Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Questions And Support

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D Rpg Questions - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2016 - 11:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 
Closed
All Questions about this specific RPG should go here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2016 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

[Game Mechanics]

Thieve's Cant, is the spoken language amongst you and your friends and your families, common is the standard language on Shrouded Isle. When you wish to convey messages to others using Thieve's Cant, simply type INTC before the message you wish to send. Thieve's can't is not a language used for telling stories, but for very direct and specific information. (Third Man from the Left. I distract you get his money.) (22JUL2015) -MS

Target Number (TN) and die results. If you are actively using a skill you should have a worthwhile outcome. In Dungeons & Dragons a rolled 1 on a d20 normally indicates a failure. A rolled 20 indicates an incredible success. Successfully rolling a TN or above marks a success. We will be playing with +/- 5 from TN as well.

** A 1 on a d20 states very little success, with major setback or disadvantage.
** -5 from a TN states some success, with minor setback or disadvantage.
** Roll the TN states basic success, no complications and no bonuses.
** +5 to a TN states better success, with minor boost or advantage.
** A 20 on a d20 states the best possible success, with major boost or advantages.

The exact nature of setbacks, disadvantages, boosts and advantages will be open to discussion and player and GM discussion. (22JUL2015) -MS

*Skill Use Multiple uses of a particular skill by a player during a scene where the GM has not specified the rolls, will result in no further insight or action. (25AUG2016) -MS

Passive and Active Actions most skills and general actions are assumed to be in the passive state, meaning you can use them by just stating, "I am looking down the street." The information gathered or actions performed are at half value, meaning that more could be gathered by stating more specifically what it is you want to do. (22JUL2015) -MS

Training Points As characters are before class training and level 0, Training Points (TP) allow for characters to improve abilities and skills through use.

** GM will record TRAINING POINTS under GAME MASTER'S NOTES.
** When a Player is ready to use TPs, he will post to the CHARACTER CREATION Thread. List current TPs available and the TPs to be used and what is to be trained.
** Abilities cost four times (X4) the Ability Score to be Raised.
** Skills cost two times (X2) the Skill Score to be Raised.
** A new skill requires training from someone who knows. Be sure to ask around The Warehouse and Dock first. (23JUL2016) -MS

*[TIMES and SEASONS] 8SEPT2016 -MS

The Shrouded Isle story as recorded by Dabius and several others, utilizes a 24 hour clock. The Calendar consists of 366 days divided into 13 months with the Seventh and Thirteenth having 29.

*Times
12 am (Midnight) - Deep Dark (-6)
1 am - Thinning Veil minus Five (-5)
2 am (-4)
3 am (-3)
4 am (-2)
5 am (-1)
6 am - Thinning Veil (0)
7 am - Unveiled plus One (+1)
8 am (+2)
9 am (+3)
10 am (+4)
11 am (+5)
12 pm (Noon) - Unveiled (+6)
1 pm - Thickening Veil plus Five (+5)
2 pm (+4)
3 pm (+3)
4 pm (+2)
5 pm (+1)
6 pm - Thickening Veil (0)
7 pm - Deep Dark minus One (-1)
8 pm (-2)
9 pm (-3)
10 pm (-4)
11 pm (-5)
12 am (Midnight) - Deep Dark (-6)

*Seasons
First Month - Long Night 1st - 28 days (0)
Second Month - 28 days (+1)
Third Month - 28 days (+2)
Fourth Month - 28 days (+3)
Fifth Month - 28 days (+4)
Sixth Month - 28 days (+5)
Seventh Month - Long Days 14th, 15th, and 16th - 29 days (+6)
Eighth Month - 28 days (-1)
Ninth Month - 28 days (-2)
Tenth Month - 28 days (-3)
Eleventh Month - 28 days (-4)
Twelfth - 28 days (-5)
Thirteenth - Long Nights 28th and 29th - 29 days (-6)

[You Have Questions, The GM has the Answers]

Question: What does [O][O][C] or Out of Character mean in this game?

Answer (1): Right now, Out of Character concerns can and should be handled through the Questions and Support thread. If it is personal, post it to your Intro thread (Ie “I will be away from a computer for the next three days” or “My dog is having puppies and I am the mid wife.”)

* Answer (2): In the Main Thread, Out of Character allows the players and GM to pose questions or answer questions or make statements that might be thought, felt, or sensed but do not have a valid reason for showing up in standard posts. (Ie. Harko wonders to himself if it is possible to scale the wall.) (24JUL2016) -MS

Question: How often should I be posting?

Answer: I would like to see innovative, constructive, and appropriate posts from players at least three different days of the week. I, as the GM, check the threads many times daily, deciding when it is appropriate to post.

Question: Where can I find gaming details specific to this Campaign?

Answer: If it relates to Character Creation, it will be here in this thread.
If it concerns the campaign, it will be in the Main Thread in this thread.
All other questions and support information will be found in this thread (Questions and Support).

Question: How can I tell if an amendment or an update has been made to the First Post of any of this campaign’s thread?

Answer: Most recent updates will be noted with an asterisk “ * “ followed by the update in bold text. Next will be the date of the update in parentheses (Date month year) followed by my forum initials -MS.

Once I post newer updates the only remaining notations for previous updates will be the date of the update and my forum initials.

Question: The Character Generator required FP (Forum Points) in order to use. How do I get more, in case I need it later? (21JUL2016) -MS

Answer: The Thread that talks about FP. (21JUL2016) -MS

*. Question: How do we note a Specific Action.(24JUL2016) -MS

* Answer: A Specific Action is noted by the letter S and the letter A together [S][A], but without the brackets. This is generally used when, a die roll is required. (24JUL2016) -MS

* Question:

Sponsored Links:
18th Jul, 2016 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #
Aleana Spellweaver
No class
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Support Questions RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition th Malcolmshaws

Orphan says...

How do I build a character for this? Is there a programme on the site for character sheets?

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2016 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Questions And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ross,

Let me get the Character Creation thread up and the details will be there to explain. Thanks for your patience.

-Malcolm Shaw.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2016 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

We are curently down to one player (Ross/Aleana) as other issues have precluded (Timmer/Thari) from rejoining us. Please post here your thoughts on proceeding. Anything is possible.

30th Jul, 2016 - 9:25am / Post ID: #
Aleana Spellweaver
No class
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Orphan says...

I'm also in another group, so I'm still getting to play. I did like where this story was going, though, so would like to continue if possible. Can you find more players?

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2016 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ross,

Let me check the boards again. And do some fishing to see what we might turn up.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2016 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Questions Support

Hey Malcolmshaw -

If you'd be willing to take on another player, then I'd be interested in joining your Dungeons & Dragons campaign. I have a character in mind who I think would be perfect for this campaign. In fact, I have already started creating her for your campaign (As you will see). Anyway - if you have room for one more player, please let me know! Thanks for the consideration.

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2016 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Questions Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive

Hi! Welcome to the game! I'm responding because Malcolm is away for another week or so on a road trip. The game only has two players at the moment so you are more than welcome to create a character. The game is paused right now while he is away. We are glad to have you! It will be very interesting with you making a girl for this campaign. All 3 characters in the game will be girls. Girl power! Any questions you might have feel free to post them in the character creation thread for this game. Ross and I will be glad to try to answer anything until Malcoln returns.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Questions And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.