Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 828 of 1199

Tazskan, listens carefully to the options - Page 828 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Feb, 2018 - 11:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

19th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 259341
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 828

After meeting with Zarra and having her lead them back to the group, Penelope informs Velon and the rest of the group of the situation.

“Okay so, we found out a few important pieces of information:

1) Varram seems to have taken the Fisher’s Path to the east of town
2) The path leads for miles and miles before reaching the Hills which is serpent territory
3) They took a month’s worth of supplies with them, so it’s likely a long trip

It doesn’t seem like they stayed in town very long either, only one night before leaving,” Penelope relays all the information.

“Oh, I also sang a song inspired by our Drow friend here!” Penelope looks at Zarra happily.

“And, there’s something else I want to put out there, something that bugs me about all of this this,” Penelope’s expression becomes much more serious now. “You all said this ‘White Mask’ was super important, right? Now, I won’t pretend to know anything about the details of all this stuff about cultists and whatnot, but, if it’s so important, why send only these men to retrieve it in such a dangerous area? I know I’m new to the group, but something smells a little fishy here. Are you absolutely sure you trust your source?” Penelope asks the group, looking specifically at Velon, Lia, and Poljen.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen grunts. "I trust our source. But it would not surprise me if this information was sent out to draw us out. Though the other reason to send a smaller force into those hills is to avoid detection. Both by us, and by the natives. So I say we proceed as if our information is true, but we must be wary of ambushes set for us." He thinks. "They left a week ago, you say? Then I say we get back in the castle and start following the same path they did. Maybe leave a small group on the ground to keep searching for tracks, camp sights, and so on. If we can get ahead of them, I would recommend we ambush them, then hope we find notes and maps leading us to where this mask should be. If we wait for them to lead us to it, they might have their own scroll to leave in a hurry."

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Hmm, something tells me no one who goes that far up "Avoids detection." According to the woman at the tavern, no one who goes up there ever returns," Penelope says with a worried expression while scratching her head.

"All I'm saying is, even if you trust your source, remember that they too can be misinformed," Penelope warns. "I guess I shouldn't be the one complaining about untrustworthy sources right now though, huh?" Penelope laughs awkwardly while rubbing the back of her head.

Attached Image Edited: seath on 7th Feb, 2018 - 10:06pm

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 828 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains


Mari smiles at the halfling." It is nice to receive such encouragement Poppo. I needed that today." She beams at him.

Lia considers the news before responding." I trust the source. No concern there at all. I agree that there is a good chance that this is being used to draw us out. It's obvious to the cult that we are devoted to taking them down now. They know that news of this would draw us here. It is convenient that the person we are tracking now was formerly over the operation of this sky castle."

"Why go with such a small force into such a dangerous area? If I controlled forces such as they do and I was intent upon retrieving such an important item I would go in with a small army. Expect a trap above all else." She glances at Mari.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Well done, everyone. Good information. There's an easy trail to follow here, which seems to fit the size of Varram's party. A month's worth of supplies, you say? Perry, Lia, perhaps you should fly up and meet Esmerandia and fill any bags of holding with extra rations. Sounds like this could take a while, and if we go underground I'd really rather not starve to death!"

"I trust Irdeith and Chasorth completely. Apparently they received their information from the Harpers, who I don't know at all, and I suspect someone will come for us or the castle very soon. We thus have to remain vigilant either way. I go where Irdeith sends me. What choice do I have, short of changing careers? Not that buying a tavern wouldn't be a lot easier than dealing with you lot! Ha!"

"I will admit, I don't know how I feel about Protanther, since we're on the subject." Velon gives Poljen a glance to see his reaction. "He's probably just a grumpy old dragon, but he rubbed me the wrong way and was extremely eager to get his hands on the mask. I'd be tempted to tell Irdeith we're dropping the next mask in a volcano and see how Protanther reacts."

"Anyhow, let's get moving.” Velon listens to Poljen’s ideas and Perry’s concerns. “Perry, it sounds like you’d prefer to go home. You’re quite welcome to go back and enjoy the tavern scene here in the town, if you prefer. It was nice to meet you. I must insist you don’t speak of our business, though. The rest of us go even if our information is limited. We prepare for the worst, even expect it, and face it head on. You’re a bard. Do you tell stories of heroes who decided the quest wasn’t exactly to their liking and thus went home? No. Bards everywhere will be telling of the victories of the Blaze, however, I promise you!” He raises his voice a bit at the last part, hoping to inspire his crew a bit.

“Poljen, I like that you are always strategizing, but I would not split the party. Either group could be ambushed. I do like the idea of using the castle to get ahead of Varram, however. What do you say to setting off on foot now but sending your bird or one of the familiars ahead by miles? If we can locate them, I do agree we should use the castle then. I just want to keep the party together.”

Out of Character: . Trammet, is it? Hey we're really questing again! Huzzah!

Attached Image Edited: Cinder on 7th Feb, 2018 - 10:39pm

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

“Following by the sky will not be difficult and our kitchens are well stocked for a trip. Also, we can fly far faster than they can trudge through the trails. We can send out our scouts and spot them I think a lot easier, we just have to try and blend into the clouds a bit better. Gamleil is ready to fly and do more than be a excellent gargoyle on the ramparts!”.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 828

Penelope puffs up her cheeks and complains, “Meany!”

She shrugs and shakes her head, “Fine, fine, I get it, okay? Just throwing in my two copper is all.”

Penelope goes over behind Lia to follow her lead.

7th Feb, 2018 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 828

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, listens carefully to the options presented to the group.
"I agree with Velon here, about not splitting up the party. We should stick together, fortunately we have a flying castle, at our disposal," he says.

"As for the Harpers, they believe no one should be powerless, we are going to find out how far that extends one way or the other," he continues.

"Unlike, our enemy Varram and his small band of men, we aren't encumbered with provisions for a long journey," Tazskan smiles at Lawrence.

"Also, traveling with a handful of men into the serpent hills, what is Varrum thinking here,"? Tazskan adds.

"Going after them on foot, sounds like a plan but fortunately for us we don't need to travel the whole distance by foot, when the castle can reduce the distance, by half," he continues.

"As, for my familiar I can keep contact with him 100 feet away, if necessary",Tazskan says.

Attached Image Edited: anronrosby on 7th Feb, 2018 - 11:53pm




 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.