Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 975 of 1199

Penelope, having not really engaged in the - Page 975 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th May, 2018 - 1:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 975

Perry hears a voice, and the second man previously tailing Poljen pops up beside him, a scrawny half elf with a manic grin on his face, "Well now, isn't that interesting. I take it you lot were expecting trouble? I guess my interference wasn't necessary."

Poljen and Velon each down another man, between that, the tentacles, and the sudden appearance of an air elemental, it all proves too much for the remaining thugs. They break ranks and start running, leaving behind a few men still struggling in their magical bonds, and several dead or unconscious on the ground.

The running thugs come to a confused halt when the Flaming Fists come barreling around a corner ahead of them. Soon enough, they're disappearing as fast as they can down side alleys, with mercenaries moving to chase down those they can.

Just the apparent leader of the mercs remains, a tall and thin man clad in simple clothing and bearing only a longsword, but he moves with the stance of a seasoned warrior. He moves up to the scene of the battle, looking around. "It appears we are a little late to the party here. Hmph, I think I know what happened here, but if you would be so kind as to explain it in clear terms, we can all put this behind us. Oh, and if you would be so kind as to bind those men, I would rather not have them get away."

Out of Character: Anyone attempting to lie right now needs to make a Will save, effect to be announced if it is failed. No, your character won't notice the save either way.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th May, 2018 - 4:59am

Sponsored Links:
17th May, 2018 - 10:25am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

With the entrance of the seasoned Flaming fists leader, Tazskan drops concentration and the spell.

Tazskan complies with request, steps out from the shadows, and starts to bind up the thugs.

"Sir, these thugs have set upon our loyal barbarian warrior," he says gesturing towards Poljen.

"They, the thugs attacked him without provocation," he adds.
"I merely rendered assistance, to give him support," he answers.

Out of Character: Tazskan makes no attempt to hide anything.

Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 10:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

As this whole thing was Poljen's idea, he steps forward. "Greetings! Your arrival is most welcome. I am Poljen, son of Nels, Last of the Snow Leopards, and member in good standing of the Silver Blaze." At that last title, he glances at Velon with a questioning look in his eyes. Regardless of Velon's reaction he says, "I had just left the Violet Swan, when these men surrounded me, meaning to kidnap me. I fear they meant to ransom me, or something even worse. But they did not reckon with the might and cunning of the Silver Blaze. I fought back, and with some timely assistance from my comrades here, we have set them to their heels!"

Out of Character: : Not a single word is untrue… but you did not say I needed s Save if not telling the whole truth. Only if lying, which he is surely not doing. Now, if this guy is any good, he might ask some questions that make things a touch dicier…

17th May, 2018 - 10:36am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 975 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Stepping forward, Zarra will say quite firmly and seriously, "As was said by Poljen, then he was also tailed before hand by one who literally seem to have a tail. We came to assist him in fighting them back, which you saw the last bit of." The drow had her face covered, as usual, making sure to do before drawing attention to herself.

Out of Character: I'm pretty sure there's nothing untruthful in what I had Zarra say. If there is let me know and I can update, as I don't think this would be a good instance for her to lie even if she is expertised in deception.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 17th May, 2018 - 10:39am

Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The remaining thugs are bound, there's some struggle involved, but soon enough eldritch tentacles are replaced with rope, and a line of sullen looking men sit there.

The guard captain nudges one of the fallen with his foot. "This is the Black Bile gang, a rather overblown name for a bunch of small timer cowards that like to do intimidation work in the cover of night."

"Only a few of them have fully earned a death sentence, but the loss of the fallen is certainly no great pity. The question I have is why this happened. For all of them to openly attack in broad daylight, the reward for your capture must have been very enticing. And for you to be ready for trouble with such offensive spells… "He shakes his head before looking hard at Poljen. "What exactly have you brought to my city?"

Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Poljen purses his lips, obviously trying to choose his words carefully. "Captain, I fear that our group is engaged in a dangerous, long-term fight against a very evil group. I don't wish to use names here in the open. But I assure you that they pursue the Blaze ferociously, as we have already thwarted them several times. We need to be wary at all times. And while I do not wield magic the way my companions can, we all remain ready to defend ourselves, and innocents who might be swept up into trouble, at a moment's notice." He pauses, then says, "We had merely stopped in Baldur's Gate briefly before setting out on the next leg of our mission. I decided to visit some lovely lady friends of mine at the Swan since I had no other pressing business. And I think we plan on leaving town shortly. But if it will ease some of your concerns, I will gladly accompany you and answer any further questions you may have." He then lowers his voice and adds with a sly grin, "And I wish to thank you for your timely arrival. It seems as of you and your men were anticipating trouble. Tell me, do you have an informant in this gang?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 975

Velon just shrugs his shoulders at the inquiries of this guard captain and looks to Poljen to answer.

Out of Character: ... Which he has already done, of course. Let it be known that Velon didn't attack or kill anyone, although I respect that the Dungeon Master is probably just trying to move things along. Velon only went it to share the burden of the blows, cast defensive magic, and talk a little trash to distract them and warn anyone that might attack the Blaze in the future.

Post Date: 17th May, 2018 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 975

Penelope, having not really engaged in the fight and really not even looking like a fierce warrior at all with her petite frame and mandolin, is just standing by holding her pet turtle close.

She pretends to be shocked and distressed at the event but mostly remains quiet.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.