Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 6 of 58

A bag of holding is an uncommon item, I have - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Dec, 2016 - 4:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 58 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 8:09am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 6

Ok, here are the finishing touches for Lia.

Spell save DC: 13
Spell attack modifier +5

I will upgrade her to scale mail. Thanks Daishain. She now has 366 gold. Her AC is 16 without the shield. 18 with it.

Her holy symbol will be worn on a necklace. The symbol depicts a beautiful woman with long red hair.

Longbow +5 attack bonus / damage 1D8 +3. Normal range 150 feet max range 600 feet.

Addition to her history: She found out in the years before she left where her son was taken to. When she left home Lia looked for him but never could find him. That haunts her and she still hopes to find him someday.

Lia plans on being in the mercenary band. Is the main body of the group going to be members of the Harpers or another group? Is everyone planning to have a mount to ride or will some be on foot? Once everyone has their character history finished we should work on how all the characters interact together in the group. We will have been adventuring together for some time by this point.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 20th Dec, 2016 - 8:26am

Sponsored Links:
20th Dec, 2016 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Yes, I am using the the SCAG half-elf variant for my half-drow. It takes away my 120' dark vision and other explicitly elf traits, but I maintain my drow magic and no sun-light penalty.
Stats posted on character page now.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 20th Dec, 2016 - 1:16pm

20th Dec, 2016 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

international QUOTE
Thomaslee, Geoffrey Charney, Human Light Cleric
Looks like you haven't picked up on how proficiency works. It is basically replacing both BAB and skill ranks. So your attack modifiers for your weapons would be +4. You can go ahead and put your domain spells in with the rest, just make sure to recall they're always there and don't need to be prepared like the rest. It looks like your stats are well over the mark one way or another, how did you reach those marks? When you get a chance, get some details for your retainers/squire going. You'll also want to decide how they'll interact with you in the story to some degree. I need to decide what stats to use for said squire, as such is not exactly spelt out.

So just saw your edit. My apologies for the bad abilities scores. The generator I used for the point buy was off it seems, I felt they looked high, but I used a different one this time around so I believe they are correct now.

I will get started on Geoffroy's, spelled with an 'o' not 'e' towards the end, history as well go into detail about his retainers as quickly as I can and finish everything up today. That way you can look everything over.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 20th Dec, 2016 - 1:36pm

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

@Thomaslee, No worries, its a lot to think about. The scores add up just fine now.

@Brandonfett, the numbers look good. Don't forget to post the rest as you work it out, such as spell selection, just where the Rogue:Wizard ratio falls, and any subclass selections thereof.

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, my Background Feature is:

SAFE HAVEN: As a faction agent, you have access to a secret network of supporters and operatives who can provide assistance on your adventures. You know a set of secret signs and passwords you can use to identify such operatives, who can provide you with access to a hidden safe house, free room and board, or assistance in finding information. These agents never risk their lives for you or risk revealing their true identities (From the SCAG).

I picked the Prestidigitation ability mainly for flavor. I figure Harpers of a certain rank can magically inscribe a symbol on their correspondence to let the receiver know the source is genuine. Sort of like a official seal, but magical and time sensitive.

As for fleshing out my background:

Personality Traits
I am tolerant of other faiths and views and respect the worship of other gods, belief systems, etc. (Essentially, live and let live as long as their are no abuses of power or injustices involved).

I have a strong sense of fair play and always try to find the most equitable solution to arguments.

Ideal
Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people.

Bond
Everything I do is for the common people.

Flaw
I put too much trust in those who wield power within my faction's hierarchy.

I'll get the other details you requested updated soon.

20th Dec, 2016 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Ok I think I got it all worked out save for equipment which brings me to a question. You mentioned we could purchase magic items; how much would a bag if holding run me?

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 20th Dec, 2016 - 3:48pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Dec, 2016 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 6

The Friendly Necromancer says...

I’ve updated the stats, thanks for the assist, I've never been very good at the mechanics of character building so Onwen may not be worth a whole lot in a fight… I also switched out the charm person spell for Comprehend Languages since I think that would fit in a little better with Onwen’s goals; part of which includes wanting to gather information from various sources so it would make more sense for him to have a spell that helps him read/understand different languages.

Stats
Onwen Brecht
Human Male; Wizard (Necromancer)-4

Hit Dice: 4 D6

Strength: 9 (-1)
-1 Saving Throw; -1 Athletics

Dexterity: 14 (+2)
+2 Saving Throw; +2 Acrobatics; +2 Sleight of hand;+2 Stealth

CON: 12 (+1)
+1 Saving Throw

*INT: 18 (+4)
+6 Saving Throw*; +6 Arcana*; +6 History*; +6 Investigation; +4 Nature; +4 Religion

*Wisdom: 14 (+2)
+4 Saving Throw; +2 Animal Handling; +2 Insight; +2 Medicine; +2 Perception ;+2 Survival

Charisma: 14 (+2)
+2 Saving Throw; +2 Deception; +2 Intimidation; +2 Performance; +4 Persuasion*

SPELLBOOK
Cantrips: Prestidigitation; Chill touch; Dancing Lights; Mage Hand

Level 1 (4/4 Slots): Alarm; False Life*; Mage Armor*; Detect Magic; Sleep*; Magic Missile*; Comprehend Languages*; Identify

Level 2 (3/3 Slots): Locate Object; Gentle Repose*; Web*; Darkvision.

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

A bag of holding is an uncommon item, I have that category priced as having a base market price of 500 gold. As useful as a BOH is, I don't particularly suggest blowing your entire budget on it and going into the game essentially naked otherwise.

Now with that in mind, I should mention an opportunity. Baldur's Gate has a thriving selection of highly discounted (Stolen) items if you look in the right (Or wrong) places. You can probably find an affordable BOH there. However, there is also a high chance of being scammed when dealing with that crowd, fake and cursed magic items are commonly sold in lieu of the real thing. If it is real, there is also a slim possibility of the original owner having the resources needed to track the item down. So taking that route is a major gamble.

Another possibility is that you can convince people to invest in something to be used as a party resource rather than a personal item. Split the cost up that way. They'll need to agree to it, and you'll need to agree to share the usage, but a BOH is good enough for a party to have that I don't think it will be a major uphill battle.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Dec, 2016 - 5:30pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.