Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 12 of 58

Dragonmonkey, ahaha, "You'll - Page 12 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 9:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 58 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
22nd Dec, 2016 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 12

The Quiet Shadow says...

What is the cost of making a weapon silvered?

Also, I believe I may be missing some combat details but apart from that though I believe Geoffroy is good to go unless someone has a critique or suggestion. Also, I need to double check HPs to make sure they are correct going with average instead of rolling.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Properly silvering a weapon takes 100 gp, as the weapon's business end essentially needs to be reforged in a particularly difficult process. (That price also covers a quiver of silvered arrows/bolts)

In a pinch, I'm going to say you can also silver weapons yourself for about 1 GP a pop, simply by melting down silver coins and dipping. But such will only last for a few hits, and imposes a -1 penalty to damage.

For HP, you're a little low, D8 hit dice with a Con Mod of +2 correct? Average value of a d8 is 4.5, and 5E is generous enough to let you round that half point up for 5+Con per level. Also, your first level uses the maximum possible value of your hit die.

So then, your total should be 8+3*5+4*2=31.

As for your character write-up, it looks good to me. His history with the group could use more, but that's still being developed so such is not expected. The main remaining issue lies in occasional spelling/grammar items, which I try not to nag people about.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 5:59pm

22nd Dec, 2016 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

I will see about cleaning up grammar and spelling.

Hmm, not sure if I will be able to silver his Morningstar. The reason being is that because of buying his retainers, counting his squire/sister, food and equipment I can't see where I might take to give himself a little extra. I'll see what I can do.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 7:03pm

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 12 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thomas/Morninglord - What you've got looks quite good. Sorry I didn't get to remarking on it earlier, things have been hectic.

I suggested the silvered weapons as a precaution. There are a number of things with resistance or immunity to weapons that are neither silvered or magic. There are also many that are resistant to any non-magical weapons, but there's nothing we can do about that. For me, 100 gp is worth it, since magical weapons are beyond us at this point.

I've got some stuff worked out for Zunadae, if I can find the time to actually write it up. So…

The village sat surrounded by the forest, and nobody saw the two elves standing at the edge of the wood. The one, a slender, youngish man, dressed in grey furs, holding his bow, frowning at the fields of grain. The other, a beautiful female, in a simple tunic that blended with the colors of the wood.

"There was just a single woodsman's cot here," the male said.

"That was twenty years ago," the female answered. "They are not evil, but they do shape the world to their will without thinking of what is lost. This is why they must be watched, Zunadae. This is what you have been training for."

Zunadae nodded. "I understand. I'm ready, Loriesa. I've mastered everything."

"But magic," Loriesa smiled.

"That will come in due time, as I practice the fundamentals," Zunadae smirked. "Or so you've always said."

"Oh, you listened to that?" Loriesa laughed. She reached into her quiver and pulled out five blunt-tipped arrows. She dropped them on the ground at Zunadae's feet. "Very well. If you're ready, hit me."

When he bent to pick them up, she kicked him in the ear. After the ringing stopped, he picked up the arrows and looked around. She was gone. He waited for her laugh, and then he drew an arrow and aimed. Darkness enveloped him. He stepped carefully through til he found the edge, and she punched him in the stomach.

He swung, but she was already gone. He nocked an arrow and gave chase. He kept after her through illusions, through ambushes, when she vanished from a shadow to another shadow behind him and kicked him again in the same ear. Everything she did, he could almost do. He knew how, but actually doing it lay just beyond him.

With one arrow left, he called his will and leapt up onto a tree branch and hid behind the trunk. Loriesa emerged a short while later, grinning.

"Give up?" she called out.

He shot her in the ear.

"You're going to Waterdeep," she said. "You're going to be a beggar. Get down from there."

He dropped down and walked across the clearing, smiling. She chuckled and shook her head.

"We have a contact among the Harpers. He will introduce you to a woman called Sar'ai. At some point, you will want to kill her. Don't."

"You've been my mentor for twenty years and I haven't killed you yet."

This time, he ducked under her kick, and they both laughed. She slipped her hand into a pocket of her tunic and handed him a pin. It was a raccoon's paw done in ebony.

"Well done," she said. "I'll miss you."

"I won't see you again?"

"Not unless there is reason for you to return."

"Of course," he said. "And you'll have another.... "

"Student. Yes. That's how it works."

He nodded.

"That's what you get for shooting me," she said, and smiled sadly. "You will find someone, Zunadae."

"Yes, as a beggar in Waterdeep I'm sure to have plenty of prospects," he said, and gave her a wry smile.

"So don't stay a beggar. Don't stay in Waterdeep. Just goo in the world, send us word of what you see. And stop being afraid of magic."

22nd Dec, 2016 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Friendly Necromancer says...

I believe my character sheet is updated, but I am struggling a little with how Onwen would have joined up with the party. He is a necromancer but not obviously so; he focuses enough of his arcane studies to other pursuits like divination in order to pass as something of a generalist I suppose and he doesn't take on the physical trappings that one might expect from a necromancer (No necrotic symbols on his spell book or things like that). In fact if one was to try and guess his alignment based on their day to day interactions with him they would probably think he was good aligned maybe even with a lawful bent.

He would not likely be directly associated with an organization like the Harpers although if they did contract out to freelance adventurers to explore ruins and such he would not pass up the opportunity to get paid while exploring ancient sites to further his research and he has to pay the bills somehow.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The simple answer to how Onwen got mixed up in the group is: He's never met them before.

That may not be the most interesting answer, but if they really have that little reason to group up…

In any case, the Harpers are hiring a lot of people for a contract job. The offered pay is generous enough to catch the attention of a mage collecting funds for a certain project.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 11:32pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 12

I believe Lia's sheet is complete now Daishain. I purchased a quiver full of silvered arrows to fit the party theme an. I almost feel sorry for any lycanthropes we run across. .) I also purchased two healing kits. Thomaslee, l like Geoffroy's character history you wrote up. It will be interesting to have his sister along with us. I Think that Lia would be good friends with him. They do have a lot in common.

Brandonfett, Sarai looks very interesting. I loved that inn scene with her. I think Lia would get along with her well also. She wouldn't have the bias against her being half-human because she has a half-elf child somewhere. She isn't predisposed to hate any group like drow.

Zunadae looks good too Dragonmonkey. Liked that story for him as well. I feel they would have some sort of bond with them both being wood elves. He might consider her shallow though with her emphasis on appearance.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 8:50pm

22nd Dec, 2016 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 12

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Dragonmonkey, ahaha, "You'll want to kill her. Don't." I love it! There is going to be some great RPing for sure here!

Daishain, is this like a Nick Fury situation where an agent was dispatched to each of us individually to recruit us for this job based on our abilities or was there just a mass call for adventurers?

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 9:22pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.