Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 952 of 1199

Perry hears a knock on the door as Velon finishes - Page 952 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Apr, 2018 - 2:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2018 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 952

Velon smiles at Lia but also shakes his head. "You really are too good to be true. How am I to live up to my half of this?" He then perks up. "Hey, at least I'm REALLY good at hitting dragons and naga REALLY hard now. Just what you always dreamed of, eh?!" He feigns an extra prideful pose and takes her hand to go seek out Perry.

--------

Knock Knock
"Perry, may we come in? Lia is here, too."

---------

Velon will add little opinion with regard to who they should hire. "I trust you all in this, and you are better at it than I. Perhaps some day you will make a mistake in who to trust, but it has not happened yet." He looks across the room at Mari but smiles and nods as if to indicate that he believes the trust they continue to have in her is properly placed and no grave mistakes were made in that case. "A mistake in this area some day will not be your fault, but all of ours. It is on us all to keep an eye on newcomers, and anyone that can fool all of us is likely more than a worthy foe that we must face together."

"Please, do introduce me to the mercenary captain when he arrives, however. I look forward to meeting him."

Out of Character: . I'm guessing Daishain does not want to RP the new mercenary captain meeting Velon for the first time in favor of taking care of other matters and moving on with the story. Instead I'll just say that Velon would be most welcoming, chat him up a bit, mention his expectations but encourage the man to tend to their security as he sees fit considering his experience. All the while he'll try to get his own read on him, so I'll roll Insight below on the nature of the man, his honesty, if he's hiding anything, etc.

Velon will keep an eye on the captain and all of his men daily to see if anyone looks shifty.

PS. Anron/Taz, scry on anything you like. Perhaps Neronvain, perhaps where the poison trap is in the castle, etc.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2018 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

As Lia and Velon approach Perry’s door, they hear what sounds like a harmonica playing a beautiful yet somber tune. As soon as they knock and request entry, the music stops and they hear footsteps making their way to the door.

Perry opens the door, “Please, come in,” he says.

Perry sighs, “I know why you’re here of course. Sorry again for ruining dinner,” Perry looks down in a guilty manner before lifting his head back up with a serious expression. “But I’m not sorry about what I said. And I’m not talking about the table manners.”

Perry pauses for a moment before continuing, “Hey, can I show you two something?” Perry asks.

Perry pulls out a leatherbound notebook from his vest. “This. This right here is the main reason I wanted to join you guys.” Perry opens the book, hands it to Velon, and shows both Lia and Velon all the various songs and poems that he’s written ever since he started adventuring with them. “I wrote all these wonderful pieces just from our short time together,” he says with a proud smile. “This one right here is my favorite so far. Oh but wait, wait, don’t look at that one! That one’s a surprise for later,” Perry says as he hastily flips past one page.

After a few minutes of showing them his work-in-progress, Perry asks, “So, what do you think? Not bad, right? I really think this book has the potential to be a worldwide best-seller.”.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2018 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Velon spends some time hunting through the castle using his magic to detect poison. Soon enough, he gets a hit from a vent in the dining room. Opening it up reveals a small, but surprisingly heavy, rectangular box.

Its an ingenious little device. Slightly magical, but lead lining the box ensures that the enchantment is too faint to be easily picked up. The box is made to disperse its contents into the surrounding air. In this case a fairly potent toxin that paralyzes the lungs. There isn't much left within, but certainly enough to have caused a problem if your prisoner had managed to reactivate it.

Now that he knows what to look for, Velon hunts through the castle and finds another six such devices, placed at gathering points throughout the structure.

It isn't obvious how Varram managed to get these things in place to begin with, but it certainly helps explain how he and his men took the castle from the giants in the first place.

Callahan and his men fit into the operation of the castle smoothly enough. They're a little rough around the edges, but their captain keeps them disciplined.

Velon gets the impression that Callahan values the image of his company very highly. A part of that includes fulfilling his current contract loyally.

When asked about taking custody of the prisoners via polymorph handoff, Chasorth refuses, "We just had to move to a new lair after the incident with the Black Mask thieves. Our wards are not yet where they should be. The cult is surely looking for Varram via magical means, and I am not going to risk my daughter by bringing him here. She is only thirtytwo, and not yet ready to take care of herself. I can have someone take them off your hands in person, but it might take at least a day or two."

Out of Character: I hadn't planned on Callahan being a major character no, he was a spur of the moment addition, but feel free to do things with him regardless, a little light RP never hurts. And who knows, I might twine him into the story properly later on.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Apr, 2018 - 8:35pm

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2018 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 952 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Wow, this is actually very impressive, Perry. I hope you yourself are in some of these songs after everything you did in Diderius's tomb. You know most of us, even if not all, appreciate that, right? Between the demons, that damn bridge and 'Craturtle' I don't know what would have happened without you. I'm sure Cratol will thank you any day now, too. Ok, well not really, but I thank you, for all of it."

------

Velon is surprised to find seven poison traps they had no idea about. He immediately finds Poppo and Lawrance and tells them of the boxes and asks their opinion on safely disarming them, moving them, and potentially reusing them later. He ponders using them against the cults, perhaps at the Well or other another heavily fortified location that they would otherwise have trouble with. He asks Lawrance where he thinks they could safely move the traps to, as he'd like to do so soon to ensure all in the castle are safe. He ponders making sure world is spread around the castle to avoid them, but if there is one rogue in their new hires it would be pointing them directly to a deadly weapon. The paladin wonders if he is being too paranoid.

Out of Character: . Daishain, does Chasorth have a response about taking Varram and the other prisoner off of our hands? Will it be possible to pass them through the portal if we poly or shrink them in some way? I forget if there were restrictions there.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2018 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Using whatever methods seem reasonable, Lawrance tries to determine a safe disarming method. Ideas spring to mind as he contemplates re-purposing the devices to the Blaze's use. "Bombs, Velon. Poison gas bombs that could be dropped into the Well at points, if we need to assault them. Or discouragement from any creature following our castle as we flee a location, streaming out behind us and causing any pursuers to plummet from the sky. We'll have to study these devices far from anyone before we can ensure they remain unused by any but ourselves. Possibly plant them into their own vault on the edges of our foundations? There must be a way to regenerate their poison regularly. They must also have some kind of trigger conditions we need to discover and hopefully modify. It wouldn't do to have them go off when we don't want them to!"
Specific Action: Arcana, Identify, etc. To determine facts about the devices.
Out of Character: Dai, I don't know if Christian is going to be regularly away, but if he is, can we have him casting the daily maintenance spells that after a year take permanent root? This would include Private Sanctum to prevent scrying of the prisoners areas and any other areas we want secure. We could then keep the bad guys out of sensing by standard means.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 24th Apr, 2018 - 9:32pm

25th Apr, 2018 - 1:22am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Protector. says...

Meanwhile, sometime after the family incident over dinner. Tazskan, locks his door, get's out the crystal ball, which he had attuned himself to earlier.

"Let's see what you can show me," he says quietly staring intently at it.

Specific Action: Tazskan, is going to focus on an individual named Neronvain. Whom, he has only heard about, but not met. He only has the Tiamat holy symbol to assist him.

"A ruler of the high forrest elves, who are you, where are you now,"? He chants, staring into the crystal ball for answers.

Out of Character: Modifiers for targets save, Tazskans knowledge of him (Secondhand), +5, possession of Tiamats holy symbol (Acting like a focus)-4 =+1, feel free to include any other modifiers here Dai.

Tazskan Daardendrien Results:
  • Scrying on D20 (+1): 18 (1 roll)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Apr, 2018 - 1:23am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 952

The Quiet Shadow says...

Zarra, much to her frustration, appear to have gotten a little slow down for the fact she really hadn't paid close attention to where everyone was staying. Eventually though the drow would find Perry's door and she offers a short yet alerting knock, loud enough for anyone within to here but not too loud as well. What she is let in, the rogue will be both surprised and disappointed that she did not manage to get there first.
-

Since it appeared the decision had been made on the mercenary group in which they were too hire, Zarra will try to speak with the others if the Silver Blaze whether officially or unofficially to ask, "How long will we wait to tell them what is going on, or will they only be told what we think is important?" The drow was a bit worried, in not so much about whether or not they can trust the mercenary group… but whether or not this group would be able to trust their employers.

Out of Character: Well, so much for getting there first, I adopted to the situation though.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 25th Apr, 2018 - 2:16am

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2018 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 952

Perry hears a knock on the door as Velon finishes speaking his kind words, "Sorry Velon, let me get that real quick," Perry whispers. "I wonder who it could," Perry wonders as he opens the door.

Upon seeing Zarra standing in front of the door, Perry says, "Oh umm, hi Zarra. Please come in and join us. I was just showing Velon and Lia the book I've been working on. Are you worried about me?" Perry asks.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.