and short bows, while the orc warriors were armed with great axes and javelins (Each orc had 3 javelins)

Zinna
Adsila holds the bread out in offering for several moments after it is refused before she hands it back to the guard and fixes Zinna with a cold and hard gaze "The ancestors have told us about the kind of peace that we can expect from your people. They have granted our shamans glimpses of what is, what was, and what may be. We are not the first elves that your people have had contact with. No Zinnathyra, there can be no peace between us. You say that you respect my people and our ways, yet you know nothing of us or our ways. If you truly do respect our ways then you will accept what must come and you will offer no resistance."

Adsila waves the two guards over and they approach Zinna and pull her up roughly under her arms to a standing position, at this point she realizes that she has been stripped down to little more than a simple silk robe or tunic that is open at the sides. She can still feel her side aching and there are dozens of small puncture marks running up and down both her sides, though the marks are not bleeding. Adsila motions to something to the side and the guards begin to take Zinna toward another elf woman dressed in armor similar to Adsila's who is standing next to a giant spider, the size of a horse.

"Do not fear, you will feel no pain" Adsila continues "You should take this opportunity to rest. You will be taken to a nearby camp until you are ready to return for your next session. Attempts at escape are ill advised… confinement in one of our strider's cocoons has been known to drive people to insanity, and I don't imagine you want to spend anymore time there than you have to."

As the guards bring Zinna closer to the large spider she sees the spider positioning itself to wrap her into a cocoon of webbing. Adsila sighs softly "Understand Zinnathyra, it is not personal… it's about ensuring the survival of our people here today, those that have come before, and those who will come tomorrow. You have a strong spirit, and you are a leader among your people; that is why you are chosen. The ancestors require strong spirits, one untainted as an orc or a goblins spirit would be. We will talk again soon… in the meantime rest and regain your strength.



Post Date: 9th Dec, 2016 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Corren does not bother to hide his exasperation, though whether it is just the circumstances or something else that causes him to sigh loudly is unclear. He turns to the leader of the elves. "Then it is decided for us. Please escort this man," and gestures at the Father, "To your Council. He can speak as much or as little as they see fit. Hopefully we will be able to join you." He turns to the rest of the group. "As soon as everyone has their wind and wits about them, we shall set out after Zinna. Oh, Carrick, I'll take the spices you found. I pray I get the chance to prepare a celebratory feast." Once again he looks to the elf. "Can you at least point us towards their camp? After all, they were more than willing to let the orcs and goblins raid your village. I'd say turnabout is fair play, after all."

Out of Character: : With the HP dice back, the aid from the Father has Corren full up. I will roll a Persuasion to get some directions from the elves.

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2016 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 65 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Mradoric slowly gets up and still leans heavy upon his staff. "I am ready to go when you are ready so we can head out."

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2016 - 4:48am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Zinna feels air brushing her skin on her sides as she is pulled up. She notices what she is wearing and then the puncture wounds. Her eyes widen at the sight. She recoils mentally from the horror of the situation. Where are the others? Why hasn't Corren come? What if they can't find her? What if they can't track them? These are elves after all. These jumbled thoughts race through her mind. She feels like she has been here for days on end in her anguished mental state. Irrationally she grows angry at the group. They should have been here. Maybe they aren't coming. The all important mission has to be competed. She thinks about how serious Corren is about being impartial. She is going to die here all alone. Tears well up in her eyes.

Zinna looks at Adsila hearing her speak. " I had nothing to do with the sins of my people. I have harvested no trees or helped people do that. Why would I willingly allow myself to die? No one would. How does my death help the Iliosani? " As she is basically being half carried towards the giant spider she begins to struggle to free herself from the two guards. She looks at Adsila. " Please… Not this. Please. I.... Am.. Terrified of spiders. I won't be able to handle being cocooned like that. I won't try to escape. Tie me up if you wish instead. " She looks at Adsila with pleading eyes. " Please… no. "

9th Dec, 2016 - 6:07am / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

The wise says...

Malek gets to his feet and gathers his belongings. Next he prepares his horse for the journey ahead to find the missing bard. Whispering under his breath "When did I become a glorified messenger oh tell malek he will return and let us know" they have no idea how long I've studied the arts. Speaking up this time "Well is it decided do we leave immediately to find your friend Zinna or do we continue to talk" with that he climbs into the saddle and points the horse in the direction of the battle with the orcs and goblins.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Dec, 2016 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 65

The Maker says...

Scouring the site of the battle, Carrick is able to locate Zinna’s last known location and he is able to follow a fairly clear trail for a good two hundred yards before the trail left by Zinna’s body being dragged suddenly disappears although he does find wisps of webbing along the ground near where Zinna was apparently dropped. I rolled an Insight check DC 12 for Carrick to determine if he may have heard rumor, or have some form of knowledge of the Illiosani using giant spiders as mounts, transport, etc. And rolled a 14 so Carrick would have some idea of how Zinna was taken from the scene. Brandonfett is free to elaborate on how Carrick would have that knowledge.

Carrick will need to make a tracking/survival check to continue tracking the elves; they are very difficult to track though and your DC is 17. The elves are pretty good at misdirection, but then Carrick is not a stranger to tracking elusive creatures. If Carrick were to fail the roll it would not mean that he fails to track them as that would slow the game down significantly since there would be no way other than the use of a Deus Ex Machina to get the party where they need to be for the story to continue. Failure will result in a complication, barrier, or hazard that the party will be forced to overcome.

Zinna

Zinna’s pleading go unheard and the giant spider launches its webbing and quickly follows up by grasping onto Zinna and spinning her into a tightly formed cocoon. Zinna remains conscious and aware as she is lifted up and eventually placed on the spider’s back. “We don’t want to kill you” Adsila assures Zinna “it may feel that way, and certainly you will come close to death but the ancestors gain more by keeping you alive so that you can feed them… hopefully for years to come.” Zinna feels that she is moving quickly as she is taken by the spider in an unknown direction.



Post Date: 9th Dec, 2016 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 65

Zinna feels dizzy as she is spun into a cocoon. She screams in horror. There isn't a lot of oxygen getting into the webbing. Zinna panics and struggles wildly against the webbing. The webbing doesn't budge and she seems even more tightly wrapped now. She feels herself being lifted up and placed on the spider. Hearing Adsela's words about them not wanting to kill her doesn't help matters. Did she say for years? Years? She trembles in terror. Zinna has never experienced anything close to this desperate. I'm too weak now to escape. I can't overcome them. My friends either aren't coming, coming later or can't find the way. She thinks again about the Iliosani's woodcraft. Not even Carrick will be able to follow that trail.

Feeling like she can't get enough air Zinna almost hyperventilates. A feeling of absolute hopelessness washes over her. She will die here. Either soon or years from now after becoming nothing but a husk. Irrational thoughts enter her panicked mind again. Clear Creek. They did this to her. Here she was trying to help them and they had gotten greedy and plundered the forest. Now she would have to pay for their wrongdoing. This didn't make sense. She shook her head. It was the elves' fault. No. Who could blame them. They are only protecting their domain. She trembles in fear. Zinna wanted out of this. The thought of being trapped here for years being slowly drained of her life energy was more than she could handle. I know what to do she thinks. They may take my life force but they won't have me for years. No not that. I will stop eating. They can't make me eat. I will rob them of my life force. It's all I can do. Zinna cries in helplessness.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 9th Dec, 2016 - 10:03pm



Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.