Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 82 of 150

Lorily's eyes fill with tears and - Page 82 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 10:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

20th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 150 pgs.  78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 33065
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
20th Jan, 2017 - 6:39am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 82

The Maker says...

The journey out of the tunnels takes several more hours as the group is forced to reroute a few times to avoid Illiosani patrols but eventually the party emerges in a small grove. Parsnip is the first out and he flutters about excitedly "We made it!" he exclaims wildly "And with everyone intact!"

Just as the last member of the party emerges though the party hears a sudden twang followed by a thwap! Parsnip is impaled by an arrow and is now lodged in a nearby tree, his body limp. From the trees the party hears a familiar voice… Adsila

"Very nice display Zinnathrya, I am impressed, truly I am but its time to go home now."

At the moment the party sees only trees, leaves and foliage unable to pinpoint Adsila or her scouts. Fizzle emits a gut wrenching screech of despair seeing her brother impaled. Lorily's eyes are wide with fear and uncertainty and Oomigig turns about, his sword raised, trying desperately to find somone to strike but he grunts in frustration at not being able to find them.

Out of Character: : If I could get perception checks from everyone please and we may as well roll initiative as well.



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2017 - 8:49am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Corren's eyes dart about, glad his rapier is already to hand. Once he has a basic idea of where the enemy is, he will break for the thick foliage, hoping to get into cover.

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2017 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Zinna crouches down in fear hearing Adsila. " No, it can't be. I'm not going back. Not going back. " Rage begins filling her now as she looks about for the wood elf. She looks at Oomigig and Lorilys. " We get to kill more of them now. Let's finish this. I'm not going back in that hole. I know you don't have a weapon Lorilys. You might want to hide somewhere during this. "

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2017 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 82 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

(If the horses are nearby enough to be reached under the circumstances) "Oomigig, there's a maul strapped to my saddlebags over there, take it and use it well."

He'll scan the environs as best he can, "We need to nullify their advantage by any means possible, or we'll just be picked off. Any suggestions?"

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 20th Jan, 2017 - 2:27pm

20th Jan, 2017 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

As they exit the tunnels back out into the open forest, Carrick stows his axe and knife, "Ah, that be bett'r! Should be no problem gettin' back… " his words cut short by the distinct "Knock" sound of an arrow lodging itself into a tree. As the dwarf sees that pinned to the tree by that arrow is little Parsnip, and the disembodied voice speaking at Zinna, Carrick draws his bow and begins methodically scanning the trees from whence the arrow came.

Carrick Granitebranch Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 19 (1 roll)
  • Initiative (adv) on D20 (+2): 18 (1 roll)


Post Date: 20th Jan, 2017 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

Mradoric looks around when he hear the voice. HE hopes he can spot and possibly attack one of these elves.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2017 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 82

Zinna glances around still scanning for the elves. " We need them out of the trees where we can get at them. " She looks to Lorilys. " Any ideas Lorilys? If anyone knows it would be you. "

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 20th Jan, 2017 - 2:48pm

22nd Jan, 2017 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 82

The Maker says...

Lorily's eyes fill with tears and she slumps to the forest floor on her knees taking on a thousand yard stare she says nothing and fails to respond to Zinna's query as the tears begin to stream down her face. The members of the party look about frantically as they all move to find cover, with the exception of Lorily's, who continues to sit on the forest floor in the open and Oomigig who stands boldly in the grove challenging the elves to show themselves and fight him one on one. It is obvious that Adsila is not alone, yet no one seems able to spot her or her elves at this point.

"Surrender" Adsila call out, "And we will end your companions lives quickly as a mercy. Resist, and your friends will join you as slaves to the Ancestors!"

Out of Character: : Regarding stealth I think that I'm going to handle it that once an attack is made, in general, the attacker is no longer hidden. The problem is that certain classes and monsters are able to stealth as a bonus action (Like Corren's Cunning Action), and wood elves have Mask of the Wild which allows them to hide even when only lightly obscured. Even without Cunning Action Adsila's scouts are difficult to deal with because they can essentially use an attack action and then use a hide action to avoid being seen so if they attack the characters may know their general location after they do attack but they are basically concealed so attacks against them are very difficult. Even if a character was able to spot one or more of them they can simply use a hide action again on their next turn. I'm trying to figure out how to handle this without having to roll a bunch of opposed perception/stealth checks each round although that may be what has to occur because Adsila's scouts are not direct engagement types, they definitely take advantage of the fact that stealth is really their forte and they use it to make hit and run attacks that widdle down their opponents. We may have to roll perception, attack rolls and damage each round to find out if a character is able to spot an enemy and if they do spot them, whether they are able to make a successful attack against them. Unless anyone has another suggestion on how to handle it?





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.