Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 3 of 6

Timmer, You got me sweating. I am kind of - Page 3 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Jul, 2016 - 3:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Closed
Create Characters for this version of D&D. See the Campaign: Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2016 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 3

Ross,

The roll is right where you need it. In a few minutes we will have the results and you can finish detailing the items from your belt pouch.

Reconcile Edited: Malcolmshaw on 21st Jul, 2016 - 11:27pm

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jul, 2016 - 12:08am / Post ID: #
Aleana Spellweaver
No class
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition th Malcolmshaws

Orphan says...

I think this is perfect. I got a 57, which is an indecipherable treasure map. I've probably spent most of my time here trying to puzzle out the map, hoping it has some clue to where I came from..

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2016 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Mal, I'm new to this and you've lost me in the character creation process.
Your instructions seem to indicate using the javascript 5E character generator but that generator has no link back to this sides character recorder and doesn't provide the kind of information you seem to be looking for.
I'm assuming stats go in that box at the bottom and we really ignore the java generator. We put the other stuff where you want it.
I understand Trinket generation out of the PHB (I've been playing Dungeons & Dragons since 1977 and 5E since 2014.) but the Oddities have me baffled.
Sincerely, timmer.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2016 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition th Malcolmshaws

Timmer,

Thanks for the follow up. The game requires spending FP (Forum Points) in order to create a character and utilize the Character Sheet. Once the character generator is opened and started, your character sheet should be created and you can skip the generator all together. (Looks Good)

Game Master Template - I have tried to lay out a feasible format for your character sheet.

I appreciate your experience in this campaign and look forward to hearing your thoughts. Please continue to asking questions as I am happy to help.

The trinkets are things you may have found in your brief years. As long as they each fit into a 2 inch cube and have a description of your personal interest for the item, you are good. (Looks Good)

One catch. Stats max at ten (10) with point buy before racial bonuses.. I know that you can commit all four (4) to one skill. Please consider where else you would like to put those other two (2) points. Thanks.

-MS.

Reconcile Edited: Malcolmshaw on 22nd Jul, 2016 - 2:35am

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2016 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition th Malcolmshaws

Mal,
Thank you. That clarifies a great deal.
I'll tweak stats shortly, sorry about that, slipped my mind.
For your information - making backstory with little conception of the milieu is not easy.
Timmer.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2016 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Timmer,

I completely understand about the backstory. More importantly, I wanted to test innovation and creativity, before giving any more details. It is nice to see where a person's mind goes in creating.

Waiting for a couple more players may not be feasible. Starting with you and Ross maybe the best option. I can work new players in as they show up.

-MS.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2016 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 3

MS:
May be able to find another player.
From experience, the creativity and innovation testing? That is a bidirectional test. Having grown up on the "Little tan books", one learned to "Not name anything you may have to eat". Thankfully you are not insistent on a multipage backstory for a first level character.
The other thing to keep in mind is that I'm going to try to sell a friend on joining us from three posts and my experience of character gen.
My apologies if that comes off harsh: I view being straight as possible as a courtesy.
Regards,
Timmer.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2016 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 3

Timmer,

You got me sweating. I am kind of in between nervous as hell and questioning if I just dug a pit for my own death.

Ross,

On your character sheet, you can select an Avatar, by selecting the Update Sheet feature and then selecting a suitable Avatar.

I will be adding some additional details today and over the weekend. Should you have any questions, I will gladly answer them here, if it is character related or on the Questions and Support thread, if it is setting or mechanics related.

-MS.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.