Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1148 of 1199

Lawrance thinks for a bit, sketching out diagrams - Page 1148 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Sep, 2018 - 9:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
25th Sep, 2018 - 4:16am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1148

The Protector. says...

"Well done Perry, for accepting the challenge, now we can all discover what skills, she wants to test us with," Tazskan says.

Like Morgaine, Tazskan avoids looking directly at the statue of the Medusa. Even in stone, wary not knowing how permanent the effects on her are.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Now that is a good sign! Both of these ladies are here for the puzzle and not trapped in conflict. Time to polish up our thinking hats and see what we can solve to pass THIS test!"
Lawrance is gleeful, almost childish as he awaits the conundrum about to be presented, not really focusing on the goal. After a moment he pauses and says "Did anyone else wonder about the rest of the people that we saw in here? I've not seen any evidence of their passing, so maybe they didn't? Maybe they fed Perry's playmates, down below."

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 9:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Very well, I have three riddles for you, answer two of them correctly and the key is yours. Listen carefully. Two sisters see each other only in passing. One gives birth to the other, who in turn gives birth to the first. Name them."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Sep, 2018 - 10:24am

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 1148 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lawrence gets even more excited at the ridle, biting his lower lip to keep quiet, but squirming as he turns to Velon “Nighttime and daytime, Velon! It’s night and day! Just like the one in Orcish, that goes ‘Two wolves of ravenous nature : one eats the other, and so does it’s rival. Born anew in endless cycle, one stays longer when times are colder, the other does better, the warmer the weather. ‘ or the Elvish one about two streams intertwined - spinning in place among all the pines. Forests do thrive… ” realizing he’s rambling, he restates “Day and night. That’s it. “.

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon scratches his head at first but then hears Lawrance's words. Over the mental link he says "Oh, right." "I was thinking the sun and the moon, and I guess it's kinda the same, but I think you have it more on point, wizard. Agreed, Perry? Anyone else?"

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Sphinx raises a paw in acknowledgement, "That is correct, well done. Next riddle."

"Three Guardians stand before you. You know that one always speaks the truth, one always lies, and one answers randomly in regards to whether or not he speaks truth. You may ask three yes or no questions. In order to pass, you must identify the nature of each Guardian. What three questions would you ask?"

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Sep, 2018 - 2:03pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1148

Cratol waits as the others answer the questions. He thinks about the second riddle and shakes his head as he tries to decipher it.

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1148

Lawrance thinks for a bit, sketching out diagrams and logic on the dirt floor and in his notebook.After a few minutes of pondering, he stands up, dusts of his robes and says "I think I have it. I'll call the truth-teller the Knight, the liar the Knave and the randomizer the Joker. I'd designate each of the Guardians an identifier of A, B and C. I'd then ask the first two the following: 'Do either of the other two ever lie?' If the first two answer yes, I then know that C is the Knave. If they both answer no, then C is the Knight.
I'd then ask the known Knave 'Is A the truth-teller?' If he answers no, then A is the Knight, otherwise it's the Joker. "
"If the known one is the Knight, I'd ask him if A was the always liar and find out that way.

If I get two different answers from the first two questions, I then know that the Joker is one of the first two, and I'd ask the third one the same first question. If that one answers yes, then I know the other one that answered yes is the Joker and the one I just asked is the Knight. If he answers no, then I know the one who answered no the first time around is the Joker and that I just asked the Knave.

Is that right?" Lawrance says, leaning forward in hope.

Out of Character: - I hope I DID get it right. I've been pondering it at work, and while I drove. biggrin.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 25th Sep, 2018 - 9:22pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.