Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1131 of 1199

Velon tests out some of his minor spells (Cantrips) - Page 1131 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Sep, 2018 - 2:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Sep, 2018 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1131

"If observing from above was the solution to the maze, those already inside it would already be through. No, this clever gentleman has some other way of confusing the path. We can figure it out when we are inside, and hopefully not let anyone on the other side see our solution. Let's get moving before we need to fend off more army."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Sep, 2018 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The castle tapers off its barrage as the camp empties.

As the group enters the archway, they proceed down a long curving passage. It isn't long before something is seen to the side of the path as it continues on, a stone plinth with what appears to be four large gemstones set in a row, a Ruby, Emerald, Topaz, and Sapphire.

A moment's inspection reveal all four to be made of glass. Pretty, but of no particular value.

When Perry attempts to fly up above the tall hedges to get a look, he bonks his head on something hard instead, about 30' above the ground, a little below the shrubbery height..

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2018 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Standing well back from the plinth, Poljen sniffs the air, sure he can practically smell magic coming from the stone and the glass gems. "No doubt this is part of the trick of getting through this maze. We will have to push the gems in some order, or find more stones and the colors are directions, or something like that. If we need someone to walk past it without touching it, or touch things, to see if that is a bad idea, I will do so. We should leave the smarter folks on their feet, rather than turned into toads or zapped with magic."

20th Sep, 2018 - 7:06am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 1131 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

"I concur with Poljen here, it appears, that the four colored gemstones, will need to be pressed in a particular sequence to activate something important, possibly a secret passage,"? Tazskan says.

"I suspect that if one was to press one of the gems, it would glow brightly a particular color," He continues.
"Blood red for the ruby, green for the emerald, colorless for topaz, and purple for the sapphire," He adds.

"The fact, that Perry, was stopped from any vertical flight, indicates we are dealing with some kind of invisible impenetrable barrier above the maze,"

"If what I suspect is true, then I shouldn't be able to contact the flying castle, right about now," he says.

"We are dealing with very impressive powerful magic here," He says.

Specific Action: Tazskan, pauses, takes a moment, to contact the flying castle through the psuedodragon, now using voice of chain feature. Then explain exactly where the party on the ground is, and doing.

Out of Character: If Dai can confirm if my suspicions are correct here?

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2018 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Perry flaps his wings and a large gust of wind erupts forth towards the ground, lifting him towards the sky. He triumphantly and heroically ascends nearly thirty feet in mere seconds. He is beaming with confidence as he goes to execute his perfect plan to see over the hedge… but then he bonks his head. To the rest of the party, for a brief moment, Perry appears to be hanging in the air in much the same way that a brick doesn't.

He slowly and sadly begins descending as he grasps his poor head in pain. He appears to be on the verge of tears, similar to a child that just fell down on the playground and hurt themselves. "It hurts," he says softly, moments after landing.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 20th Sep, 2018 - 12:17pm

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2018 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Curious about the properties of the barrier, Lawrence has a whispered conversation with his weasel form Gamliel, then it disappears. Looking up high and picking a spot just above the hedge, Lawrence summons his friend from the pocket dimension.
Regarding the stones, Lawrence studies them intently, trying to determine any relevant patterns in their placement or cut. “If we want to spend the time, I could use an identify to see if we can discern their use. “
Sa - just trying to see if a non magical summoning would work beyond the barrier. The familiar is not in a good form for overhead viewing, but if it works, he could be reshaped.
EDIT : And here I thought I HAD posted dice rolls. Mobile posting is problematic. Taking advantage of Perry.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 20th Sep, 2018 - 2:23pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Sep, 2018 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1131

After a lot of complaining to Lia about the rudeness of invisible barriers, the immense pain he is suffering, and the injustice of it all, Perry eventually makes his way to the gems. The bard begins examining the pedestal intently, pretending to know what he's looking at. "Hmm, hmm yes, yes I see," Perry says while clutching his chin. "I've seen this one before."

He inspects the pedestal itself as well as the gems, getting closer but being careful not to touch them just yet.

Specific Action: Investigation and Arcana checks to see if Perry can find out any non-obvious information here. If anyone else who is smart like Lawrance checks, then he will provide the Help action to give them advantage on their investigation roll.

Out of Character: EDIT: Accidentally used the tweaked rolls, redoing them before they go through.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 20th Sep, 2018 - 2:14pm

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2018 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1131

Velon tests out some of his minor spells (Cantrips) upon entering the maze, including light, creating green flame as he swings his weapon, etc.

"Impressive Poljen, you seem to know a lot about magical mazes. How many have you done before?"

As Taz speaks, Velon groans a little. "Taz, ah, is a typical dragonborn trait to point out the obvious, by chance? Also, do you believe in reincarnation? Any chance you were a parrot in a previous life?"

"Lawrance, I know I give you a hard time, but if you'd be so kind, could you look at this and perhaps save my sanity? Take all the time you need."

Out of Character:
#soMeta

Anyone going to make arcana rolls and such to understand the maze, or just going to make assumptions and use out of character experience? Velon's not great at such things, so he'll 'Help' Lawrance. Update: Looks like Perry beat me to it.

Daishain, did we kill those fleeing soliders?

Have we noticed that any of our magic does not work inside this maze area below the 30ft after some testing with cantrips? I imagine not, but want to verify.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.