Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 949 of 1199

Velon sits in stunned silence, a piece of - Page 949 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2018 - 3:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2018 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 949

Lawrance pipes up with his thoughts, as well "We know we can't destroy the masks, it'll just recreate itself elsewhere. That's the hazard with artifacts. I'd say make our offer to the Zhents, then go find the horn. Maybe IT can be destroyed? Unless we find there's a time constraint to take the Red mask. "

Specific Action: history to recall the names mentioned that we don't already know.
Out of Character: Thomas, did you mean to give the 1k to the castle or invest it?

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 21st Apr, 2018 - 8:56pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2018 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The name Sildar means nothing to those assembled. However Velon recalls that King Melandrach, ruler of the High forest elves, had a son by the name of Neronvain.

Lia and Lawrance remember a bit more. Supposedly the boy died in some manner of hunting accident. But there were a few sparse rumors of some terrible fight, ending in exile, rather than death. These rumors held little weight behind them, but if Neronvain's name is cropping up again…

Out of Character: Sheesh, so much for me keeping obscure lore secret around you guys, a nat 20 and an 18...

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Apr, 2018 - 10:06pm

22nd Apr, 2018 - 12:34am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Protector. says...

At Baldur's gate

Tazskan, eyes the leader carefully. Goes over to Penelope, and whispers in her ear.
"Callohan, certainly look's for all intensive purposes to be worthy of hire, both him and his men. I say, lets give him and his team a go," he answers.

Out of Character: Dai a very good question, how do we stop the mercenaries from stealing our money and possessions. I'm hoping, Zarra, Mari's expertise, may help here? Any magical ward from Lawrence??

Meanwhile Sometime earlier.

Tazskan, finds himself eating dinner, with the others. Enjoying, some roasted wild boar. Washed down with some fine Dwarven ale.
"I'm in favour of checking into the whereabouts of this Neronvain character, the last to possess the green mask," Tazskan says, slurping on some ale.
"We, will learn of this horn soon enough at Candlekeep, "He says chewing on some charred meat.
"The Zhentarim, can wait until we have stocked up, and hired some men, dont you think,"? He adds, slurping on more ale.
"They, may indeed be willing to trade but negotiations would be quite dangerous," he says with a smile.

Out of Character: Dai I would like Tazskan, to have a scrying attempt. How much time is needed, between Baldur's gate and Candlewood?

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 22nd Apr, 2018 - 12:53am

Tazskan Daardendrien Results:
  • History on D20 (-1): 14 (1 roll)

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2018 - 4:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 949 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Perry is relatively quiet at the dinner table tonight. He is dressed in his usual fine, silken clothing after just having taken a nice hot bath after a long day of interrogating. He is eating dinner with his comrades in the dining room as they discuss the information gathered from the prisoner.

Perry eats in a very dignified manner befitting a noble. He has his silverware aligned properly. He does not drink ale and opts for a couple glasses of red wine instead. He uses a knife and fork, takes small bites, and finishes chewing one bite completely before starting another.

As you can certainly imagine having read this far into this description, watching these animals shovel food into their mouths while “talking” is an absolutely dreadful experience for Perry. He can’t help but glare at the animals with eyes of disapproval. Then, he looks at Lia in sheer disbelief.

“This is the Silver Blaze?” he asks himself.

As the meal goes on and the barbarism continues, Perry’s sheer frustration and disgust eventually reaches its boiling point. “Chew with your mouth closed, PLEASE!” Perry yells in a surprising outburst after having been quiet all evening. “If you really want, I can turn you into a pig during dinner time so you would at least look the part! Good grief. Honestly, saving the world doesn’t mean you’re exempt from simple etiquette.”.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2018 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen, who has been eating quietly (At least quietly for him… not saying much, only belching softly, etc.), turns and glares at Perry. He stops chewing briefly, then quickly swallows what is in his mouth and stands up, taking a long pull from his pitcher of ale. He then gently sets it down on the table, leans on his knuckles and says quietly, but ever so firmly, "If you do not care for our table manners, feel free to eat in your room. This will be the last time I remind you that even if you are accepted as a full member of the Silver Blaze, you do not command us, any of us, in any sense of the word. You acquitted yourself well during our tour of Diderius's tomb, and in helping with the various negotiations in the cities. We may well accept you fully into our ranks. But if you do not approve of us, that is YOUR problem. Not ours." He gestures at the rest around the table. "Many of us work and fight hard, and choose to relax with revelry, and not worry about offending one another overly. We accept each other as we are. We do not seek to change each other's behaviors, save where it may make a difference in battle, over the course of our mission. How we choose to dine is no one's business but our own. So, princess, if your sensibilities are too delicate for how some of us choose to comport ourselves, suck it up and deal with it, or go elsewhere."

The large man then sits down, stabs another slab of meat from the platter on the table and proceeds to eat it off his knife. For those who have been around him awhile, this is more indelicate than usual.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2018 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

“Acquitted myself in Diderius’ tomb? Acquitted myself!? And what, pray tell, was I even guilty of before entering the tomb that needed acquittal? Was I guilty of having purple skin, of being a tiefling?” Perry asks angrily.

“And besides, that’s a little bit of an understatement, is it not? Did I not save Tazskan from falling into a Yuan-ti pit? Or Velon, your fearless leader, from suffering a similar fate? Or how about when I negotiated with a giant immortal Naga on behalf of the group? Or the time when I snapped YOU out of a spell that had YOU attacking your own comrades? Or how about today, when I interrogated that asshole in the dungeon?” Perry argues, now getting a little emotional.

“I risked a year of my life to those devils in order to gather information for the team, hoping it would prove my loyalty to the group! I DID IT FOR YOU!” Perry yells.

“Because I look up to you, all of you,” Perry says softly, tears now in his eyes as he looks to everyone around the room.

He turns back to Poljen and says calmly, “And all you have to say, even after all of that, is that I’ve acquitted myself.”

Perry looks towards Velon and then Lia, “I apologize for my outburst earlier regarding the food. It was impolite,” Perry says. “Now, if you’ll excuse me,” Perry gets up from the table and walks back up to his room.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2018 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 949

Taken aback by the emotional display, Lawrance waits until the Teifling is out of earshot and says "I know he's really new to the group, but is that normal for him to be so high-strung? He went off on our eating habits and then railed at Poljen quite expressively. Does anyone know if something is going on with him? Honestly, the way he just blew up, I'd think a close family member of his died."
It's not often Lawrance notices emotional cues, but this was a whole orchestra of them. "I didn't know he idolizes the group. Do you have many fans of his… um… 'dedication'?"

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2018 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 949

Velon sits in stunned silence, a piece of Taz's wild boar hanging from his mouth as Perry, then Poljen, then Perry again speak their minds. He seems pretty caught off guard by the scene.

After a moment of silence and Lawrance's words he finishes off the piece of roasted meat and says "Um, ah, well, as I was saying, Varram also mentioned that he wanted to reactivate the poison trap here in the castle that they used against the giants. Anyone know anything about that? We really should figure that one our right away as more and more people go about the castle.

In response to Lawrance, Velon simply jokes that the Beauty of Sune likely has many fans, but otherwise he is not sure.

Glorfindel seemed to have some talents with poison that she may have passed to me. I have been trying to summon these powers and learn to use them. I believe with a bit more effort I could search the castle for this poison trap and also resist any poisonous effects if I stumble across them. Would someone aid me, however, such that they could go for help if I stumble right into the trap itself?

Out of Character: . Velon will burn through 1st and 2nd level spell slots at a rate of an hour a day of both Detect Poison and Disease and Protection from Poison until he finds this trap and others like it, moving swiftly through every known passage and room in the castle. He'll wait until evening just before dinner such that his magics aren't used up too early in the day in case anything happens.

Between this, resting from exhaustion, and preferring to guard the castle and Varram with Cratol and let the others conduct the various business for the group, Velon likely has not left the castle since they left Diderius's tomb.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.