Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 958 of 1199

Perry thinks for a moment, “Hmm green dragon, - Page 958 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th May, 2018 - 3:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 4th May, 2018 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 958

As they finish yet another dance, Lia smiles at Velon.." You are quite good at dancing. I'm a little surprised." She winks and laughs softly." I'm really enjoying this break from adventuring."

Later that evening, Mari approaches Velon." Velon, I'm quite concerned about this delay. Our enemies aren't resting I'm sure." She lowers her voice." Sometimes the direct path is the best path. If we don't find something soon then I think I should use my contacts. I can float the idea that we are interested in that white dragon mask with a third party in Baldur's Gate who frequently deals with the Zhentarim. We know where the mask is. Why make this more difficult? That's my opinion anyways." She shrugs upon saying this.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 4th May, 2018 - 12:12pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th May, 2018 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lawrance has considerably more luck in researching the horn than he did the masks. Mostly thanks to the works in the library penned by one Maccath the Crimson.

Not much is known about the horn's specific properties, how it does what it does. But it is supposedly used as with any other horn. Someone can blow signals through it, those who understand the patterns can know what is being communicated. The principle difference from an ordinary horn being that it can be heard from thousands of miles away. True dragons can hear it clearly, those with draconic blood can catch an echo of it.

Historically, the forces of Tiamat have used the horn to coordinate their war efforts in every major offensive they've held. It is a tool of battle, and a very effective one. According to Maccath's latest work, the horn has been hidden from the followers of Bahamut since the last great war, passed from hand to hand until it disappeared in the north about a hundred years ago. The last confirmed report had it on a small ship passing through the Sea of Moving Ice, on route to an unknown destination.

Presumably, Maccath's research expedition to that area is in hopes of finding the artifact.

Post Date: 4th May, 2018 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Again staying up late, Lawrance reports in to Velon about the finding in summary before sleeping. His own notebook getting filled by relevant details, he hopes he can find enough information to aid the party no matter which direction they end up heading.
Out of Character: Not sure what day this is, for Lawrance the enthralled.

Post Date: 5th May, 2018 - 4:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 958 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon addresses all of the new suggestions and information the group is discussing now that the Lawrance's research has been more fruitful and Lia has mentioned her experience regarding the green dragon.

"First, NO ONE IS TO CONTACT OUR ENEMIES TO TALK TO THEM ABOUT OUR PLANS. That includes using Sending to contact Neronvain or using the Zhentarim to buy the white mask. Unless you propose a particularly clever way to do this in some beneficial way… no, just… just… no." He holds his forehead as if in actual pain.

"Lawrance, good work on the horn. When was this account written? When did Maccath leave on this expedition? Any word on the name of the ship? Also, while you're here, would these wizards know anything about Neronvain or the wizard with the white mask? Could you ask your new friends?"

"Taz, Poljen, since Maccath is less likely to be trying to actively block our scrying attempts as the various wyrmspeakers are, let's try to scry on the horn, Maccath, or Maccath's ship. We have the Seer's Tabac, too, remember. We could have one such as Poljen smoke it and try to see what the Divination magic provides us if Taz's newfound study of divination does not reveal what we need."

"Lia, how exactly would we chase down the green dragon and the Jade Fang? Did you learn anything we can use here? I know you told us about this long ago, but I may be forgetting an important detail. Also, do you know any reliable Harpers in Baldur's Gate. I think we should return there and set them to the task of contacting this white wizard. They can set a meet without mentioning the mask to anyone but said wizard, perhaps by offering something else of value he would desire, and then make the offer in person. We DO NOT want any other zhents or cult worshippers to know if this offer or they will work again the wizard to shut us down here. Perhaps Niko, Perry, and I can help in meeting with the Harpers. We should make it quick though so we can move on to either the horn or the green mask."

Out of Character: . Phew, another long one. Quick version:

Timing and likelihood of tracking Maccath?
Where to start on chasing down the Jade Fang?
Can we find a reliable Harper contact and set them on the task of the white mask purchase based on what we learned in the pool (Since we can't do all of these at once anyhow)?
Scrying further or using the Seer's Tabac useful for any other these, such as perhaps Maccath since that is less likely to be actively guarded against scrying than a wyrmspeaker or one currently holding a mask?

5th May, 2018 - 5:04am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

"That sounds like a plan Velon, so where do we head first, the forest or searching for Maccath,"? Tazskan asks.

Out of Character: Tazskan, still needs a name, and type of ship. Description of Maccath, thats to increase the odds for a scrying attempt.
Surely someone knows in Candlekeep what Port he departed from? Then we can retrace his steps??

As for the Forrest,we already have Lia as a guide.

Post Date: 5th May, 2018 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Ah yes, The Harpers, an excellent band filled with some of the world's finest string musicians. Strange how they refuse to play any other instruments though, only harps. Everyone needs their own schtick I suppose. I'm surprised you know of them Velon! And here I thought you weren't the musical type, but I guess I was wrong. How did you know I knew them?" Perry asks matter-of-factly.

"I am proficient in the harp myself of course, but I haven't played it since I met you all," Perry says as he pulls out a small golden harp from his bag. "Hmm, maybe I mentioned it while I was drunk… hmm, most troubling. What else did I say?" Perry asks out loud to himself. "Anyway, yes, I will absolutely go help arrange a meeting with them for you. Leave it to me!"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th May, 2018 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 958

Lia shrugs." I can take us to the settlement that the green dragon destroyed. We didn't actually see the dragon. The attack had happened earlier but the poison gas was still visible in the low lying areas. I assume the dragon had a lair close by but we would have to search from the ruined town. Fay and I didn't at the time because the two of us couldnt have handled a dragon without more help. My people are the main inhabitants of the forest. There are some humans and a few halflings plus some orcs. I'm sure we could locate the dragon."

Upon hearing Velon speak poorly of trying to purchase the mask Mari looks away from the group and rolls her eyes. She sits quietly awaiting what the group will decide.

Post Date: 5th May, 2018 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 958

Perry thinks for a moment, “Hmm green dragon, green dragon… what do we know about green dragons other than they use poison? Different colored dragons generally behave differently, right? So perhaps if we know how this thing acts, you know, get inside its head so-to-speak. Maybe then we can track it down or formulate some sort of, you know, plan, or tactic, or, at the very least, some general flow in how best to tackle it.”

“Don’t get me wrong. I’m sure you all, being the stupendous Silver Blaze, are master tacticians, well-versed in the art of dragon slaying. You who have probably slain hundreds, nay thousands, of these pitiful lizards in your time. A fight, if it can even be called such, against such a simple, pathetic, run-of-the-mill green dragon is surely naught but an inconvenience for ones of your strength. Even during the fights with the Yuan-ti, the sheer wisdom displayed of repeatedly hitting the enemies with increasing amounts of force until they died, was nothing short of true genius. Magnificent!” Perry exclaims dramatically.

Perry clears his throat as he gets up from the table, “Ehem, in the meantime, I’ll go do what I’m good at. I saw a potion shop down the street during the small eternity that we’ve spent here. I can go down there and see if I can procure any potions that will help ward us against poison. I’ll do my best to get a good deal for us! Anyone who wants a potion, or who wants to join me, just speak up and pitch in some gold and I’ll go get them for us.”

-

Penelope can be seen gallivanting her way leisurely to the potion shop in Candlekeep. “Hi hi!” she exclaims with a big smile as she waves to the store clerk. “Hey there, um, I’m looking for some magic potions that grant some protection against poison." She leans in a bit towards the clerk and whispers, "I’m going to be needing quite a few. How many do you have in stock? Since this is a bulk order, surely I get a good discount, right? Please?” she asks innocently with her big brown eyes.

Out of Character: Depending on how much these are anyone in the group can pitch in for a potion. Going to roll persuasion to try and lower the price down. Since they are uncommon magic items, I assume the standard price here is 500 gold per.

EDIT: The standard price is actually 300 gold using the Sane Magic Items list. Still let's see if I can haggle it down a bit if we buy a bunch! Thanks Daishain for the correction.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 5th May, 2018 - 3:27pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.