Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 959 of 1199

"Thank you, sir. Absolutely, I agree - Page 959 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th May, 2018 - 3:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

13th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 5th May, 2018 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 959

Poljen will donate 500 gold to the potion purchase. He will also say, "We were originally hired by the Harpers to go to Greenest. I am sure if we return to Baldur's Gate they will listen to our story, and might be able to initiate a discussion with the Zhentarim about the mask. Then we can go to where the village was destroyed and maybe try to track the green dragon. Unless we learn something about the wizard among the ice floes."

Sponsored Links:
6th May, 2018 - 1:43am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, looks a bit annoyed at Perry's summary of the green dragon, being a pitiful lizard.
"Do not forget, it was a dragon that had slained Zarra. By the gods she was ressurected, alive to tell the tale, of both her's and our heroic deeds. Never, underestimate the cunning, and power of a dragon," Tazskan, answers, annoyed by Perrys comments.

"My race, the Dragonborn have had their fair share of battles, and even been at war with dragons in the past. I'm sure this green dragon, will proove to be a worthy opponant," he adds.

"Perry, I have need of a potion of poison antidote," and hands him 500gp.
"This, should cover it," he adds.

"One more thing, if someone with the knack of persuation would like to accompany me please. I wish to obtain Maccaths itinerry and a name, and picture of his boat," Tazskan adds.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 6th May, 2018 - 2:03am

Post Date: 6th May, 2018 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Aw, Taz, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that," Perry apologizes. "I just meant you guys can easily beat a dragon if you work together. How about I go with you to try and get you that itinerary document to make up for it?"

Out of Character: Can we actually talk to this person who holds the itinerary or are they located in the library where only the smart people can go?

6th May, 2018 - 6:59am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 959 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

"Thank you Perry, we will have to pay a visit to the local Clerk over this particular matter," he says enthusiastically.

"Hopefully, this gentleman doesn't have his office, inside the library. Otherwise, might have to procure another book, by whatever means, just to visit him," he gives Mari a wink, and smile, indicating where this might go?

Specific Action: Information on the boat that Maccath boarded, where it departed from, name and description of boat. Itinerary of Maccath, ships manifest. Any other questions Perry may have also.

Out of Character: Will roll persuation attempt, a couple of rounds.In advance from Tazskan, with the Clerk. Tazskan, would prefer not to pay for an expensive book, just to have a 10 minute chat with a Clerk.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 6th May, 2018 - 7:04am

Tazskan Daardendrien Results:
  • Persuation on D20 (+4): 20, 10 (2 rolls)

Post Date: 6th May, 2018 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Perry and Tazskan head to the keep in Hope's of finding out more of where Maccath went.

Soon enough a slightly annoyed looking gentleman steps out to speak with them. Apparently he would've preferred to stay in his office inside.

"I don't know what your purpose is, but we try to preserve the integrity of the research performed by Oghma's faithful. We take a dim view of anyone attempting to steal information or artifacts from one of our number."

Out of Character: Perry successfully negotiates the price on the poison resistance options down to 250 gp apiece. In addition, the seller offers cases of 8 for 1750.

Post Date: 6th May, 2018 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Perry replies to the angry man, “Oh pardon us sir, I do believe there’s been a bit of a misunderstanding here. I apologize for any offense we may have caused. You are, of course, only doing your job here, which I obviously commend greatly."

“Actually, my dragonborn friend here and I have a great deal of respect for both Oghma and his teachings. In fact, our good friend and colleague, a devout follower of Oghma, is actually in the library as we speak. Unfortunately, he’s a bit busy with his research currently so we thought, being his trusted assistants and all, that we’d just lend him a hand and find this itinerary on his behalf. You know how those wizards can get when you put them in front of a book!” Perry laughs.

“Ahem, anyway, “steal” is a bit harsh and not exactly correct you see. We merely mean to “assist” Maccath in the safe “retrieval” of this artifact. In fact, we have it on good authority that he and his crew may be in a non-inconsequential amount of danger from a rabid group of creepy cult types. And trust me, no one likes those guys,” Perry says with a shudder. “Who knows what they would do to him if they get to him first? It will only take us a moment to look the document over and then we'll be on our way.”

Out of Character: This is a good mix of persuasion and deception here I think. Either way it's the same modifier.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th May, 2018 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 959

The clerk pinches his face, opens his mouth, closes it, opens it again, and finally says, "Wait here."

He disappears back into the keep, and remains there for some time. Several minutes after waiting around the gate has become awkwardly uncomfortable, he returns, with several documents in hand.

He hands a freshly penned contract over first, "You want this information, you will both sign that. You acknowledge that Maccath has authority in all matters directly pertaining to her research project, and that you will not share this information with anyone who has not taken a similar oath."

He grins for the first time, "And believe me, we have our own ways to make sure such things are enforced."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th May, 2018 - 2:54am

Post Date: 7th May, 2018 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 959

"Thank you, sir. Absolutely, I agree to these terms and will sign this contract here. I'm an expert at signing these types of things lately. It's always good to have that paper trail I always say," Perry laughs, amused at himself.

Perry signs the document, "Let's see here… Peregrine Maximilian Cornelius Pennington. And done! Now where's this itinerary?"

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.