Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 874 of 1199

Diderius giggles, "He's not making - Page 874 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Feb, 2018 - 3:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2018 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 874

Perry turns to Velon and whispers, "We should probably leave soon or be prepared to fight. I can also continue this line of questioning, but I'm not sure how much more useful information we can get from him. It’s up to you."

Out of Character: Before we decide to do anything, I also want to do an Insight check on Diderius to see if I can get a sense of whether he just seems insane or if I gather any truth to his words regarding this horn business.

Regarding Perry's recklessness, yup it's a bit of a mix between a deliberate in-character choice that I feel fits his lack of experience and a way to alleviate some of the analysis paralysis that seems to plague the group. In character, this is his first dungeon dive with a real adventuring party. Out of character, we might still be back in the Well room right now without Perry poking down the hallway, asking Lia to help him check for things, or otherwise going in some direction. I'm sure Cinder doesn't want to make every single decision in the game, so I don't think folks should be afraid to exercise their agency without running it past Velon every single time, especially if things seem to be dragging on.

Still, if it's brought up to him in character, then I'm sure he'll be willing to tone it down *wink* If so however, I don't think it's healthy to make Velon the gatekeeper for every little decision. Big ones sure, absolutely, but for the sake of both his sanity and the state of the game, people shouldn’t be afraid to make choices.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2018 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia looks at Perry and shakes her head. He would get himself killed soon at this rate. She studies Diderius from across the room. Wizards and their artificial attempts at life preservation. A frown born of distaste creases her face. The proper way was through a good or goddess. They controlled life and death. Anything besides that is an unnatural perversion.

Mari lingered back by the door. She was ready and hoping that they would exit this room soon.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2018 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Perry is convinced that the man is indeed insane, but also that there might be something to his words. If so, this business with the horn might be a garbled foretelling rather than a figment of Diderius' imagination.

Of course, even if it is a future event, separating the truth from the gibbering is unlikely to be easy.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Feb, 2018 - 8:40pm

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2018 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 874 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon nods at Lawrance after receiving his mental message and returns one of his own. "Yes, good point, thank you."

The paladin enters the room and gets as close as he can to Diderius without going any further than Perry has. He wants to see if Perry can get any useful information out of the crazed old wizard before triggering and traps or upsetting Diderius. The reference to Varram trying the pool seems truthful, at least, so there may be further truth found here. Velon reaches for the silence stone on the necklace, ready to grasp it and rush to Diderius if there is trouble.

Out of Character: Amen, Seath. Working to preserve my sanity here. Do what needs to be done everyone, this isn't intended to be a one man show. If the action isn't particularly reckless and I'm not around to post, please just assume Velon didn't object and carry on. There is also leadership around other than Velon, like well respected long term members Lia and Poljen or the intellect of Lawrance. If you RP doing something like checking out a room or inspecting something magical with one of them, all the better. Often the game just doesn't move at all for a day or so, so anything that isn't totally reckless is fair game to keep things rolling. Don't worry, Velon will still be giving Perry a talking to soon, of course. Out of character I'm thankful for it, though.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2018 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lawrance prepares his Dispel, ready to try and counter Diderius' spells, of things go awry.
Specific Action: holding reaction on a Dispel Magic at 4th.

21st Feb, 2018 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, remains near the entrance also watching for any snake people. Near, Poljen and Cratol, he has his sword drawn and ready.

While, he waits for what may transpire in the room with the rest of the group. He uses divine sense, figuring if there be any trickery, on the devils's part, that he might sense them.

Out of Character: Tazskan, didn't really forget any detail, but of course Velon already know's that.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2018 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 874

"Did you see where the dwarf went, oh great Diderius? We will punish him in your name for his insolence in attempting to use your pool without proper understanding and for creating far, far too many choices! And this horn, what is it called? What does it do? We can warn others of its danger if only we know! We are not as capable as you in divination magic - no one is, oh mighty Diderius."

Perry does his best to flatter the master wizard, hoping to get any more information about Varram or the horn by attempting to persuade him that they will deal with the foolish dwarf.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2018 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 874

Diderius giggles, "He's not making any choices anymore, the scaled ones are doing that for him. Their choices are always boring, flat, quiet. They hole up in their holy holes and do nothing that matters."

"The horn calls, it calls to the darkness, and the darkness comes."

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.