Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 57 of 58

To be clear, a standard flametongue longsword - Page 57 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th May, 2018 - 5:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 58 pgs.  53 54 55 56 57 58 
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
11th May, 2018 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 57

Lady of the Water says...

Got changes made. If anything else seems off or wrong, let me know and will fix.
It is great to be here.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th May, 2018 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Welcome in to the party! I guess this means a lot of melee is coming our way. Lawrance will be glad of the meaty shielding.

Post Date: 11th May, 2018 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

There's always more room on the front lines! (Just ask Fay, for those that have been around a while(Irdeith vs. Duergur))

international QUOTE
AC:26(Splint mail 17 +2 bonus =19; +2 shield +2 bonus=4+19=23; +2 Dexterity + 1 robe bonus = 26
Attack Bonus. Melee: +10(+4 Proficiency, +4 Strength, +2 sword)

*what is giving +2 Dexterity? Heavy armor doesn't normally add Dexterity, although I think Daishain did offer some dwarven crafting that may allow it, at a cost.

Post Date: 11th May, 2018 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 57 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Only errors I see is that you are adding Dexterity to heavy armor. Splintmail is just 17 AC flat with no Dexterity bonus sadly. You could just purchase +2 plate armor though which would still get you to 24 AC with everything else.

The only other error is that 5e only allows 3 items that require attunement to be worn at a time. In your case, those are the Ioun Stone of Regeneration, Necklace of Adaptation, and Flametongue Longsword. Cloak of Protection would mean a 4th attunement sadly. You would have to swap out one of the other three to wear it. Some items don't require attunement though and you just have to look up which ones do and which ones don't. It's a bit of a pain.

Post Date: 11th May, 2018 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Indeed, attunement is rough! I guess getting more good items some day will be a good problem to have, but I hate to have to keep dropping items Velon is used to using! I miss the spell slot ring still!

Post Date: 11th May, 2018 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

She actually downgraded her Flametongue to a regular +2 sword, so she's safe for attunement maximums that way. Even without the Dexterity added, 22 AC is respectable *smile*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th May, 2018 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 57

Lady of the Water says...

Daishain stated I could not have the flametongue longsword, for it was a Legendary item. So it is why I downgraded it and got the Cloak of Protection. I will fix the +2 Dexterity error for AC.

Post Date: 12th May, 2018 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 57

To be clear, a standard flametongue longsword isn't a problem, its not a legendary item. A flametongue longsword that is also a +2 weapon on the other hand…

In any case, things look good. Others feel free to point out anything I've missed, but I'm setting this character to active. I'll cue Morgaine in as part of my next post, feel free to jump in with as much of an intro as you care for at that point.

(Note for others on damage, she gets a +2 bonus when wielding a single one handed weapon thanks to fighting style. AC is also correct thanks to a +1 bonus from her cloak.).

+  « First of 58 pgs.  53 54 55 56 57 58 

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.