Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 10 of 150

Giving a once more go around the perimeter - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jul, 2016 - 3:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

13th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 150 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (150) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2016 - 8:37am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 10

Seeing that the barn is empty, Roland slowly approaches the horses filling of water the bowls, trying to calm them.
Sheathing the sword Roland gently pets the closest horse "Calm, calm, we're not here to harm you"

Sponsored Links:
24th Jul, 2016 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Easing his tension a bit as he sees there seems to be no immediate threat to Aves and Roland in the barn, nor does there appear to be any danger coming from the cottage, Carrick begins to scout out around the farm. He moves at steady pace as he takes in all of his surroundings. Not walking far enough away from the farm to lose any visability of it through the fog, but far enough out to perhaps hear or see someone or something that might be further out of the sight of those still back at the farm.

Carrick Granitebranch Results:
  • Stealth on D20 (+4): 22 (1 roll)
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 11 (1 roll)

25th Jul, 2016 - 4:30am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Maker says...

Climbing through the window Corren examines the cloth on the floor and sees that it does appear to be the remains of a pillow. The feathers scattered about are small and the pillow may very well be their source. Corren sees that there is a series of tears in the pillow case.

Mradoric and Zinnathyra move about the cottage and they do indeed notice that there is some blood splatter, primarily on the wall and floor of the common area/hearth, but it hardly seems to be enough blood to suggest that anyone was seriously injured or killed here.

Zinnathyra enters the smaller room and meets Corren. She looks under the bed and sees nothing at first but then notices that there is a hole under the bed; it’s not very large, perhaps big enough for a child to sqeeze into though. And as if to confirm this she sees the top of a head topped with light blonde hair appear and shortly after a set of eyes.

A small boy, visibly shaking, peers at Zinnathyra with large blue eyes. (Make a diplomacy check if you want to coax the boy out; or you may attempt an intimidate check with disadvantage)

Roland goes back and forth from the barn to a nearby well where he gathers water in a bucket and goes about filling the horses water buckets. The horses thirstily lap up the water but continue to shift about restlessly and with obvious trepidation despite his efforts to calm them.

Carrick is only able to move maybe a fifty to seventy-five yards away from the farmstead before he fears losing sight of it due to the fog and mist but doing so he does not see or hear anything.

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2016 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Zinna gasps when the small boy raises up and looks at her from out of the hole. She smiles joyfully and calls out softly " Corren. " Zinna sheaths her rapier. She lies down near the hole and begins speaking softly and kindly to the boy. " Hi there little one. It is ok. We aren't here to harm you. We came from the town to check on your farm and on you. Please come out. I swear to you that we are here to help and will let nothing or no one harm you. " Her green eyes shine as she looks at the young boy.

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2016 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Hearing Zinnathyra talking to a person after crawling half under the bed Mradoric sighs in relief. Maybe we can find out what happened here from the mouth of a child.

Mradoric will head outside and tell the others we have a survivor in the house.

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2016 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Corren turns and says softly to Zinna, "I'll leave this to you. Let me get to work." The young man stands up and begins straightening the common room somewhat. He rights the chairs, gets a bit of a fire going in the wood-burning stove, then checks the pantry supplies. Between what is there, and what he has in his own pack, he begins to make some simple fare. He talks to himself out loud.

"I'm sure our new friend is pretty hungry. I'll make us all something to eat. A simple veggie stew should go down well, don't you think?" It is unclear if he is addressing Zinna, the boy, or even himself at this point. "There is nothing like a home-cooked meal, is there? And with the herbs from Momma Dayna's herb garden, everything tastes better. Trust me." He sprinkles some herbs from his cooking kit into the pot, and then turns to both Zinna and the boy. "Momma Dayna's me mum. And nothing makes her happier than when hungry people enjoy her food. 'Hunger makes the best sauce,' she likes to say. She was the first person to teach me to cook." A quick grin crosses his face. "You'd like her, I bet. She makes great biscuits, too."

As things come together, the aroma of food begins to waft through the air. "Zinna, would you care to provide us with something light and cheery? I think some music might be the only way to improve this meal."

Out of Character: : If the boy has not come out, Corren is hoping the scent of food helps lure him out. If he is out, it should help relax/calm him. If the Dungeon Master wishes, I can make a cooking roll of some form. If so, let me know what kind of check it is. INT? Wisdom? Charisma?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2016 - 4:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 10

"Well, at least they won't die", somewhat disappointed Roland leaves the barn joining with Corren. "How's going in the house? Where's Carrick?"

27th Jul, 2016 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Giving a once more go around the perimeter of the farm and feeling satisfied there's no immediate threat that he can see, Carrick sees smoke begin to rise from the chimney of the cottage.
"Hm, s'ppose there be nothin' 'ere." He whispers to himself and heads back to toward the front door.
He enters the cottage and sees Corren stoking the fire in the stone hearth and Roland near the door,
"Ah, guess we could warm up a bit an' let this fog clear a lit'le b'fer 'eadin' on. Gave th' farm a good once over an' it don't 'ppear anythin' be amiss. What's this th' lad be sayin' of someone in 'ere?"

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 27th Jul, 2016 - 3:31pm

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.