Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 15 of 58

As for Targul's Terrors, the idea - Page 15 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Dec, 2016 - 1:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 58 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2016 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 15

Change it to someone raising skeletons and zombies… I am not that particular. The whole idea is they destroyed dead creatures, ergo Deathslayers.

Sponsored Links:
27th Dec, 2016 - 3:12am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I do personally like the idea.

More, it would allow Geoffory to shine as a Morninglord of Lathander and a Cleric of Light. Fighting the undead with the power of his God as well his morningstar, working with his companions to defeat the dread necromancer.

Deathslayers could ring very true for the young priest and knight, and perhaps work well with others as well. The given how many have silvered weapons, I do think the Silver Wayfinders is my favorite name.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th Dec, 2016 - 3:14am

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2016 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia was sitting at the table reflecting on the day's events. They were discussing names for their adventuring party. Lia had made a few suggestions including Silver Wayfarers. She raised her goblet of elvish wine to her lips and sipped at it. The fruity taste was superb. While the tavern was noisy she managed to be relaxed and calm. Suddenly she heard a loud thud from across the table. Without looking she knew it was Poljen. Lia continues to savor her drink. Then she heard the human barbarian begin speaking. This should be good she thought.

Lia gazes at Poljen calmly with her green eyes seeming to see through him. She has an expressionless look on her face. Upon hearing him criticize the Silver Wayfarers she almost groaned. Of course this was above his head. Everything was. Someone needed some type of class and dignity to like that name. Hearing him talking about his lack of wit and winking at her she barely stopped rolling her eyes. I can't react to that. That is what he wants. If I act like it doesn't bother me he will stop. She listens to him continue through to the Deathslayers name. She just manages to stop her jaw from dropping. How had this human survived this long? How were humans driving her people back? Some gods owed an explanation about this. He was being serious. Actually serious. The whole time she was thinking this she looked at him and to the others. Unless someone was an expert in dealing with elves would they know what she was really thinking. She quickly finished her wine and waves for another. I can't endure this without more alcohol. She looked to the others again. Surely someone else had the sense to say how bad an idea this was. She mutters in elvish " Please goddess Sune, don't let this group accept that name. He means well I think but he is a crass individual. . "

Out of Character: : The name is fine with me. Lia doesn't care for it. I jumped at the chance to rp a little with Lia. It might be fun to continue this a little bit. It would help everyone to maybe work out some details about their character's personalities and to learn about the others. That was too funny Paul to not join in. I think it will be funny to see him irritate her constantly *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Dec, 2016 - 3:36am

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2016 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 15 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I would still hope for the sake of the scene that some of the group would shake their heads and bemoan the terrible word play… but if the group came around and agreed with the name, Poljen would be slightly insufferable for a bit *wink*.

27th Dec, 2016 - 4:18am / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen would probably be oblivious to any flirting for the most part, but if he did notice he would probably pretend that he didn't notice and politely change the subject doing his best not to hurt feelings. But Audreeana is not generally among those subjects that he talks about. I like the idea of the party having defeated a necromancer in the past, as being associated with such a group would further hide the truth of his arcane studies and Onwen would have promptly plundered whatever knowledge he could from the victory.

27th Dec, 2016 - 10:57am / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

The Terror says...

Here's AN idea. I can't role play it in Targul's words because it's way beyond his intellect. This would have to be a suggestion from one of the Harper members or even from some sage outside of the group.

My suggestion is "Targul's Terrors" or something to that effect. Now, before you all moan and think that I'm trying to position Targul as the leader of the group, I'm not.

Here's the rational:
If we're going with the idea that at the heart of the group are Harpers and assorted spies that are trying to avoid drawing attention to themselves and therefore are able to work behind the scenes more freely then with Targul as the public face, there's less of a chance that anybody on the outside of the group would be suspicious of the group of anything more than a bar fight or general carousing based on his personality and reputation.

As far as how this would work, I'd say that one of the Harpers should be the actual leader (Maybe Cahleth?), but the party always, at least initially, throws Targul in front to do the talking in order to keep up the appearance. Then they pretty much stand behind him and feed him questions because he's not smart enough to think of questions on his own, let alone know what's really happening.

But, this is only a valid suggestion if we're planning on an espionage heavy campaign.

As far as their past exploits and history is concerned, they're not known for any one big deed, but they have been successful at everything they've taken on so far and in some cases, spectacularly so. Such as clearing a presumed haunted house and saving an entire fishing village from a sahuagin invasion (U series for those who are keeping score), thwarting a barbarian invasion from the north (No module, but that's where the party picked up Poljen), and an assortment of other things, maybe just more local to the area that we're in to afford some reputation. We are, after all, only 4th level and in 5E, that's not a lot.

Discuss….

Reconcile Edited: Falrun on 27th Dec, 2016 - 11:00am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2016 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 15

In terms of tiers of play, 4th level is still very much local heroes. We haven't saved the world yet. We've saved the village. We also don't exactly know the relationship between our little gang of mercs and the Harpers.

One thought that occurred to me is that maybe we're the survivors. Maybe our company's name and reputation is a little bigger than us, Maybe we are all that's left of Rasczak's Roughnecks after the battle at the lich's tower. While the company did take down the lich, the lich and her lieutenants took out the powerful leaders of the company. Those of us who walked away were outside the tower, fighting zombies to capture the phylactery.

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2016 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 15

As for Targul's Terrors, the idea of him being the front man to try to hide our affiliation with the Harpers is good in principle, but I fear the charade of Targul being the leader might not last all that long. People will see through it enough that either they won't believe it, or will be very skeptical of a group lead by someone who is clearly not the smartest in the group, unless we want a rep as simple mercs. Maybe use one of the others as the figurehead…

And if I were running the game, having us as a group of survivors rather than heroes, would make for a good long plot arc, as we try to establish that we aren't merely remnants, but worthy of being hired. Also, most 'survivors' of such a battle would probably prefer to distance themselves from what some would consider a debacle. And if we are having to establish (Or even re-establish) a reputation, we'd be less useful to the Harpers. I would bet they would prefer use us for really low-level missions.

I think we can should with the tale of us having been gathered by a few core members, and we've just taken down a necromancer, saving a decent-size town, maybe one trying to expand its trade/holdings and in doing so bumped up against the villain(S).

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.