Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 2 of 8

Ket leans over carefully and place is head - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jul, 2016 - 10:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

13th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »
Posts: 63 - Views: 3332
Closed
Only approved Players should Post here. To create a Character please start here: Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
24th Jul, 2016 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #
Aleana Spellweaver
No class
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 2

Orphan says...

Aleana moves to a different hiding place than Thari, her choosing to be close enough to hear what they're saying. Are there any abandoned warehouses nearby? I could hide up against the wall and pull my hood down so it makes me harder to see. If so, that's what I do. If not, this stealth check is to find a hiding place where I can see and hear what's going on.

Aleana Spellweaver Results:
  • Stealth Check on D20 (+0): 13 (1 roll)


Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jul, 2016 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition th Malcolmshaws

Out of Character: Starting with Stealth resolutions first.

Thari upon hearing the figures move from The Warehouse attempts to find a better positon for both observation as these figures would be coming from his rear as he was already watching the figure go into the water. Shifting that much to turn, upset Ket who in turn hit Thari sending him to the ground, Where he is currently on his back looking at the figures as they move by.

Aleana had Ket leap from her lap and the sudden movement brought her out of whatever she was thinking. Quickly crab crawling backwards she positioned her self in between some tree roots further away from the Dock.

The large figures seemed to have come from the shadows of the doorway nearest the dock. As they move towards the dock patterns of blue streak up their legs and over their entire bodies. Within the thirty seconds it takes for them to cover the distance of the dock, it is apparent that these are stone door guardians.

There are eight such guardians and from memory there are two of them per door to The Warehouse. You have no recollection of seeing them “lit up” but that is what you see heading down the dock.

Out of Character: The only blue you have to compare the light to would be the color of the common currency on Shrouded Isle, known as B2.or BTU. B2 is commonly found contained in small 1 inch cubes of glass or some other stable firm material.

The stone dock or quay, at the approach of the guardians, lowers with a stone on stone grating sound, waterside first to create a ramp. The two guardians walk into the water to the thrashing figure who has gotten tangled in tendrils of fog, surprisingly. Reaching the figure they are only up to mid-thigh in the water. Pulling the figure from the water, with each of them grabbing an arm, they carry the figure back up the ramp and into The Warehouse.

Several moments go by the doors to The Warehouse open up and the figures resume their previous positions with blue light fading from the figure, as if the blue light was draining into the floor.

Attached Image Edited: Malcolmshaw on 25th Jul, 2016 - 12:15am

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2016 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Slack jawed, Thari, watches the guardians fetch the figure back to the warehouse not daring to move.

When they're gone he breaths "Didja see that?"

Then scampers over to the dock to check it out, with an eye on the now still guardians.

Going back inside past those guardians isn't gonna be easy after this.

25th Jul, 2016 - 7:25am / Post ID: #
Aleana Spellweaver
No class
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Page 2 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition th Malcolmshaws

Orphan says...

Aleana follows silently, trying to recall what she knows about the stone guardians, if they come to life on a regular basis, who built them, that sort of thing.

Out of Character: This would be a history check, yes? Which I am proficient in, so I get +2, so I get -1 for my 9 Intelligence, but +2 for my proficiency, so my total bonus is +1? Let me know if I got any of that wrong, or missed anything.

Aleana Spellweaver Results:
  • History Check on D20 (+1): 17 (1 roll)


Post Date: 25th Jul, 2016 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition th Malcolmshaws

Out of Character: For a level 1 character there would be a Proficiency +2. As a non-level character, you get a bonus only from parental backgrounds. So Aleana could attempt a History check with a zero bonus (Skill Rank 1 + Wisdom.Mod -1).

In Character: Alena does recall Dabius the Scholar, resident at The Warehouse having mentioned something in regards to The Warehouse Guardians, just after Ludro, a boy six years older was returned from High City.

Thari being on the move is able to get to the dock just as the blue light continues to recede from The Dock back towards The Warehouse. As he watches the glow fade and then recede, he notices that the light coalesces at the base of the Guardians before disappearing completely.

Ket has surprisingly followed Thari in one of those rare bizarre moments that no one can explain. Ket comes up and nuzzles the left side of Thari's face but Thari realizes that Ket is actually pointing Thari's eyes towards The Warehouse doors, the third set to be exact.

25th Jul, 2016 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #
Aleana Spellweaver
No class
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread

Orphan says...

Aleana: "I think we should head back. I don't think these creatures will harm us. It seems they just saved someone from the water. I don't think they're evil."

Out of Character: I'd also like to make an Arcana check regarding the statues now that I'm closer to them.

Attached Image Edited: rossaldinho on 25th Jul, 2016 - 3:40pm

Aleana Spellweaver Results:
  • Arcana Check on D20 (+1): 14 (1 roll)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Jul, 2016 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 2

Ket surprises him. The nuzzle, he's never done that before and it takes Thari a moment to realize just what the dog is up to.
"Just a minute," Thari signals to Aleana, keeping his movements to a minimum.
Hand on the dog's head after giving it a rewarding scratch, his eyes narrow and follow Ket's gaze and point. "What is it, boy?" he murmurs, still a little confused by the dog's nuzzling. He's nervous but takes a bit of courage from Ket's presence and with Aleana near he does not want to look scared.
Out of Character: Is the third set the one used by the Guardians just now or a different one.
In Character: He's determined to figure out what Ket noticed and stays put long, studying the third entrance as well as the statues which were once glowing.
Out of Character: Will do two Perception checks, just in case Ket's actions count as a Help action granting Advantage. If they don't then ignore the second roll.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2016 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

Ket leans over carefully and place is head under Thari's left hand. Then looking up at Thari, Ket bolts for the third open door and disappears. As soon as he enters The Warehouse he barks.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

 
> TOPIC: Malcolmshaw’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.