Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 70 of 150

Zinna seizes mentally onto the hope offered - Page 70 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Dec, 2016 - 7:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

13th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 150 pgs.  66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 33525
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
21st Dec, 2016 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 70

The wise says...

Malek watches corren gather and stack the wood for the camp fire and once again he just snaps his fingers and the tinder comes to life with flame. "I hope you don't mind I guess I should have asked if you wanted help with the fire". Once that is complete he unrolls his bedroll and finds his waterskin and takes a long drink. He settles in to watch the out skirts of the camp while the young monk patrols the edges. "What's for supper corren, I am almost out of rations which is a good thing. I don't think I will ever get use to them". Hopefully the small talk will distract him from thinking of Zinna for a little bit.



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2016 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Zinna's eyes widen and she grows a little pale hearing what the risk of trying to escape might mean. " Lorilys, that is beyond horrible. What kind of elves would do this? " She looks thoughtful for a moment. " I don't know if I should ask you to help then. In the event we fail you will get a worse punishment than I since you have attempted to escape previously." The redhead shakes her head. " I can't believe that some of these fellow captives would do that. What about our friendly Orc? Do you think we could trust him?"

Seeing Lorilys tense up before answering Zinna looks at the tall Elven stranger approaching. Hearing them converse in Elven she just stands there smiling acting as if she doesn't understand what they are saying. When the elf wanders off she looks at Lorilys. " Traitor? What did he do to you?" Did he betray you during a previous escape attempt?"

Out of Character: : I will work on Sir Leo's fey dream later tonight when I have time.

21st Dec, 2016 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Maker says...

Lorilys sighs "Yes, a couple of months ago Aymar and I plotted an escape with a handful of others, mostly elves from surrounding tribes. But he turned us in, led us right to some Illiosani guards and handed us over. He's been rewarded with extra rations and only periodic trips to the Tree. Now he keeps an eye on the other prisoners and reports to the Illiosani. Be wary… he is skilled in the art of stealth and you never know when he or the network of spies among the prisoners who work for him are listening in."

Lorilys guides Zinna to a cluster of boulders arranged in such a way to act as seats. Sitting on one of the smaller ones she motions for Zinna to sit. "My caravan traveled throughout many realms and one thing I've learned is that it doesn't matter whether you are dealing with orcs or men, elves, or dwarves, there is darkness in all of us; some more than others. The Illiosani have always been aggressive though… more so than nearly any other elven tribe with the exception of maybe the Dark Elves of Ishelon. And their aggression has only gotten worse over the years. Some suggest that this may be somehow connected to the sacrifices that they make to the ancestors, and that in sacrificing highly aggressive creatures like orcs and goblins their energies have somehow altered or influenced the ancestors over time. All speculation of course.

In any event, as far as Oomigig goes… well, he is an orc and they aren't know as the most trustworthy types. Is he likely to sell you out to the Illiosani? No, he hates them I think more than anyone else in this cavern, but his instinct, like most orcs, is to dominate and destroy. He's not above reason but he will kill you in a heartbeat, especially if he thinks that it will put him into a position of authority. You really should rest for now though as much as you can before they come for you again."

Lorlys stands up and stretches making her look even thinner than she already looks and with a yawn she bids Zinna farewell and tells her that she will see her again after her next session and maybe they can formulate some sort of plan then.



Post Date: 21st Dec, 2016 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 70 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Leo hands a few days worth of rations to the wizard, "Try to preserve these this time Malek, those should be saved for when one can find nothing else."

Leo goes off a ways and pulls a slim, well worn, volume from his pack. It is an abridged copy of the Codex of Light. The paladin seeks solace in its words, something he's had little of late. Something seems… broken about the world he thought he knew, the words on the pages before him hollow.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 4:10am

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2016 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Leo goes off a ways and pulls a slim, well worn, volume from his pack. It is an abridged copy of the Codex of Light. The paladin seeks solace in its words, something he's had little of late. Something seems… broken about the world he thought he knew, the words on the pages before him hollow. He reads several pages them dozes off. His eyes pop open as he realizes he fell asleep. Checking the codex of Light to see if no pages are damaged he relaxes as it is fine. Something seems off about camp. He looks around and sees that no one is on watch. They are all asleep. He jumps up quickly in worry.

When he had been reading the Codex of Light there had been sounds of nature around him. Now it was deathly quiet. Jumping up he tries to wake the others by calling out. No one responds. Malek and Mradoric are slumped over in sleep. They continue sleeping but appear unharmed. Sir Leo reaches for his sword when he sees movement out of the corner of his eye. Whirling around with sword drawn his mind reels. Standing there before him is a truly beautiful creature. She looked to be a little shorter than 5 feet tall but her presence was overwhelming. Her pale skin gleamed in the light as did her long silver hair. She appeared to be wearing a beautiful, ornate dress made of leaves. It made no noise as she walked. The woman appeared to almost glide across the clearing and not walk. He tries to raise his sword in alarm. She just says ... "Shh it is okay brave paladin. " Her words sound as the music of moving water and rustling tree branches. He freezes in place. She walks up to him and places her hand on his hand holding the sword. " I'm your friend Sir Leo. I know you seek meaning in this world. I know that you feel something changing. You are needed my Green Knight. The humans moving into the forest are destroying my trees and taking the homes of my followers. I know the humans mean no harm but great harm is being done. By doing this they are weakening my powers. This is jeopardizing the balance that has been in existence for thousands of years. There is great evil in this world. The evil will fill the void as I grow weakened. You must help me. By helping me you help the humans as well. They do not know what they are tampering with here. I will send word to you in the future. You must serve me when called my brave one. Your reward will be… great. " She caresses his cheek gently then walks across the clearing and disappears into the darkness.

Only after she is gone is he able to move. He can still feel where her hand caressed his cheek. The sounds of nature return. He should tell the others. Sir Leo looks to Malek and Mradoric. They are standing there on watch. They were just asleep weren't they? Did it even happen? Was it a dream? Sir Leo is shaken by the event. He cannot forget the beauty of the pale maiden or the heat of her touch. It certainly feels like it happened to him. His brow wrinkles as he thinks of what he should do.

Out of Character: : I used part of your last post to segue into the dream/vision. I hope that is okay Daishain. I based her off of Titania Queen of the Seelie Fey. I don't have a different name for her yet. Fell free to name her in your description Daishain.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 25th Dec, 2016 - 9:59pm

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2016 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

Leo stands still for quite some time, trying to collect his thoughts. Was it a figment, a trick? His cheeks colored as he decided it was real enough, whatever it was. He can still feel her presence, the aura she radiated was like nothing he'd sensed before. While unlike that of the celestial beings sometimes called by senior priests, it contained none of the acrid stench he's sensed from servants of the destroyer, nor the foulness found in unclean spirits and the physical forms they sometimes inhabit.

Her presence was very strong, and felt like… life itself, pure and unbridled, it made him want to dance with joy, and then left him feeling empty when she departed. That was certainly no servant of the Enemy. But did that make her an ally? He suspected he would find out soon enough.

The paladin shakes himself, and tries to nonchalantly return to his resting position. Talking of it now would do nothing but disturb the others, he knew nothing of certainty, much less use. He needed time to think regardless.

______________________________________________________________________

Zinnathrya is still half asleep when they come for her again. The experience of being bound by the giant insect is no less terrifying the second time around. The fear chases the bard into the dark corners of her mind. Darkness within to match darkness without.

Time passes, and even the moving sensation of being hauled through the trees fades. It might be minutes, or it might be years before there is a change. Warm light slowly fades in at the edges of her senses. Colors blend together until she finds herself looking up at a field of blue. She blinks, and suddenly there is a woman standing above her. "Come child, walk with me."

Zinnathrya stands, somewhat awkwardly, and finds herself in an unusual landscape. It looks like a forest grove, complete with a babbling stream, and a deer grazing off in the distance, but the scene lacks truly fine details. Everything looks as if it was painted, painted by an artist with skill and an eye for beauty and somehow able to move, but painted nonetheless. Only the bard's own form and that of the mysterious woman seem truly real. The latter is quite short, but would dominate any room Zinna has been in. She carries herself with a royal demeanor, and possesses an ethereal beauty that no mortal could achieve.

Zinna tries to speak, but nothing comes out, the creature before her seems to understand nonetheless, "No child, you are not dead, nor have you been freed by some other means. I simply thought this place would be more comfortable for us to discuss matters."

"Those who hold you have chosen to upset the balance, in defiance of my laws. They play with forces they do not understand, and now invite the ruin of us all by provoking your kind to action. Ah, but I see an opportunity here, and an amusing one it is at that. I invite you to become a daughter of mine. This offer comes with a boon of strength, strength that you will need to escape the fate so many others have been subjected to."

"Ah, but there is always a price is there not? We can discuss that later. For now, think on it. Oh and, do try to hold onto your sanity dear one, this is not going to be pleasant."

Jolted back to reality, Zinnathrya finds herself on the stone slab once more, with several elves standing around her. Roots block her vision as they close in…

______________________________________________________________________

Out of Character: No problems with the segue, I'd intended for that passage to be a possible lead in. I didn't name her either, I felt it might be best if she remains unnamed for now. I have to admit to agonizing over this scene, the fey are tough to portray in a sane manner.

P.S. Anyone else, feel free to 'catch' Leo trying to avoid conversation, he was standing there like a poleaxed cow for a bit, not exactly subtle. :D.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Dec, 2016 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 70

The Maker says...

The initial pain is intense as the vines enter Zinna's body and seem to worm and tear their way into her spine but the pain ceases suddenly and she finds herself back at the elven tree. The heavy fog remains and blots out the sun casting the area in a perpetual grey. A soft breeze courses through air around Zinna.

Standing next to the tree is an elf man, his body semi-transparent glowing a pale green. He is gaunt and he stares at you with hollow, lifeless eyes while sections of his skin seem to have fallen away exposing his rib cage. A woman's voice reverberates out of the fog "You may feed Ygrasiln"

The elf reaches out to touch the tree and as he does so Zinna feels her chest tighten, though not nearly to the extent that it did during her last interaction with the ancestor. A blue tinted energy flows from the tree into the elf and as it does so the missing patches of skin begin to close up.

"Thats enough!"

The elf's hand falls away and Zinna's sense of discomfort ceases. "Go" the womans voice echos and the elf male turns and disappears into the curtain of fog. Araiel emerges and takes her place next to the tree, she caresses it and gently pulls more energy from Zinna causing only slight discomfort.

"You see Zinnathrya" she says in a gentle tone "This need not be a painful or terribly unpleasant experience" but her forehead suddenly furrows after a moment of absorbing the energy and she gives Zinna a wary look "I do not remember feeling her taint the last time we met… I never would have considered that she would have anything to do with your kind, especially after what happened to the E'ranlean."

Araiel slowly shakes her head in disapproval "No matter, her interference will be dealt with. In the meantime you and I should get to know each other. Please, tell me about yourself… I'm curious" Araiel's hand moves back up to the tree and Zinna once again feels a slight tightening of her chest as small amounts of energy are slowly drained.



Post Date: 28th Dec, 2016 - 7:17am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 70

Zinna seizes mentally onto the hope offered by the beautiful creature. She feels the roots digging into her sides in agonizing pain but she doesn't fully feel it. Her mind is still remembering what she just experienced. There is no doubt at all with her. Of course she will accept. No matter the cost. What choice does she have? She can't count on anyone else to free her.

As her eyes fall upon the ancient, decaying elf male Zinna retreats mentally. The whole situation is too much for her to deal with. Her heart hurts from the energy being siphoned from her. She wonders what kind of long term damage this will do to her if she survives.

Zinna relaxes as the siphoning stops for a moment. She hears Araiel speaking to her. Zinna wonders when she mentions a taint from her that will need to be dealt with. She considers whether the ancient elf is referring to the beautiful creature that was speaking to her in that unnatural location earlier. She must be. Zinna couldn't wait to accept her offer but knew for know she had to act defeated.

Zinna tries to smile. " Yes, Araiel, we should get to know each other. I'm sorry that I haven't been more accepting of this great honor. We humans are slow to understand things sometimes. It is much more important to keep the ancestors lives going than mine. You have been alive hundreds of years. I'm only 18. Nothing much will be lost with my death. With the death of the ancestors much history and knowledge will be gone. I realize this and am glad to sacrifice my life for you. " Zinna then begins to fill her in on the basics of her childhood and her bardic career. She tells about the current mission with her party but doesn't mention anything else about them. Zinna doesn't want to give the ancient elf more knowledge to use against her friends than she has to.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 28th Dec, 2016 - 7:19am



Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.