Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 78 of 150

Carrick brings his knife around and cuts deep - Page 78 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jan, 2017 - 1:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

15th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 150 pgs.  74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 33542
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2017 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 78

Out of Character: Goofed up on my unarmed attack rolls. Here are the corrected rolls as they are a d4 not a d20.

Sponsored Links:
15th Jan, 2017 - 5:24am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

Zinna
The guards initial reaction upon Zinna's display is to draw his sword and take a step forward "Luvon" he says "What's going on?" As Zinna continues her performance the elf looks uncertain at first but then begins to resoulutely march toward her.

"Luvon! Remember Adsila! Have your fun but don't harm her lest you bring the wrath of the Ancestors!" The guard moves quickly around the corner and runs into Ooomigig's blade which is driven into his gut. The elf's eyes go wide as he looks up at the orc and then over at Zinna with a look of confusion. He falls to the ground dropping his sword and clutching at his wound. He begins pushing his feet out in an attempt to move back away from Oomigig and regain his footing.

The elf throws up his hand "Wait!" he pleads "Don't kill me, please!"

-------

The spider at the rear of the column grabs Malek who is securely wrapped in a cocoon of webbing, and flees down the corridor away from the party disappearing into the darkness. Carrick takes a shot at the spider as it flees but his arrow sails past and ricochets off the cavern wall harmlessly (If he looks for it later the shaft is broken; deduct one arrow from your inventory).

The other spider comes around the corner, its legs making faint clicking sounds on the cavern floor it bears down on Carrick and bites him for 5hp while the rider drives her spear at Carrick as well but as she drives it forward Carrick jukes to the left and deftly strikes the spear with his forearm snapping it!

Corren is unable to find anywhere to hide in the confined corridor which is now fairly well let between the torch that Mradoric had lit and dropped onto the floor and the illuminated pebble but he is able to get in a strike with his rapier, cutting into the spider's thorax. The spider that was immediately in front of Leo having fled, the paladin refocuses his attention to the remaining spider he thrusts his glaive at the spider but it glances off the spiders exoskeleton; Leo then follows up with a strike on the heel of his galive and hears a slight crack as it connects to the spiders head!

Mradoric also moves back to meet the remaining spider now that his first target is gone he brings his quarter staff onto the creatures Thorax but the blow is absorbed by the spiders thick exoskeleton. He follows up with a flurry of blows that do elicit a satisfying crack, however. The spider's legs nearly buckle under the assault but it staggers and stays on its feet though blood has begun to pool on the ground beneath it!

Out of Character: : Leo's only rolled a D2 for his bonus damage (Which was the only attack that hit, he doesn't get the AOO attack because he entered the threat range to attack the spider rather than the spider entering his range) so I manually rolled a D4 and rolled a 4 so he hit for 7hp. A lot of rolls and rerolls from people so it was kindof hard to keep it organized but I think I have it figured out correctly.

If I am reading the PHB correctly as it relates to the Monk Mradoric can make an attack action (Which he did and missed) and then he can take a bonus unarmed strike action (That one hit; 18 and he can roll a d4 as opposed to just taking 1 plus strength so he did 3hp damage) he then used Ki to make two more unarmed strikes (One missed and one hit for 5h) so a total of 8hp damage done. Again, a lot of rolls and then some rerolls to contend with and sort out. I had rolls being made in the main thread and in the support thread, I understand why it was done but it does cause a bit of chaos so please try and roll correctly the first time (I admit that I am bad at this myself in the games that I'm involved in as a player so I definitely understand) But please keep the rolls to a minimum; one round at a time please unless I ask for more.

I know everyone wants to get their actions out there but sometimes, given the initiative order things may have changed from one round to the next and the action that you intended to take is no longer valid or relevant so keep that in mind when posting out of initiative order; I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying that if you do and the situation changes I may have to adjust your actions like I did with Leo since his target was no longer available.

Attached Image Edited: Aericsteele on 15th Jan, 2017 - 5:26am



15th Jan, 2017 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Carrick was too slow and the bulk of the spider plows into the dwarf, sinking its fangs into flesh like two daggers. The speed of the spider was underestimated and the gap being closed between it and Carrick makes ranged combat not very viable.
The dwarf drops his bow and pulls out his skinning knife and slashes at the face of the spider.

Carrick Granitebranch Results:
  • Attack on D20 (+4): 23 (1 roll)
  • Damage on D4 (+2): 4 (1 roll)


Post Date: 15th Jan, 2017 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 78 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Zinna watches with satisfaction as the other elf guard is stabbed by Oomigig. She can breathe again now that the plan had worked. The bard, hearing the elf beg for his life holds up her hand to Oomigig. " Please don't kill him Oomigig. He can help us. " She hoped he would listen. It was not as if she had much power over the orc. Zinna addresses the elf " Why should we let you live? You and your vile kindred have imprisoned many against their will and stolen their life force. You had better offer something very useful to us to be spared. " She looks thoughtful for a moment. " How do we pass those thorns in the doorway? What other things should we know about as we leave from here?" As she listens for his answer she takes the elf's short sword and smiles.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Jan, 2017 - 2:35pm

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2017 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Mradoric will focus on the remaining spider and the elf riding it to make sure they are out of the picture before we head back looking for our taken member Malik.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2017 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

Seeing the others targeting the spider, Corren shifts the focus of his attack to its elf rider. His rapier drives forward towards the spearman's exposed leg…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2017 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 78

Leo presses in close and swings hard. Trying to ensure the foe had no good targets other than him.

Out of Character: Targeting spider first.

17th Jan, 2017 - 1:44am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 78

The Maker says...

Carrick brings his knife around and cuts deep across the spiders face spraying blood, the spider staggers for a moment and then collapses dead. The mounted Illiosani flips forward gracefully and pulls a dagger from her belt swiping at Carrick. The blade cuts into Carricks armor but fails to penetrate or cause any damage. Corren's rapier pierces the elfs side and she grimaces in pain just in time for Leo's glaive to slice downward and cleave her head diagonally; her body crumples to the cavern floor lifeless.

-----------------

The elf continues to try and push himself backwards after Zinna takes his sword "No, I can help..the doorway I can open it.... Please!" Something moves quickly out of the corner of Zinna's eye and suddenly Lorilys rushes past Zinna and drives something that she clutches in her hand into the elfs neck. She does this repeatedly, over and over as she growls in fury. The elf coughs and gurgles, spitting up blood before his eyes roll to the back of his head and his body goes limp.

Lorilys stands, breathing heavily, she drops what looks like a sharpened bloody piece of wood, little more than a shank. Blood drips to the ground from an open cut on her hand. For a moment she just stands there staring at the elf panting, trying to compose herself. Finally she looks up to Zinna "We don't need him to open the door" she says and motions to the thorns. A rainbow of glitter or some sort of glittery dust falls as if out of nowhere and the thorns slowly part and reveal a deep dark tunnel.

Lorilys looks back to the body of the elf "I'm sorry… " she stammers "I just… the things they've done." To me… to all of us,the things I've had to do… " tears begin to stream down her cheeks as she looks up to Zinna. She has the appearance of a small lost child.





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.